Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Well it's hard to find big crowds of people to play in front of these days. More acts will come if they get a call.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

OK Eddie, you better not back out on the......

This song always pops up whenever I get a bonus.

Comment

• Droomer5150
        Roadie
        • Jan 2012

NO! F*CK NO! If this is true and they do end up playing...looks like I got screwed over again! I live in Perth and don't have the money to fly over. FFS. why. WHY!!!??

Soundwave Rev part 2
        SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN

I'm getting flashbacks..
          no shit! i'm stayin' stateside this time
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
            ..and remember the last time they were set for Australia it all fell apart just weeks before the show I think the whole weekend concert was cancelled.
            we saw this show instead....
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Fuck make this true ....
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

i got a copy on my photobucket. Now it will have a friend with this new one.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  we saw this show instead....
                  It is a good story for the book of making and good from a bad,around the old timers table when the topic is; well sonny let's gramps tell you about the time....
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

So, this Stone Festival - in celebration of a 1974 biker movie - names VH, Billy Joel and the Kings of Chaos (amongst others). As a premise for a festival, it seems ... novel! I have to keep checking it is not April 1st.

I just can't help being sceptical - even though VHND says it had the story confirmed by someone connected to the band.

In these days of instant info, maybe I am being impatient - but it is odd that not one of the acts, or their members - websites, twitter, facebook - makes any mention of this gig, which would seem to be a big deal - held in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Stadium - and there are some twitter posts in the last few hours from members of Kings of Chaos, but no one saying "hey dudes, we're playing an 83,000 stadium with the mighty VH".

Is this a promoter jumping the gun ... or ... something ... else ...
                    Last edited by VHscraps; 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, now that I see the poster and see that it's a two day festival, it makes a little more sense. My first impulse was "what the fuck are Van Halen and Billy Joel doing on the same bill"??

Not that I don't like some of Billy's older stuff, but it definitely would be two different audiences there.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                        So, this Stone Festival - in celebration of a 1974 biker movie - names VH, Billy Joel and the Kings of Chaos (amongst others). As a premise for a festival, it seems ... novel! I have to keep checking it is not April 1st.

I just can't help being sceptical - even though VHND says it had the story confirmed by someone connected to the band.

In these days of instant info, maybe I am being impatient - but it is odd that not one of the acts, or their members - websites, twitter, facebook - makes any mention of this gig, which would seem to be a big deal - held in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Stadium - and there are some twitter posts in the last few hours from members of Kings of Chaos, but no one saying "hey dudes, we're playing an 83,000 stadium with the mighty VH".

Is this a promoter jumping the gun ... or ... something ... else ...
                        The Van Halen a Different Kind of Timeline FB page has posted it...
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Angel
                          The Van Halen a Different Kind of Timeline FB page has posted it...
                          Would that be an alternate reality timeline!
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
                            OK, now that I see the poster and see that it's a two day festival, it makes a little more sense. My first impulse was "what the fuck are Van Halen and Billy Joel doing on the same bill"??

Not that I don't like some of Billy's older stuff, but it definitely would be two different audiences there.
                            This is an 83,000 seat stadium - probably holds more if need be when used for concerts. Are they really gonna sell out TWO days of this, with only two big name acts ...

Hopefully I am wrong, but I'm just not buying it at the moment.
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD

Maybe my mind is befuddled, but I seem to remember reading an interview with Billy Joel back in the 80s, and I am pretty certain that he said Eddie Van Halen had met with him about the possibility of co-producing what became the album 5150 ...
                              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

this is two full months ahead of the Japan dates. I would actually feel better if it was closer to those dates; better chance of filling in a few more Aussie shows, maybe NZ and make it one trip.

This seems much more likely to be two separate deals.

I'd like to see enough activity where it becomes a real tour again and we start to see summer dates in the states. maybe...
                                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...