X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
    A band that has 2 diamond records were not a 'hits' band? Van Halen didn't have MTV hits? Come on, dude.

As for 'corporate thinking', it's a sad fact of life that bands become businesses and as far as live music is concerned, big festivals are where the $$$ are right now (outside of the US where I sense festivals aren't quite as big). Hearing the same setlists maybe tiring for us, but the average person in that crowd is probably not stood there thinking 'I really wish they'd bust out Sunday Afternoon In the Park'. If you play a festival, you play the songs you're best known for, for better or for worse.

And as far as set times go, if you want the big $$$ paycheck, you abide by the festival organizer's rules, which could include a significant deduction if you go over even by a minute (to offset union overtime pay, etc.). I don't think Ed was cutting the breaks and mentioning "time" so he could make an early flight back to L.A.
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wow y'all made the monkey dance for about half the show...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Dave's voice sounds great. Maybe he should chew gum on stage more often!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Great ? No. Better sure. They were good. Love that freight train sound ! It was a good album cover idea.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Extended video on YouTube of Aerosmith and VH. (not the full sets from either, but probably the longest piece of footage out there....

VH starts at 43:45 in.....
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Great compared to '12. I think the little bit of reverb works in his favor for sure. The vocals were bone dry on the last tour.

He did that "hello!" in Ice Cream Man that he did all during the Jay Mohr show. Funny.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                It's really quite simple. We misunderstood one another and condescension was his choice flavor of retort. By all means, continue where he left off. I love being spoken down to. It's how I've come to accept my role in middle management!
                You must identify nicely with certain people in the movie "Office Space", eh?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Poison99
                  So, we can nitpick the setlist and talk about whether they should have played Pretty Woman and You Really Got Me. Or China Town. Or whether they didn't play Drop Dead Legs or Jamie's Cryin'. I don't care. I'm still on a high. My hearing is only coming back now. I got to see fuckin' Van Halen.

Dude...that is all that matters. Congrats on getting to see them.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    You must identify nicely with certain people in the movie "Office Space", eh?
                    I live inside of that movie.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Hmmmmm.....I just realized...Bill Lumbergh has not been around here for quite sometime. He used to post quite a bit back in the day.....

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm a little closer to Ron Livingston's character. Perpetually fed up and scheming to improve my situation.

Comment

• Mushroom
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Rebuttal
                          KICKING ASS and TAKING NAMES!!

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Silexxx
                            The gig, in its entirety with different camera angles.

Thanks Silexxx, congratulations to the people who made this vid.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                              Extended video on YouTube of Aerosmith and VH. (not the full sets from either, but probably the longest piece of footage out there....

VH starts at 43:45 in.....
                              I gotta say that "She's the Woman" sounded pretty darn good.

Dave keeps his voice in check and keeps up with the rest of the band. That's all I'm askin' for....
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Excellent. Amazing job someone has done putting that together.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...