• golitely
      Roadie
      • Nov 2011

And the Cradle Will Rock...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

And the Obese, Autistic, ADHD Cradle Will Rock...

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FALCO
          To comment on the original topic thought... I also think Dave has lost a bit of the "Cool Factor" ... not sure why... of course, still am happy that we have VH and DLR in 2012... but I also feel he has transformed into something less than the Rock God he is...

This vid from last tour shows that "Attitude... and strong voice"

http://youtu.be/VNL8GPZwKZE
          It's those damn dogs... previously Diamond Dave's non-musical adventures were something exotic, dangerous and off-beat which played to the mystique of the Rock God or Toastmaster General™... Jungle safaris, mountain climbing, flying helicopters, etc... All cool...

Now... Carhartt overalls... drivin an old Chevy pickemup truck, dogs in the back and lookin for sheep to chase... Hell, he blends in more with my hillbilly neighbors in Arkansas minus the fine pressed camo suit for Sunday church socials. This ain't southern California beach bum Dave... he's now aligned his public persona with Larry the Fuckin Cable Guy!!! Only in America... Git er done...

What cements this deeper is Dave's Ice Cream Man story hour on tour... Home videos with the kids. You know the type... empty-nesters or middle aged people with no kids and they treat their dogs better than most humans. They break out the pictures and home movies... gushing about Foofy ad nausium and how precious he/she/it is... gag...

It ranks right up there in the uncool factor like Von Halen driving around the slums of Detroit in his homo beach buggy!!!
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

If a crackhead crashes a homo beach buggy in Detroit does it make a sound ??

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
              If a crackhead crashes a homo beach buggy in Detroit does it make a sound ??

the crackhead, the buggy or the city?
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Better yet, what is a homo beach buggy and why drive one in Detroit while smoking crack? You could simply take in a Tigers' game and get pretty much the same result.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                  Omg, where do you guys find all these phrases?
                  I may not be fluent in Swedish, but I know what to say for my amusement.
                  Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Coyote
                    I may not be fluent in Swedish, but I know what to say for my amusement.
                    Did you understand "nej tack" thats a frase you should learn
                    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      I could not agree more. I give props to Steve Vai, but I saw him about ten years ago, and was totally ready to walk out by the fifth song. He had two other guys on stage with him playing exactly as he did at times. Can you say overkill? You're right. Rock and Roll is best served with a lead singer fronting a great band. Instrumentals here and there are ok, but the perpetual soloing puts my head on the pillow.
                      I LOVED Steve Vai he was great!!
                      Last edited by envy_me; 07-06-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by golitely
                        I was thinking about my 11-year old who has become a fan of the 1984-era VH/EEAS/Picasso Bros. stuff. After listening to her repeated questions and comments: Why does he keep his hair short? Why doesn't he do splits anymore, etc. etc., it occurred to me that her VH experience is VH c. 1984. In her mind, DLR is 30 years old, dressed in spandex and shoving his crotch in the camera. In part it is becuz she is a kid and lacks perspective, but it's also what she can relate to (the cartoonishness of 1984/86), and that era is what is the VH "present" for her.
                        So I'm wondering what is the VH experience for those who did not witness the evolution of the band/DLR solo? I imagine some came in thru older relatives or friends, others becuz they are guitar players and naturally drifted towards studying EVH, and others maybe thru classic rock radio or Jump (which is still played often as background music on soccer wrap-up shows here in Italy). And how you come at it colors your perspective and expectations.
                        Just throwing out ideas.
                        You're from Italy??? I LOVE Italy!! The language, the food, the sea, the people, the music, movies, everything!!! One of my favorite artist of all time is Fabrizio de Andre. I have gone to classes trying to learn Italian, but I won't be able to continue now cause of the work.
                        But I'm gonna work on it at alone

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Too bad we're headed back to tyranny...

What's to celebrate, our new health tax ??

It's not a tax, it's a penalty only deadbeats like you will end up paying...
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by envy_me
                            I LOVED Steve Vai he was great!!
                            Don't get me wrong, he IS great, but the over indulgence aspect ruins it. Solo solo solo solo solo solo solo solo..... we get it! You can play! Sheesh!

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                              It's not a tax, it's a penalty only deadbeats like you will end up paying...
                              Lol, and also there are more expencive things you can do with the money, like starting a war or two...
                              Last edited by envy_me; 07-06-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Don't get me wrong, he IS great, but the over indulgence aspect ruins it. Solo solo solo solo solo solo solo solo..... we get it! You can play! Sheesh!

He IS great...but IMO most of the time he's playihng over the average (non-guitarist) listener's head...even more so than Yngwie. EVH shreds and writes killer, hook-laden riffs. Most other shred guys never get the 2nd part down...

Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...