X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Amazing how people feel they can give vitriolic reviews of a show they weren't at...
    Seriously.

Originally posted by Zing!
    Seems like the Aussie show was treated more like a corporate gig than anything. 90 minutes, no frills, cash the check, have a nice day.
    Who's to say it was the band treating it that way?
    And as I said earlier, more than likely -the short-set/no-frills/you stop at 'x' time regardless of if you start late or not-deal could have been at the behest of the event organizers - because seemingly unknown to many posting here, that's kinda how that shit usually works...even for the headliner....just sayin'...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'll admit, I never knew of the stipulations to playing a festival gig. I learned something new here. I s'pose it is kind of a knee jerk reaction to think it was VH who were responsible for a shortened, hits only set. I'm now glad to know that maybe there is some truth to Wolf rounding up set requests and getting some surprises together takes a little more time.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

DTNA from Twitter follower...

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Pretty Woman....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

EWS...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by loucap81
              Are you reading this Wolf?
              No, he doesn't have permission...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

So, what do you think about this show, Va ??

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

MTV NEWS | REVIEW: VAN HALEN PLAY STONE MUSIC FESTIVAL

The legends rock ANZ Stadium...

Apr 23, 2013

On a cold night in Sydney, the Stone Music Festival crowd waited patiently in ANZ Stadium for the band that most had come to see - Saturday’s headliners Van Halen.

An hour after Aerosmith had finished their set, Van Halen hit the stage looking very formal in matching black and white outfits. They kicked things off with ‘Unchained’ and for their fans, the long wait to see Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth together on stage in Australia was finally over.

The 90-minute set that followed consisted of their most well-known songs and biggest hits from the early days. However, they did play a few tracks from their most recent album, 2012’s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’. Not surprisingly, the boys didn’t touch anything from the Sammy Hagar years.

For just three musicians the sound that Van Halen create is incredible. Alex and Wolf lay down a rhythm section which is tight, heavy and powerful. It creates a platform that allows Eddie to shred. And for the Van Halen faithful, this is why they go to see them play.

Eddie is blistering. Of course he gets his own solo but the entire show is undeniably about Eddie’s wizardry on the guitar than it is anything else. From this performance it would seem that he has lost none of the brilliance that made him and Van Halen such a phenomenon in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

If there is still tension in the famously fractious relationship that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth have had over the years, it definitely doesn’t show on stage. The two work well together. What Eddie brings as a virtuoso, Dave tries to match as the lead singer. He loves the crowd, he loves to perform and he shows why he is considered one of rock ‘n roll’s greatest ever front men. He even takes us back to 1984 with a few of his trademark karate kicks.

As might be expected, the highlights proved to be their best known songs which resonated with the festival goers who are not so familiar with all of Van Halen’s music. ‘Hot for Teacher’ and ‘Panama’ drew a big response from the punters with set closer ‘Jump’ really getting the crowd going.

Van Halen were entertaining but above all else the crowd were able to leave ANZ Stadium having witnessed a master at work. Eddie Van Halen, one of the greatest and most innovative guitarists ever to play rock ‘n roll.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I'm now glad to know that maybe there is some truth to Wolf rounding up set requests and getting some surprises together takes a little more time.
                    They had months...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      http://www.mtv.com.au/news/review-va...ival-cef7b6c6/

The legends rock ANZ Stadium...

Apr 23, 2013

On a cold night in Sydney, the Stone Music Festival crowd waited patiently in ANZ Stadium for the band that most had come to see - Saturday’s headliners Van Halen.

An hour after Aerosmith had finished their set, Van Halen hit the stage looking very formal in matching black and white outfits. They kicked things off with ‘Unchained’ and for their fans, the long wait to see Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth together on stage in Australia was finally over.

The 90-minute set that followed consisted of their most well-known songs and biggest hits from the early days. However, they did play a few tracks from their most recent album, 2012’s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’. Not surprisingly, the boys didn’t touch anything from the Sammy Hagar years.

For just three musicians the sound that Van Halen create is incredible. Alex and Wolf lay down a rhythm section which is tight, heavy and powerful. It creates a platform that allows Eddie to shred. And for the Van Halen faithful, this is why they go to see them play.

Eddie is blistering. Of course he gets his own solo but the entire show is undeniably about Eddie’s wizardry on the guitar than it is anything else. From this performance it would seem that he has lost none of the brilliance that made him and Van Halen such a phenomenon in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

If there is still tension in the famously fractious relationship that Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth have had over the years, it definitely doesn’t show on stage. The two work well together. What Eddie brings as a virtuoso, Dave tries to match as the lead singer. He loves the crowd, he loves to perform and he shows why he is considered one of rock ‘n roll’s greatest ever front men. He even takes us back to 1984 with a few of his trademark karate kicks.

As might be expected, the highlights proved to be their best known songs which resonated with the festival goers who are not so familiar with all of Van Halen’s music. ‘Hot for Teacher’ and ‘Panama’ drew a big response from the punters with set closer ‘Jump’ really getting the crowd going.

Van Halen were entertaining but above all else the crowd were able to leave ANZ Stadium having witnessed a master at work. Eddie Van Halen, one of the greatest and most innovative guitarists ever to play rock ‘n roll.
                      Horrible writing...

Paints a false picture of the show...

Comment

• loucap81
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        http://www.mtv.com.au/news/review-va...ival-cef7b6c6/

[snip]
                        Boy they really minimize Dave's contributions in this article, particularly with the "for three musicians" line like Dave's just kinda latching on, hanging around up there.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Because it's bullshit...

You or I or anyone here could write a better rewiew without even being there...

Comment

• lonnieg5
                            Roadie
                            • Jul 2005

They're all dressed alike! White shirt, black vest. That's hilarious!

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It came from MTV. You expected Pulitzer material?
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

It looks and sounds like the R&R Hall of fame gig that never happened...

Comment

Working...