Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I feel better about this gig now..looks like it may happen..Ed wouldnt lie, would he???

I hope they are working on more of the ADKOT material..

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      They really don't have to ship that much equipment around... Al's drum kit is probably 2 flight case containers. Ed has 1 rack of amps/effects & 1 guitar case with 5-6 axes. Wolfgang about the same... 1 rack of amps/effects and another with basses.

All the stage prop amps & speakers can be sourced locally.

Oh and Dave will need a carry-on bag with a pair of shiny pants and a hat or two...
      Besides the aforementioned dance floor, pretty sure Ed's rig is a couple of racks at least, and the pedal board would have its own flight case, ditto for Wolf...plus you have to figure even the techs will have to have at least one... still quite a bit of stuff to haul even if they source the backline locally...
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
        Besides the aforementioned dance floor, pretty sure Ed's rig is a couple of racks at least, and the pedal board would have its own flight case, ditto for Wolf...plus you have to figure even the techs will have to have at least one... still quite a bit of stuff to haul even if they source the backline locally...
        This is just my knucklehead thinking, but I think a small portion of EVH's brain is still pissed off when their gear was lost/stolen in '79 going to Japan.....

I mean, even after 35 years, they really haven't gone overseas very much at all....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
          ..Ed wouldnt lie, would he???..
          Thanks for the laugh, dude. I needed that!
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Heater
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2010

If this show comes to fruition it's pretty much a given both I'll Wait and Jump(obviously) will be played. It might be cool to have Billy Joel come on and play live keyboards for them. Joe Perry came out and played a song with KISS when they co-headlined, Strutter, I think. That kind of thing usially goes over pretty well.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              This is just my knucklehead thinking, but I think a small portion of EVH's brain is still pissed off when their gear was lost/stolen in '79 going to Japan.....

I mean, even after 35 years, they really haven't gone overseas very much at all....
              Hmm... could be true, but it's way easier to track things electronically shipping-wise these days..
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                Ok looks like about 5 cases for Ed... little more than I could fit in my Chevy.

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

I live with a Queensland Blue, need I say more ..? twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) February 19, 2013

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Fucked if I know what the tweet means ... Thought it meant one of his dogs but when I google it it was a pumpkin ..... Unless am really pished :-)
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

I'll tell ya that I hope Halen does more gigs abroad than just Down Under and Japan: some of the A#1 people on this site live outside the US, and it's high time they get a chance to see the band that doesn't involve flying through every single time zone to do it.

I take it for granted that I'll be able to see the band whenever they do tour, because they always tend to tour the US and nowhere else...so I hope you guys catching them outside the US on their upcoming jaunt have a great time and get to witness some killer shows!
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        Fucked if I know what the tweet means ... Thought it meant one of his dogs but when I google it it was a pumpkin ..... Unless am really pished :-)
                        Pretty sure it's referring to his dog....

The Australian Cattle Dog is also known as a Queensland Heeler, and can be blue in color....

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Pretty sure it's referring to his dog....

The Australian Cattle Dog is also known as a Queensland Heeler, and can be blue in color....
                          Reckon he is referring to a Blue Heeler from Queensland

Cheers everyone !
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Stone The Crows,Hi Mark.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

They Should Get A Waka To NZ.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

You guys deserve this show. I really hope Daves voice is feeling better than a lot of nights last year. I want you guys to get 2007 Dave and 2012 Eddie. Just save your heavy Aussie drinking for after the show so you mooks remember the damn thing.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...