Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I think Ed is done with it to be honest. Vallerie Bertinelli said the only reason the last tour happened was Ed wanted to play on stage with Wolfie and that was the only reason. She said other than doing that he had no motivation to go on the road and was pretty much done with it. I don't think Ed Van Halen makes big long-term plans and kind of is in his own world. He leaves everyone hanging. I have the gut feeling Ed isn't going to go out on the road anymore. I think Val was right. He did his thing with Wolf and Wolf seems to be doing his thing with younger bands.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

I dunno, I'm gonna say my glass is half full after reading that....

But I have to say, I find it refreshing that Dave talked so much about Mike....

THAT'S the true reunion people want to see....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

STELLAR Stuff my friend!

I...for one...think its a KICK ASS interview....people have bagged on DAVE ever since getting back with the VAN HALEN's for not speaking his mind....

YOU GOT IT YOU MUTHAS!!!

DAVE wants Mike back! FUCK YEAH.....I found a bunch of things that make me think of this "reunion" in a more positive light.....

DAVE wants EVH to be EDDIE FUCKING VAN HALEN again, & get out there and KICK ASS!!!

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
          Damn, that is both interesting and depressing as hell...
          Couldn't have said it better...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

"It's a good thing Ed is rich because he would be in real trouble if he wasn't." --Sammy Hagar--
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• big fatty
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

Fuck.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Know David Lee Roth - Know Rat Salad

no David Lee Roth - No Rat Salad
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Interesting that Al's totally on board with the Coachella/Lalapalooza angle...
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                    STELLAR Stuff my friend!

I...for one...think its a KICK ASS interview....people have bagged on DAVE ever since getting back with the VAN HALEN's for not speaking his mind....

YOU GOT IT YOU MUTHAS!!!

DAVE wants Mike back! FUCK YEAH.....I found a bunch of things that make me think of this "reunion" in a more positive light.....

DAVE wants EVH to be EDDIE FUCKING VAN HALEN again, & get out there and KICK ASS!!!
                    The problem with this is that what Dave wants is completely unrealistic given the current state of the band. I also didn't see any mention in the interview of Eddie's recent health scare, so in some ways this could turn into another rehash of the "Tonight's about me, not your fucking hip" fiasco. Hopefully not. But I hear what you are saying.

For the record, EVH was EDDIE FUCKING VAN HALEN on the last tour.
                    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I really wouldn't get overly excited one way or the other....

All we're doing is reading Dave's words, we can't see his mannerisms nor his inflections in his voice....

Meaning, we really don't know if he was speaking in a "doom and gloom" manner, as if he doubted they would EVER do anything....

So I'm just gonna take the article at face value, and nothing more....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                        Interesting that Al's totally on board with the Coachella/Lalapalooza angle...
                        Absolutely...

Show those pinheads what a REAL rock show is....

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Edward Van Halen has deep psychological problems.

That much is apparent.

Big Brother probably doesn't push him more because he doesn't want to make things worse for his flesh and blood. Shit, they don't need the money...especially not after the reunion tours.

Watching how Dave, Michael and even Sammy act concerning Ed reminds me of how some of my friends and I acted with a friend of mine 'bout ten years ago who had mental problems. We switched back and forth between optimism, nostalgia, impatience (and patience) and downright rage.
                          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            Absolutely...

Show those pinheads what a REAL rock show is....
                            My thoughts exacty... most of my 20-something friends have NO idea what a real one is.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                              This was at least encouraging....
                              I think there's a bit of a sentence or more missing there ... THAT could put a totally different slant on the pessimism.

What the heck did he share with Al Van Halen!! (Apart from Al's first wife ...)
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

I really don't forsee anything happening to VH until after the Japan/Australia tour in the summer. Eddie Van Halen said HIMSELF that he'll be making music until the day he dies.

If and GOD FUCKING FORBID This is a buildup for a 2014 Van Hagar reunion, then I'm sorry but Eddie's a fucking idiot for making that decision. Why would Ed want to put himself in the same position he was back in 2004? Sammy fucking abused Eddie that entire tour with his lack of personal support for his drinking problem and using a name of a song that Sam and Eddie wrote TOGETHER (Cabo Wabo) and used make money selling fucking tequila.

I'm sorry, but if VH dosen't still have Dave in the band by 2014, they should just quit while they're on top.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...