• Show
Clear All
  • envy_me
    Swedish Love Pump
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Coyote
    One gets used to it pretty fast.
    I don't want to get used to it. Is that what we're aiming for? I'll see how long I'll last here.
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

The attitude here is good...

Just a lot of idiots saying a lot of bullshit for fun...

But it's all good people...

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by envy_me
        I don't want to get used to it. Is that what we're aiming for? I'll see how long I'll last here.
        Honestly, Elvis is right. You have to take it with a grain of salt. Sometimes a person is just not in the mood to have their buttons pushed so it can piss you off but 99% of the people here are cool people.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Happy Roth of July people.....it's quittin' time here at work. Hope everyone still has 10 fingers and 10 toes on July 5th.

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            Happy Roth of July people.....it's quittin' time here at work. Hope everyone still has 10 fingers and 10 toes on July 5th.
            Lol It's just after midnight where I'm at, so happy 4. july

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Too bad we're headed back to tyranny...

What's to celebrate, our new health tax ??

Comment

• FALCO
                Groupie
                • Jun 2004

Damn... a partial Yngwie thread!!!

We were his support act for about 5 weeks in '95... talk about a guy who does EXACTLY what he wants because he is YNGWIE!!!

Treated us great, and I got to go up every night and duet on "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" during his show...

But about died when he made a "runner" go for Taco Bell right before a show... 45 min away... even though there was a spread for a king backstage... we enjoyed at least!!!

Always got a kick everytime he would come in the dressing room and want to jam with my guitarists... he would be like "hey, ever try this?" ... and then play some ungodly scale at lightning speed... we would all just sit and laugh... lol...

Say what you will, but watching him up close, quite the talented player... and does have some great "songs"...

But would still take CVH any day if given the choice!!!

\m/ \m/
                NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
                'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
                "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by FALCO
                  Damn... a partial Yngwie thread!!!

We were his support act for about 5 weeks in '95... talk about a guy who does EXACTLY what he wants because he is YNGWIE!!!

Treated us great, and I got to go up every night and duet on "You Don't Remember, I'll Never Forget" during his show...

But about died when he made a "runner" go for Taco Bell right before a show... 45 min away... even though there was a spread for a king backstage... we enjoyed at least!!!

Always got a kick everytime he would come in the dressing room and want to jam with my guitarists... he would be like "hey, ever try this?" ... and then play some ungodly scale at lightning speed... we would all just sit and laugh... lol...

Say what you will, but watching him up close, quite the talented player... and does have some great "songs"...

But would still take CVH any day if given the choice!!!

\m/ \m/
                  I think that Yngwie is really, really great live.

And also I have met him a couple of times, and he has always been to incredebly sweet towards me. I don't know why people say that he's a jerk, I guess they are just jealous or something. He is really kind. EXTREMELY sweet. When I saw him last time, and after the show he came out to hang out with the fans, something happend, I don't wanna say what (it was absolutelly nothing sexual, I'm not like that, and even if I was his wife was around, so get your mind out of the gutter) and he turned out to be so good and kind. Just trust me on that.
                  Last edited by envy_me; 07-06-2012, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• FALCO
                    Groupie
                    • Jun 2004

I think that Yngwie is really, really great live.

And also I have met him a couple of times, and he has always been to incredebly sweet towards me. I don't know why people say that he's a jerk, I guess they are just jealous or something. He is really kind. EXTREMELY sweet. When I saw him last time, and after the show he came out to hang out with the fans, something happend, I don't wanna say what (it was absolutelly nothing sexual, I'm not like that, and even if I was his wife was around, so get your mind out of the gutter) and he turned out to be so good and kind. Just trust me on that.
                    Yes, he can be a great guy... we saw both sides... he can be an ungodly terror, but he respected our band quite a bit and really liked us... so much that after our "one off" gig with him, he took us on the last leg of his US Tour... and treated us great!

\m/ \m/

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Yes, he can be a great guy... we saw both sides... he can be an ungodly terror, but he respected our band quite a bit and really liked us... so much that after our "one off" gig with him, he took us on the last leg of his US Tour... and treated us great!

\m/ \m/
                      What negative did you experience with him?

Comment

• FALCO
                        Groupie
                        • Jun 2004

What negative did you experience with him?
                        Luckily not us... he was great with us...

But bad soundmen, roadies, club owners, band members, etc... he would not hesitate to Unleash The Fookin' Fury!!!

We had a blast with him!!!

\m/ \m/

Comment

• FALCO
                          Groupie
                          • Jun 2004

To comment on the original topic thought... I also think Dave has lost a bit of the "Cool Factor" ... not sure why... of course, still am happy that we have VH and DLR in 2012... but I also feel he has transformed into something less than the Rock God he is...

This vid from last tour shows that "Attitude... and strong voice"

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

To comment on the original topic thought... I also think Dave has lost a bit of the "Cool Factor" ... not sure why... of course, still am happy that we have VH and DLR in 2012... but I also feel he has transformed into something less than the Rock God he is...

This vid from last tour shows that "Attitude... and strong voice"

http://youtu.be/VNL8GPZwKZE
                            You see... I am very good at picking up on things :-) I told you there's something missing.

Comment

• golitely
                              Roadie
                              • Nov 2011

Observing over the years, it looks like fans break down into 3 groups: those 45+, the original fans (you lucky bastards!), who got to experience VH in all their glory while in their teens and 20s and are probably CVH fans first and DLR fans second ; then you have those about 37-45 (my group) who came in around DD and saw the tail end of VH, the break-up and followed Dave's solo career, who are probably DLR fans first and CVH fans second.
                              Then there are the rest who came on board say post 1996. I'm curious a bit about what drew this group (apart from the music, which is obvious). What are your expectations when seeing or listening to VH now? Are you focused on CVH? Are you even familiar with solo Dave, apart from maybe EEAS which most naturally flows from 1984? How does the whole Sammy, etc. history impact you emotionally? Does you even understand the context of a lot of the anger here towards him/them?
                              From the comments above, it just looks like those of us who have been around for awhile and saw DLR at the height of his powers are probably more forgiving of his/their present weaknesses. We don't expect SuperDave and I think that if most of us are honest (like Angel somewhere above), we don't even really want that because we too are older and have sort of been there, done that.
                              Just curious about the different viewpoints.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I am here cause I like the band, but I am not sure the attitude here is really for me.
                                The attitude here is what makes this the Roth Army. We had these attitudes from day 1, because we are DLR and DLR era VH fans. We don't censor ourselves, and we don't censor each other. We do fuck with each other though! Van Halen and DLR were never cookie cutter, neither are we here. You might not be sure the attitude here is for you, but I bet if you visit some of the other band fan sites, and deal with their mundane boring censored banter, you will find you appreciate the attitude here much more than you think you do.

Comment

Working...