Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottydabodi
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

we have these two clowns on the tiny TINY radio station - the only one you can get around here - they pull wire copy and read it verbatim all morning (Badly) and they had the wire copy from the VH story - I wake up to this and start laughing my ass off. OK, ok it's really not funny, but presented in that format, well let's just say - it ain't CNN.

Oh dear.

Comment

• scottydabodi
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

YIPPIE KI YAY MOTHERFUCKERS. Somebody shoot me.
        If you listen to fools
        The Mob Rules

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

According to reports, rock legends Van Halen have finally let the cat out of the bag about the reason behind the 30 cancelled tour dates this summer. Rumors have been circulating that there is friction within the band again, but not is not the case this time. It appears that Eddie Van Halen has caught a terrible case of hiccups that seem to last 5 to 6 hours every single day. He finds it impossible to play the guitar during these fits as it makes his hands jerk quickly “creating a terrible din that is somewhat similar to grindcore”. This has been the case for the last three weeks and it can’t be guaranteed to be fixed by the summer months. “He has held his breath and drank a lot of water, but to no avail” said band spokesperson Russell Bryant. “Doctors are completely befuddled here.”

fiction? I don't see how he could function after 5 hours of hiccups a day.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
            we have these two clowns on the tiny TINY radio station - the only one you can get around here - they pull wire copy and read it verbatim all morning (Badly) and they had the wire copy from the VH story - I wake up to this and start laughing my ass off. OK, ok it's really not funny, but presented in that format, well let's just say - it ain't CNN.
            If Kiran Chetry isn't delivering the news I don't want to hear it

Comment

• Inside.intel
              Full On Cocktard
              • May 2012

why bush dude come on he not even a good pres
              Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• Inside.intel
                Full On Cocktard
                • May 2012

I meant 3000m Steeplechase?
                Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• Inside.intel
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • May 2012

classic pic

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

No, what I meant is that Alex's kid potentially competing at the Olympics is an opportunity to fit in a Euro tour.

The possibility just cropped up in recent weeks 'cos his kid broke personal record / ran one of the best times this year.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Satan
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

VH1 is repeating the crap from Rolling Stone, and they can't even get that right, claiming that the postponed dates have "been on the calendar since the tour was announced in December".

Uh no they haven't. That leg of the tour was just added within the last week or so.

So VH1 quotes Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone quotes unnamed random sources. CNN quotes a couple of sheep from VH Links.... and you mortals wonder why the news coverage in your country is all fucked up??
                      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

why am i checking this thread every few hours ?...i have a serious van halen addiction...

Comment

• jpage78
                          Groupie
                          • Sep 2011

This was just posted on the links by a radio host from Iowa:

Hi gang-
                          I'm one of the radio hosts from Dwyer & Michaels in Iowa. We talked to the facility manager here (Scott Mullen--iWireless center) where the band was booked for Sept. 21.
                          He's got a vested interest in this, obviously. Not only was Van Halen booked but he had to pass on persuing two other shows for the venue. He told us us that he had a long conversation with the promoter from Live Nation yesterday who could give him no concrete reason for the sudden announcement. The promoter only would go as far as stressing that the show at the venue (and presumably the others in the second leg) was postponed and not canceled. Sounds like typical BS promoter talk, huh?
                          Scott wasn't quite as pesimistic. We asked him to ballpark it for us: what are the odds that we'd ever see this show in our town? He said 60-65%. He's a fan of the band, but that's his best objective assessment. The reason being the emphatic "postpone" instead of "cancel" that the promoter gave him. But, he added, he's clearly concerned and said don't look for a show here until late in the year or maybe early in 2013.

He told us that his and other arena manager's biggest concern before booking the show--besides how well they were selling, was watching this tour to see if the band was even going to remain together. His information from the other venues was that everything was positive--sales were good; no personel issues and no reason to not committ. He signed the deal earlier this month, the on sale announcement was public last week Friday and he got word of the postponing yesterday.

Scott's got a good relationship with Azoff because of his position with Tickmaster. He left a message last night but hasn't heard back. There are a lot of pissed off people (on the business side) who want answers sooner rather than later.

I know this is pretty light on solid information, but that's all we got. I thought that small glimmer of hope from our building manager may sustain a few fans through the weekend until more comes out. It's pretty clear that the confusion and silence runs pretty high up the ranks.

Bill
                          This encourages me a little more. Sounds to me like some angry promoters are stirring shit with VH after they pulled out of those last 31 dates.

Comment

• CDABOAT1
                            Groupie
                            • Dec 2011

Why i'm not too upset over no reason for tour postponed

Mods - please feel free to put this in another forum. I couldn't find the forum for speculating on why the tour was postponed.

So.. back when it was rumored that CD would be out in the Fall, and VH would be on the Grammy's show only to not have them make an appearance I was beyond pissed off. I blamed the band and event sent an email to High Profile Media sharing my disappointment, questioning the band's care for their fans, etc.. the whole 9 yards.

Well, months later when I read the Esquire magazine interview it changed my entire perspective given the health issues Eddie was having. Just like an iceberg having 2/3'rds of it's body underwater, what we think we see is only the surface whereas the majority of it is beyond our sight. Lesson learned - we had no clue what happened back then and nobody of sound mind and judgement would have been upset of the fact the reason for the delay of CD, appearances, etc. was due to a serious health issue.

So... I'm not saying it is a health issue this time, but what I am saying is this... let's not get too upset or worked up. In time we'll know what caused this. Let's all recognize there is a huge part of the iceberg that we can't see right now and while this band can at times be frustrating, there are smart people behind the tour and CD. They wouldn't postpone for something non-substantial. There's something legit behind this. Accept "as-is".

I for one am thankful it is being described as "postponed" and not "canceled" .

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Why not just put it in the main thread...
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Feb 2007

Hmmm has Eddie Trunk said anything?

Comment

Working...