Dave explains Van Halen Tour Dates Postponement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fourthcoming

Please.....Rolling Stone thinks Groups like Arcade Fire and Coldplay are the best things since sliced bread......or jack White is the greatest thing on planet Earth......bunch of yuppy, pretentous spoiled brats........go visit the spoiled, yuppy, "i'm trying to dress and look like I'm a starving artist/barista trying to make it in the big city, but in reality I'm a trust fund baby and mommy and daddy pay my rent" 20 something douchebags who have taken over places like Williamsburgh, Brooklyn....that's your Rolling Stone crowd.

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

the thing is that these guys set the bar so fucking high back in the day, that when the media sees them now they are a bit shell shocked....they are bringing it big time regardless of how old they are

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I too think there's more to it. I think it has to do with whatever it is that makes it so that Dave cannot tolerate AC.

It seems like his vocals definitely showed some improvement when they first turned AC off everywhere, but the issues seem to be cropping up again.

I've stated in another thread what I believe the issue may be, and I do hope I'm wrong. No matter what though, anyone can see there's something going on with Dave. The blowers, the throat clearing and lemons.

Hell, could be as simple as post-nasal drip, which I've also theorized about.
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by SNIPER
          The boots were to hide his skinny calves. He knows we are on to him. It's a matter of time now for a calve PR explanation.
          That's hysterical......Sniper, I didn't know you were a bodybuilder too!!!!

Comment

• private parts
            Sniper
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Angel
            That gets harder to do the older you are. I used to be able to nap anywhere, any time. Not anymore. Mess with my internal clock and I'm wiped out for days.

I'm like Dave, get up at 5 in the morning. That means I'm in bed no later than 11, and if I'm not in my own bed, I don't sleep well.
            Me too. If I'm on the road for work..I sleep like shit. If I'm on the road for vacation...sleep like shit at least for the first couple of days.
            You know Dave's not getting to bed at 11. And if he's up at 5 your talking 4-5 hours sleep.
            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• vanshipman
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

Well here's to hoping everyone gets rested up and back to the issue at hand, rocking.

But those tools at Rolling Stone are obviously BIG Hagar fans, which should tell you what their rock cred really is. It's a magazine that caters to yuppies and snotty nosed idiots who snub their nose at real rock. If you're not trendy then they dismiss you as unimportant. They're the same trolls that panned Led Zeppelin, Cream, etc. their magazine is a joke.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                You guys are a hoot! Even after you get an anwer, you still insist on speculating. Too funny.

No one said they were exhausted. Just remapping in order to go for the long haul. Seems pretty simple to me.
                You do realize this is a $30 - 50 million dollar tour leg involving multiple big businesses and not some planned weekend get-away to the mall..?
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  I can agree it's rough but my experience probably wasn't anywhere near the luxury these guys have... it ain't like they have 5 guys on a bus who if we were lucky got a single motel room to shower and clean up... hunt down laundry mats in the local town and eat at truck stops/fast food joints.

Check the Roger Waters segment on 60 minutes last night... they asked him how hard it was for him to tour at his age in his 60's. He said it's the easiest job on earth... some one wakes you at half past noon, eat catered food, you are driven every where, fly on a chartered jet, watch tv and eat then taken to the venue and everything is set for you... walk on stage, perform, leave, wind down and in bed before midnight in a nice suite in a hotel.
                  You're comparing Roger Waters to Van Halen in term of onstage performance - in terms of actual physical effort? I like Pink Floyd, but please.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

You do realize this is a $30 - 50 million dollar tour leg involving multiple big businesses and not some planned weekend get-away to the mall..?
                    All the more reason they want to do their best...not a half-assed going-through-the-motions show.
                    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                      Just because they're not flying coach doesn't make it THAT much easier, dude. They're still shuttling between time zones, and you NEVER feel like you can relax for even a second. It's rough on a 20 or 30-something, brutal on someone in their 50s...trust me.

I think them taking a break is smart.
                      Anyone who says it is easy hasn't done it. Just one time zone change can do you in for a couple of days.

Flying is no fun.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I know Roger Waters is the creative force behind Pink Floyd...but he plays Bass!!

There isn't all that many vocals in any Pink Floyd song...

I think Roger's actual calories burnt per concert is about equivalent to Ed's effort in Romeo Delight
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

No way Dave is sitting around watching TV during his down time. He's picking wood ticks off his balls...
                          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            Anyone who says it is easy hasn't done it. Just one time zone change can do you in for a couple of days.

Flying is no fun.
                            Oh come on... I did the music end back in my younger days... it was tough but more so due to the lifestyle we chose to live. I have done a ton of business travel since. Sure hopping time zones can throw you off a little but it's manageable.

It's not like these guys are commuting back to Howdy Doody Mountain every other day. Most of their stops have been regionally scheduled with less than a half day's drive time between locations and 2-3 days off between shows.

On second thought... I guess this tour must be really rough on them. Especially when you factor in 4-5 years of jacking off doing nothing between jobs... Bless their hearts...
                            Last edited by ZahZoo; 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM.
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• katina
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              I know Roger Waters is the creative force behind Pink Floyd...but he plays Bass!!

There isn't all that many vocals in any Pink Floyd song...

I think Roger's actual calories burnt per concert is about equivalent to Ed's effort in Romeo Delight
                              Even less calories.....

Comment

• fourthcoming

If they are truly burned out and don't want to go just go through the motions, then I completely respect that. What I don't understand is why then would you committ to all the extra dates in the first place. Those dates were added fairly recently. You mean to tell me between the time the dates were added, untill their recent decision to postpone the tour, they became burned out? I'm sure at this point in there career they call the shots. It's not 1978 and they are young and dumb, being pushed around by a record company or by promotoers. Again, I understand.....their not spring chickens anymore, I get it. If they want to re-vamp the live show....I'm all for it.....I'm all for pretty much anything this band and Uncle Dave decide to do...they have been my favorite band since I was a child.....but let's be real......it's a tad bit un-professional.

Comment

Working...