Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Just read an interview Robin Zander. Get a load of what the guy said to him...

CJ: Sure it is. I started this piece off by noting that I have been following you since I was a teenager and that in that 30 some years, I have never EVER seen a photo of you where you dont look absolutely fucking 100 percent rockstar cool. You just turned 61 what, last week? You looked more like your kid's brother last night than his Dad. How do you do it and can you share whatever your secret is with David Lee Roth, please?

RZ: (laughs) That's evil! (laughs) I don't know what to say about that. I'm part American Indian you know... that probably has a lot to do with it.

Crazy and yet... can somebody get Dave Robin's phone number?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Angel
      I've been saying Parkinson's for the last two years. The pill rolling does it for me. That was one of my husband's first symptoms.
      I remember when Lou pin pointed a clip of that symptom shortly after you mentioning it. Probably on the early pages of this thread. This is the one of the most important fan opinion threads at this site. I'm glad it keeps popping up from time to time.

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
        Groupie
        • May 2013

Originally posted by envy_me
        And even if some the old men are thin and fit, and haven't decayed totally, many of them still adapt the old-men-behavior. That is why I am so bothered by Daves old guy hat and pants. If anybody he could pull of looking young if he just got rid of old men behavior and accessories.
        Some of the videos of David just out running his dogs - with a ball cap, sunglasses, shortish hair and the sexy goatee - he looks damn fine in those.
        I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• Edwards3rdWife
          Groupie
          • May 2013

That 1981 video is amazing. And yes, David and Edward = Commando. Always.
          I'm not conceited. Conceit is a fault, and I have no faults - DLR

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Pill rolling doesn't always point to something like Parkinsons or a Parkonsonian-like tremor like Ozzy has. Doing some research, it's also a side effect to certain kinds of drugs. I'm not saying that Dave is a full blown junkie or anything, but it could be very possible that he is a drug-dependent.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Never was
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2012

I believe Angel is correct or in the neighborhood. That and similar conditions when they are not controlled also impact the ability regulate temperature and dry mouth. Best shows, open shirt no scarf, no lemons, worse shows several layers, no sweat, and a lemon every song. Explains a lot, blower rant wasn't schtick

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

I honestly hope he's not dying

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Mmmmmm I don't like this line of conversation to be honest .
                  My bro who is a medical professional and has experience in this particular field watched the acoustic video that came out with the adkot cd and he made some pretty unpleasant comments about Dave's movements on the video .
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

I am honestly really worried for him right now. We haven't heard from him since New Years.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                      Pill rolling doesn't always point to something like Parkinsons or a Parkonsonian-like tremor like Ozzy has. Doing some research, it's also a side effect to certain kinds of drugs. I'm not saying that Dave is a full blown junkie or anything, but it could be very possible that he is a drug-dependent.
                      Pill rolling was what first grabbed my attention, but it's not the only symptom he displays...
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Never was
                        I believe Angel is correct or in the neighborhood. That and similar conditions when they are not controlled also impact the ability regulate temperature and dry mouth. Best shows, open shirt no scarf, no lemons, worse shows several layers, no sweat, and a lemon every song. Explains a lot, blower rant wasn't schtick
                        And those were some of the others...
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          My bro who is a medical professional and has experience in this particular field watched the acoustic video that came out with the adkot cd and he made some pretty unpleasant comments about Dave's movements on the video .
                          I don't have a problem with D-Ro aging - in fact I think he carries himself better than most rockers his age - but it would be a cruel twist of fate to see someone so outgoing (not always publicaly, but we know he keeps busy doing whatever interests him in the moment) brought down by Parkinson's. I hope it's just Dave being Dave, but you would think his mannerisms would be slowing down as he ages, not speeding up.

Damn this is a depressing topic. It's Friday night, let's watch Largo and have some buds!
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            Let me guess...the word "dyskinesia" (sp?) came up?

I'm not a professional by any means, but I did a hell of a lot of research through the years after my ex was diagnosed. He has Parkinson's Plus and he didn't just gradually get symptoms. His hit "overnight" after an extremely stressful period. Couldn't talk, breathe, walk, etc. Lost 45 lbs in 6 weeks.

Once you've gone through that hell, you can spot a symptom 5 miles away.

Fuck, should've multi-quoted. Fraroc, Parkinson's does not kill you. Complications from...down the road....

And we're all dieing...
                            Last edited by Angel; 01-31-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• fraroc
                              Commando
                              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
                              I don't have a problem with D-Ro aging - in fact I think he carries himself better than most rockers his age - but it would be a cruel twist of fate to see someone so outgoing (not always publicaly, but we know he keeps busy doing whatever interests him in the moment) brought down by Parkinson's. I hope it's just Dave being Dave, but you would think his mannerisms would be slowing down as he ages, not speeding up.

Damn this is a depressing topic. It's Friday night, let's watch Largo and have some buds!
                              People with Parkinsons if their symptoms are managed can live full lives. It's not considered to be a death sentence anymore. However, if that is the case that D-Ro has the beginnings of Parkinsons...Is Dave being conscientious or oblivious to his condition?....being oblivious could cost him his life

I also have been hearing on other VH message boards the possibility of late-onset Tourretes syndrome.
                              Last edited by fraroc; 01-31-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Man it's depressing , I suggest we all go see if we can put a dent in our own stockpile of whatever ever floats our boat .
                                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Working...