X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by FORD
    Yeah, I thought it was odd that the article implied that Richie was "the" surviving Ramone, when he was essentially just a guy who filled in for a few years while Marky got his shit together. And "Too Tough to Die" was probably the only great album they made while Richie was in the band.
    Yer, they gave him a lead vocal on that album.

I saw The Ramones just after Richie left in '87, at the Barrowland in Glasgow, Scotland. Not sure who the drummer was - it was being trailed at the time as Clem Burke of Blondie, but I think it was maybe Tommy Ramone who stepped back in for a while.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Just read ed's tweet ...... Stranger and stranger .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Just read ed's tweet ...... Stranger and stranger .
        I don't understand what's so creepy... The band has confirmed it, it's on....

Now if they were smart, they would have done this yesterday, when the news broke...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Not creepy , a one off gig was just not what I thought the band would go with . Unless more oz gigs follow .
          Hey ,I think it's ace news if it happens ,maybe I was putting 2 and 2 together and getting here we go again .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Poison99
            Full On Cocktard
            • May 2005

I couldn't bear the thought of missing this gig (even if it sounds kinda sketchy) so I just spent $880 on two platinum tickets. I'm officially broke. I'll be pissed if VH pull out of this date now - more so if they are replaced by someone else and I'm not entitled to a refund.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Poison99
              I couldn't bear the thought of missing this gig (even if it sounds kinda sketchy) so I just spent $880 on two platinum tickets. I'm officially broke. I'll be pissed if VH pull out of this date now - more so if they are replaced by someone else and I'm not entitled to a refund.
              duuuuude, I feel your pain and anticipation/dread! keepin' everything crossed this shit goes down for you and all the other aussies
              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

"That's not a microphone my pants I'm just happy to see you Australia! I'm amazed our drummer Alex Van Halen can keep up tonight. All last night a girl was screaming at Alex's hotel room door. Alex finally let her out."
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  ... And if none of them are even mentioning it on their usual channels of communication with their fans ... who da fuck is gonna buy the tickets!!
                  Not just twitter.....Ed's Facebook account has sent out that poster advertising the show as well....

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Poison99

You got big balls of brass, dude --- I could never lay down that kind of quid knowing what happened at Soundwave --- but it will all be worth it if VH does show up and rocks your asses off --- enjoy it because it's likely the only time Roth VH will ever be on Aussie soil !!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      Not just twitter.....Ed's Facebook account has sent out that poster advertising the show as well....
                      kody's too
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by FORD
                        He sure as Hell wouldn't ever allow KISS - even this half assed semi-tribute band version - to play a festival with Van Halen headlining. Probably would play the "I discovered those guys, so of course I want top billing, goddamn it" card.

And then, even if the gig ever did happen, he'd probably be backstage trying to get Eddie to join KISS again.

"Look, nobody even has to know it's you. You can wear Ace's makeup, just like our current scab does"
                        You know what is also weird, a kid who is a few years younger than me knows that! He's only 16 and knows EVERYthing about Kiss and VH. He also knows that Gene tried to recruit Eddie several times to replace both Ace Frehley and then VV.
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          I'm sure the Fender rep there can get a backline of 5150 III's and whatever Wolfgang is using. The main PA, monitors, stage, and lighting will be provided by the festival. All Ed's gotta bring is a few guitars and pedalboard, maybe Al's kit from last year...but yeah, going for one show doesn't make sense, then having to go back that way for the Japanese shows. Unless they camp out in Hawaii in between gigs.
                          They really don't have to ship that much equipment around... Al's drum kit is probably 2 flight case containers. Ed has 1 rack of amps/effects & 1 guitar case with 5-6 axes. Wolfgang about the same... 1 rack of amps/effects and another with basses.

All the stage prop amps & speakers can be sourced locally.

Oh and Dave will need a carry-on bag with a pair of shiny pants and a hat or two...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Lets hope the headset doesn't make the trip for a surprise reappearance down under...
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              They really don't have to ship that much equipment around... Al's drum kit is probably 2 flight case containers. Ed has 1 rack of amps/effects & 1 guitar case with 5-6 axes. Wolfgang about the same... 1 rack of amps/effects and another with basses.

All the stage prop amps & speakers can be sourced locally.

Oh and Dave will need a carry-on bag with a pair of shiny pants and a hat or two...

Don't you forget the dance floor !!!!

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                Don't you forget the dance floor !!!!

Oh crap... that's right!! Ok add one more flight container for the dance floor and a few bags of confetti...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...