X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Poison99
    There is no mention of it on Billy Joel's site either. Richie Ramone has indicated he is coming via his Facebook page. Otherwise, it's just the promoter shilling it on Facebook and via their own website. I also read the terms and conditions of the ticket sale on the promoter's website, and it more or less excludes them from liability as far as any venue changes or lineup changes are concerned. I know that most fine print would read like that, but I'd be way more comfortable buying the tickets from Ticketmaster or Ticketek, because I know I'd get my money back if the promoter went bankrupt.

I wouldn't waste my time if it wasn't Van Halen. Basically, it's going to cost $867 for my girlfriend and I to go. An $867 roll of the dice before I pay a cent on flights or anything else.

Somebody tell me what to do.

The whole thing just smells fishier every fucking day .... save your $867 until Dave tweets a pic of him climbing aboard a plane to Sydney

At least in the U.S. --- VH has a proven track record of attendance figures they can reference before they put a tour together. They know how much they can expect to make in every U.S. and Canadian city and they demand the appropriate fees upfront and they get paid.

Given that VH hasn't toured Down Under in 15 years since Fairy Gary and never with Roth --- how can any promoter gauge his margins if one of the headlining acts drawing power is a big mystery? We gotta face the facts and realize that Roth-VH are not an international force like Madonna or U2 and there's no guarantee this festival will turn a profit at all.

All you have to do is look at the '83 US Festival --- Wozniak was sure it was going to turn a profit so he paid hefty appearance fees to big acts like VH and he ended up losing $15 million on the show. I sure as hell don't see any billionaire software tycoons financing the Stone Festival sham!

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I wouldn't waste my time if it wasn't Van Halen. Basically, it's going to cost $867 for my girlfriend and I to go. An $867 roll of the dice before I pay a cent on flights or anything else.

Somebody tell me what to do.

The stadium is monstrous in size. It won't sell out fast. Wait a week & let some dust settle to see if it's real.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Poison99
        Full On Cocktard
        • May 2005

Stone Music Festival's promoters have responded to speculation about the genuineness of their event.

The broader group have been involved with a multitude of sports, music and entertainment transactions globally and this is one of the largest music events anyone has put together in Australia.

"Headline artists have been contracted and paid in full.

"All funding required for this event is committed and in the event disbursement account.

"It would be prudent for Mr. McManus to check his facts before making such erroneous and public statements."
        That makes me relax a little bit. If the artists haven't been paid in full yet, it would be surprising to learn the promoter would tell such a blatant lie. Still, I have my doubts.

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/st...ulation/?cs=12

That makes me relax a little bit. If the artists haven't been paid in full yet, it would be surprising to learn the promoter would tell such a blatant lie. Still, I have my doubts.

There could be fine print involved in these contracts --- ie, "Headline artists paid in full but fees shall be refunded to promoter in the event that X amt. of tickets havent been sold by Y date"

Comment

• rockhead
            Roadie
            • Jan 2006

Poison 99 and all OZ fans im personally fishy on this as well?.The band knows how good their fans are and how the fans have been waiting for years to see the roth lead lineup, why would they bother touring on a festival for?.They should have hauled all of their equipment and done arena shows in each capital city and should have done it by now.VH is an arena band not a festival band, hell they could bring steel panther for support if they really wanted to.

I dont know why VH feels that they have to do a festival as a reason to play shows, just do arena shows in each capital city and the bank balance will fill up itself!

Comment

• Poison99
              Full On Cocktard
              • May 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
              The stadium is monstrous in size. It won't sell out fast. Wait a week & let some dust settle to see if it's real.
              I would agree with that, but the platinum standing zone in front of the stage appears to be quite small. As I will possibly be working late and won't be able to get a flight until the morning of the festival, buying GA tickets could result in me being 70 yards from the stage. I figure if I'm going to travel 900km, I may as well pay the extra $110 for premium tickets.

Comment

• VHscraps
                Veteran
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by TJMKID
                There could be fine print involved in these contracts --- ie, "Headline artists paid in full but fees shall be refunded to promoter in the event that X amt. of tickets havent been sold by Y date"

... And if none of them are even mentioning it on their usual channels of communication with their fans ... who da fuck is gonna buy the tickets!! What, is it gonna be all those fans of that biker move, Stone, that the promoter seems to be trying to raise cash via these gigs to do a remake of ...

And, let's face it ... Richie Ramone, whilst an ex-Ramone, is not Tommy Ramone or Marky Ramone, the two other drummers who were part of the band during their golden era.

Glenn Hughes has tweeted "Looks like I'll be down in Australia with our band Kings of Chaos in April ..." - doesn't exactly sound like he's totally convinced of it, or that the deal has been signed etc.
                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by rockhead
                  Poison 99 and all OZ fans im personally fishy on this as well?.The band knows how good their fans are and how the fans have been waiting for years to see the roth lead lineup, why would they bother touring on a festival for?.They should have hauled all of their equipment and done arena shows in each capital city and should have done it by now.VH is an arena band not a festival band, hell they could bring steel panther for support if they really wanted to.

I dont know why VH feels that they have to do a festival as a reason to play shows, just do arena shows in each capital city and the bank balance will fill up itself!

It just doesnt make any sense --- why is VH flying 8,000 miles to Australia to only play 1 fucking show? Why not tour the whole country and make some serious bank before heading to Japan?

Hey Oz, get ready for "Soundwave Fizzle Fest Part Deux" !!

Comment

• Poison99
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • May 2005

Van Halen have now added the tour poster to their official Facebook page. Hmmm.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Here is where KISS is playing in Australia....

Feb 28 – Perth, Australia
                      March 3 – Adelaide, Australia
                      March 5 – Melbourne, Australia
                      March 6 - Melbourne, Australia
                      March 9 – Sydney, Australia
                      March 10 – Sydney, Australia
                      March 12 – Brisbane, Australia
                      March 16 – Mackay, Australia
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

VH just confirmed it via Twitter...

Australia! twitter.com/VanHalen/statu…— Van Halen (@VanHalen) February 18, 2013
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• fraroc
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

I've always fantasized about a possible Kiss/Van Halen world tour. But Chaim would never allow that to happen.
                          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps

And, let's face it ... Richie Ramone, whilst an ex-Ramone, is not Tommy Ramone or Marky Ramone, the two other drummers who were part of the band during their golden era.
                            Yeah, I thought it was odd that the article implied that Richie was "the" surviving Ramone, when he was essentially just a guy who filled in for a few years while Marky got his shit together. And "Too Tough to Die" was probably the only great album they made while Richie was in the band.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Poison99
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

While they are touring with Motley Crue and Thin Lizzy, the venue they are playing in Melbourne has a capacity of about 55,000 (possibly reduced to 35,000ish with all the equipment) and they sold enough tickets to warrant a second show. I think my tickets to that show cost about $150 too. I have no idea why Van Halen wouldn't want to play an arena show like that themselves and at those prices - in terms of drawing power, I'd expect them to be equal to KISS (if not more popular because KISS have been out several times).

Then again, because VH have put the photo on their official page and I have less than 20 minutes to decide whether to get tickets, I'm leaning towards just saying screw it, I'll buy them and run the risk.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                                I've always fantasized about a possible Kiss/Van Halen world tour. But Chaim would never allow that to happen.
                                He sure as Hell wouldn't ever allow KISS - even this half assed semi-tribute band version - to play a festival with Van Halen headlining. Probably would play the "I discovered those guys, so of course I want top billing, goddamn it" card.

And then, even if the gig ever did happen, he'd probably be backstage trying to get Eddie to join KISS again.

"Look, nobody even has to know it's you. You can wear Ace's makeup, just like our current scab does"
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...