Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Yeah same here ... I've seen a tee shirt with the Stella bottle with the wording replaced with wife beater
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      The nickname for Stella here is a pint of 'Wife Beater'.
      Yes, after some judge in court said that in response to some dolts he had before him who couldn't hold their drink. First time I heard that was in a pub in Bristol, when I was working there a few years ago. I asked for a pint of Stella - in one of those holier-than-thou 'real ale' pubs, and the barman said loudly 'a pint of wife beater, it is'. Twat.

I remember when it was considered a premium contintental lager.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

[I remember when it was considered a premium contintental lager.[/QUOTE]

yeah .. i always thought of it as that( or used to) , it wasnt so much the fact it was stronger in as much it had a taste rather than the usual foster or carling that if kept poorly are almost undrinkable .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
          Man , as a talented amateur and supporter of this fine beverage a can not tell the taste difference and there was no reduced hangover or furry tongue on Sunday morning ....I believe the uk bean counters are gonna try an tax the higher strength lagers in a bid to stop ... Happiness I guess ,so a couple of the brands are Knocking their drinks down to below 5% .... I will make further investigations into this phenomenon this week as I am off its sunny and the army needs to know these things
          I wouldn't say I could taste the difference, as such - on the taste buds. But I do believe I could feel the difference. I have no scientific basis for saying this, but I think that when any beer / lager drops below 5% abv, you have to drink a lot of it before you start feeling like you are drinking an alcoholic beverage. I don't know if there is something mysterious that happens when it hits that 5% level.

There's nothing worse to me than getting bagged-up on beer and not feeling a nice mellow glow. So, I won't be buying it again.

Apparently it's not the only one affected in the UK market - Becks Bier, as well. My new tipple is Amigos.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
            ....I believe the uk bean counters are gonna try an tax the higher strength lagers in a bid to stop ... Happiness I guess ,so a couple of the brands are Knocking their drinks down to below 5% .... I will make further investigations into this phenomenon this week as I am off its sunny and the army needs to know these things

Figured it was gonna be something along these lines. Damn government taxing & regulating everything they possible can & driving people out of business and jobs all while they try to wring every last penny & scrap of freedom from us.

Fucking tired of it. Seriously.

At what point did we start electing officials to control us rather than simply represent us?

There IS a solution to all this. But sadly I'm afraid if I whisper any hint of it I'll have the men in black knocking at my door in short time.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I thought this was the main DLR and =VH= forum...

Sent from my iPhone, bitches!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                And this is why I still look at the two of them as the enemy. Well, maybe not the enemy but at least two dudes to be suspicious of. ...

Well, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!"

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  The nickname for Stella here is a pint of 'Wife Beater'.
                  I've recently discovered the Polish beer Tyskie, along the lines of Stella as a light, crisp lager, but more flavorful...

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Well, "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!"
                    Last edited by chefcraig; 05-28-2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: image issue

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                      They are on my radar. Every couple of nights.....touring on the release of a new album with David Lee Roth.
                      Well then you must be the type of sick fuck who enjoys having his leg pissed on and told it's raining... Just cause the weatherman's name is Dave don't make it real rain...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Wolfgang Van Halen is a better bassist than Michael anthony and The reunion with Roth as well as ADKOT would not have seen the light of day without him. For that I am eternally grateful.
                        As bad as the Cherone era was, I still can't hate on Gary. His heart was in the right place even if his finger wasn't.
                        Is he really better or just allowed to paint on a much bigger canvas..?

To me it's like taking your local dirt track racing driver and throwing him in a modern Sprint Cup car at Daytona and claiming he's all of a sudden a better driver...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          To me it's like taking your local dirt track racing driver and throwing him in a modern Sprint Cup car at Daytona and claiming he's all of a sudden a better driver...
                          I know this will probably get me tarred and feathered here in the "Not-So-Deep" South, but I'm beginning to believe that the guy sweeping up the metal shavings in the garage would be a better or at least equal driver as the allegedly anointed savior Dale Earnhardt Jr. It really does seem to be all about the car. Shit, look at Kasey Kahne last night.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            I know this will probably get me tarred and feathered here in the "Not-So-Deep" South, but I'm beginning to believe that the guy sweeping up the metal shavings in the garage would be a better or at least equal driver as the allegedly anointed savior Dale Earnhardt Jr. It really does seem to be all about the car. Shit, look at Kasey Kahne last night.
                            Them's fightin' words down here buddy!!!
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

This thread is out of control

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Check out Mikey from this article...and I am sorry if it has already been posted. Here is his quote regarding why Dave took a couple days to come out with the video:

Anthony also offered a possible explanation for why three days lapsed between the announced schedule changes and Roth’s public statement about them: “Maybe that’s the three days you take to come up with your story?” Really Mikey? what are you, a correspondent for TMZ?
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...