Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

As far as Van Halen hating each other....

Eddie - "I'm gonna kick you in the nuts!"

Dave - "Yeah, you skinny little fucker? I'll roundhouse you into next week!"

Accountant - "Guys. Here's your checks from last nights gig"

Dave & Eddie proceed to hug it out.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

The steeplechase event starts the 3rd of August ... The gigs cancelled are a month prior to that
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
        That makes more sense than them Playing the Olympics , am Guessing Olympic squads arnt selected to far in advance of the actual games .... So the short notice makes sense but it's a lots of gigs for one little event ?
        I'm not a track and field fan, as such, so couldn't say with any certainty how and when selections take place, but I think it is close to the event ... and I recall from news (reported just last week or the week before) regarding appeals against doping bans on UK athletes, that Olympic squads were still being selected.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by VHscraps
          I'm not a track and field fan, as such, so couldn't say with any certainty how and when selections take place, but I think it is close to the event ... and I recall from news (reported just last week or the week before) regarding appeals against doping bans on UK athletes, that Olympic squads were still being selected.
          Yeah, the US Track and Field Olympic Trials are in late June - June 22 and 25 for the Steeplechase - so I'd guess Alex's kid will be in the trials, having posted the 6th best time in the US in that event this year.

Who knows, it could all be down to this .... LINK HERE

And ... a further link HERE to TV coverage of VH junior coming third in the 'Olympic Development Event'.

Okay, I need to get to work!
          Last edited by VHscraps; 05-18-2012, 03:17 AM.
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• jpage78
            Groupie
            • Sep 2011

Hearing strong rumors that VH will be in Europe from July to September

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

I've just been through the 7 pages of this thread, and to me the most probable theory that could explain the sudden postponing
              of all summer dates is they'd need a BREAK - though I love the idea of an unlikely European Tour they'd do instead...
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Mrkramer
                Melbourne Rock City..
                Full On Cocktard
                • Feb 2012

Fuck this news!!! Been saving to get to the second leg.... BUT just maybe they are planning a European , Australian tour

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

If any of this Euro/Asia/Olympic speculation turns out to be true, then it's a double-edged sword.

Great news that they're doing so well that the show is going overseas. But it fucking sucks for those here in the states who blocked out time and shelled out hard-earned $$$$$ only to have the rug jerked out from under them seemingly on a whim.

I guess this is why they only put locations, and not specific dates on the back of the tour t-shirts.....
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by jpage78

Source?
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fwacf
                      Roadie
                      • Jul 2004

Just throwing this out there..... My bet is that this has NOTHING to do with the band. More then likely it is a Contract-Lawyers & Percentage problem.
                      When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• fwacf
                        Roadie
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jpage78
                        I call Bullsh*t!
                        Pull my left nut and it plays Eruption!
                        When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Any Olympics rumors are completely silly. The ceremonies have been getting planned for years and in any case will have a British theme, why would they bring out a quintessential American band?

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I was surprised to see the news of the tour dates being postponed scrolling with other headlines on the 'Today' show.

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Stay Frosty everyone. Firstly, I think it's highly unlikely there are health issues regarding Eddie, as they are finishing up the original dates. Unless Eddie is having problems with his hand again and, like a pro athlete, painkillers will get him through in the short term before taking a break for surgery. Secondly, there has been no evidence of Dave not getting along with Eddie and Alex - in fact everything we've seen, heard and read indicates the opposite. I think it's more likely the band has been offered something they can't refuse in Europe and then after the northern summer, they will honour these 'postponed' dates.

The insinuations from Rolling Stone, who have been negative about everything VH this year (probably due to been knocked back for an exclusive interview) are just too predictable.

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                I was surprised to see the news of the tour dates being postponed scrolling with other headlines on the 'Today' show.
                                When Dave is in the band, they are 'newsworthy'.

Comment

Working...