Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I'm starting to feel as if these never ending questions put to former band members are the journalistic equivalent of asking retired baseball players their opinion of their old team's current status during a rain delay. Throw the microphone in their face, let them drone on for as long as they want until the clouds clear up and we can get back to broadcasting the play by play. Content? Who gives a shit about content, we have airtime to fill! Come to think of it, this concept works in other ways, as well.

Buck Laughlin: And to think that in some countries these dogs are eaten. Now tell me, which one of these dogs would you want to have as your wide receiver on your football team? Excuse me if this off the subject a little bit, but just take a guess at how much I can bench press. Come on, what do you think? Take a guess. 315 pounds, at the top of my game, maxing out at 500! Doctor, question that's always bothered me and a lot of people: Mayflower, combined with Philadelphia - a no-brainer, right? Cause this is where the Mayflower landed. Not so. It turns out Columbus actually set foot somewhere down in the West Indies. Little known fact. I went to one of those obedience places once... it was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      You're basing this off of interviews from the 80's & 90's?

Well if that's the case you may as well throw the whole band except Wolfgang out the window. Ed & Al weren't any too kind about Dave in many more past interviews...
      Yes. When you hear Michael Anthony talk shit in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012 it helps the reader to see this is nothing new. he has been spewing this shit since as far back as 1986. Guy has never said anything nice about Dave. And some people had the gall to say Dave should have demanded MA come back to make it a true reunion in 2007.

Why don't the MA fans here make this thread....

"Michael Anthony gives props to Diamond Dave"

shortest RA thread ever.

Ever hear Dave talk about Mike? Always good things to say. If you read his book you would see he never spoke ill of MA.

Fuck Michael Anthony. Fuck Chickenfoot. I wouldn't give 2 shits about him if he stopped slamming on Roth. Slam on EVH? Sure, after what EVH has said and done to MA I would understand & even respect that. But what the fuck did Dave ever do to MA other than make sure his bank account was filled to the brim?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
        Ever hear Dave talk about Mike? Always good things to say. If you read his book you would see he never spoke ill of MA.
        He never spoke anything of him.

I don't think he mentioned his name once.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          He never spoke anything of him.

I don't think he mentioned his name once.

Man, you missed a lot then. In his book he talked a lot of how Mike was a workhorse & how he and Mike would load up all the gear into the truck or car and haul it around. Called Mike extremely dependable, reliable, good guy, etc... He has echoed these comments many times since as well.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I'm done with this thread. I've had enough Michael Anthony for a while now, thank you.

DAVE RULES! MIKE DROOLS!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Man, you missed a lot then. In his book he talked a lot of how Mike was a workhorse & how he and Mike would load up all the gear into the truck or car and haul it around. Called Mike extremely dependable, reliable, good guy, etc... He has echoed these comments many times since as well.
              I can't say I ever recall hearing Dave bash MA, in interviews or his book.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                I can't say I ever recall hearing Dave bash MA, in interviews or his book.

Exactly.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Mike isn't the only one who finds the "we're tired and need to re-charge" excuse lacking... He is a career musician and certainly understands the business end of it.

There's been an indication among industry people that Azoff and his empire assessed the VH 2nd leg which will be competing directly for entertainment dollars in a rotten economy among a busy summer schedule with a lot of double billed big rock acts. With VH returning to several large markets for a second round... it's easy to see that the sales outlook carries a high risk of being low. Why not rather postpone the summer, maybe go off-shore a bit and then return state-side once the other summer tours have sizzled...

To me that makes a heck of a lot more sense than... we're tired...
                  Absolutely agree with this. The "We're tired" comment is just a smokescreen for something else. I totally sense something else is behind the postponements. Dave's video, while a decent thing to pass along, came two days after that fact too. Not exactly on top of things imo. Really, all they had to do was make mention on their official site and there wouldn't have been any fallout whatsoever.

Yes. When you hear Michael Anthony talk shit in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012 it helps the reader to see this is nothing new. he has been spewing this shit since as far back as 1986. Guy has never said anything nice about Dave. And some people had the gall to say Dave should have demanded MA come back to make it a true reunion in 2007.

Why don't the MA fans here make this thread....

"Michael Anthony gives props to Diamond Dave"

shortest RA thread ever.

Fuck Michael Anthony. Fuck Chickenfoot. I wouldn't give 2 shits about him if he stopped slamming on Roth. Slam on EVH? Sure, after what EVH has said and done to MA I would understand & even respect that. But what the fuck did Dave ever do to MA other than make sure his bank account was filled to the brim?
                  Dude that's bullshit. In his book (which I own) he labeled Mike as the "bassplayer" when describing how the VH Bros went behind his back and renegotiated their contract when it was Van Hagar, thus giving each member more money in royalties than Dave, unbeknownst to him until much later. He even sued them over it and settled out of court. From that point on, everyone started calling Mike the "bassplayer" which is kind of asinine imo.

All of these guy's have taken shots at each other through the years, not just Mike. Dave once said that is "part and parcel for the rock and roll world." Why get bent out of shape over trivial shit like that? Dave also said on his shortlived radio program that all four of them should do a proper final reunion together so they can all have closure. It will probably never happen, but the sentiment was there at least. I don't think there's as much animosity as you seem to think.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                    Absolutely agree with this. The "We're tired" comment is just a smokescreen for something else. I totally sense something else is behind the postponements. .

Yeah, me too. But it wouldn't be very cool to come out & say Eddies cancer has come back and he needs to get that treated before we can continue on this tour. We don't need all the media hopping on the Eddie is dying wagon and the endless articles about it. Take a break, get whatever done you need done, stay healthy and come back in a couple months to keep kicking our asses live.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Yeah, me too. But it wouldn't be very cool to come out & say Eddies cancer has come back and he needs to get that treated before we can continue on this tour. We don't need all the media hopping on the Eddie is dying wagon and the endless articles about it. Take a break, get whatever done you need done, stay healthy and come back in a couple months to keep kicking our asses live.
                      I don't believe the smokescreen either. I do think it's something health related; however, I don't think it's Ed...
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• NIN1211
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

I stop talking about Michael Anthony all the time. the problem is he keeps popping back up with little crappy back-handed statements or snide remarks. As soon as he shuts up and quits knocking Dave I'll stop taking him to task on it.

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                          I don't believe the smokescreen either. I do think it's something health related; however, I don't think it's Ed...
                          You can see it in the new video. I'm sure you caught it too.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Recent MA interview

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            You can see it in the new video. I'm sure you caught it too.
                            FUCK! I was really hoping it was my vivid imagination seeing things that aren't really there. Yeah, noticed it...

I'm not wrong very often...but damn this is one time I'm praying that I am...
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• NIN1211
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                              FUCK! I was really hoping it was my vivid imagination seeing things that aren't really there. Yeah, noticed it...

I'm not wrong very often...but damn this is one time I'm praying that I am...
                              Caught what?

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• mohican
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jul 2011

Is Russell ill?

Comment

Working...