X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fairwrning
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they are brainstorming their fucking ideas.
    Ha!...they dont brainstorm shit..the get together once every 5 years or so and just throw shit out there and nobody objects...lets do another lp of songs weve already done..lets release Tokyo as a cd...lets use a headset and dance floor..lets play the same setlist every show...lets play the same guitar solo every tour..lets find an opening act that cant challenge us..and whoever came up with the ellen gig should be shot..kimmel..meh..ellen..cmon man...obviously these guys are trying to coexist but damn, it wouldnt kill em to argue just a bit..

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Dave left Van Halen in 1985, and Dave was allowed to be Dave. He failed miserably, long term.
      Did you tell your buddy Ray Luzier the DLR Band was a failure?

Dave didn't fail at anything he did as a solo artist. Yes, maybe sales wise.... but all his solo albums are solid. Minus Diamond Dave, but that was because of too many covers.

Comment

• philouze
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
        obviously these guys are trying to coexist but damn, it wouldnt kill em to argue just a bit..
        Oh no!! If they did, there would be no CVH anymore. And Clara would team up with Fagroc to go slit some throats.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Struck me... this dancing girl thing clearly wasn't some live impulse moment. The band most likely had to have rehearsed that shit... and signed off on it.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS

Von's gonna kick your ass...
            He thinks I should have painted the buggy after Liberace Lee Roth.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Well, if that act and material was so great, why has the creator of it, chosen to forget it?

Yeah boy, Dave's solo stuff has really stood the test of time!

Keep sucking Dave's cock. I'm sure he'll show you his appreciation of your loyalty, by continuing to ignore what you love most about him.

Sorry, uber homo I like the women folks.

Dave will probably find most of the songs he has written worth doing again someday if that is what he wants .

I ain't waiting or asking for that, you all are the ones asking and attempting to change what is now.

Yes DLR solo has.... it is fresh and not dated and his style changed as he rolled thru the years.

Ed has never played for any other band he has never adapted and created new music with anyone..it is exactly the same tune he has been playing for 45 years.

Granted there is greatness in the approach to life of one thing real well will earn you ease and money as you constantly redo it ..simplicity and accolades thru repitition.

Ed has never ventured out of his basement..musically.

EVER!

Greatest one trick pony in guitar history.
              2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
              clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
                Did you tell your buddy Ray Luzier the DLR Band was a failure?

Dave didn't fail at anything he did as a solo artist. Yes, maybe sales wise.... but all his solo albums are solid. Minus Diamond Dave, but that was because of too many covers.
                If you could read, you'd see I put "long term". Sorry WARF, but Dave's solo stuff has not stood the test of time.

By the way, my two favorite solo albums are the ones where Dave is trying the least, to be "Diamond Dave". ALAE and the DLR Band album.

FACT!

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Struck me... this dancing girl thing clearly wasn't some live impulse moment. The band most likely had to have rehearsed that shit... and signed off on it.
                  That would be too.....impulsive. Plus where are they gonna find any girls?
                  sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    Yup..those moves were rehearsed..girl was fine..respect the spandex and thong..

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

He thinks I should have painted the buggy after Liberace Lee Roth.
                      With diamond studded white and pink tires...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Like I said, The Links go ...I see your posting style there when a I visit the other half...lol...... the site... other half of what....OH FUCK...LOL

Comment

• private parts
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

Greatest one trick pony in guitar history.
                          Oh no you didn't!!
                          sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by philouze
                            Oh no!! If they did, there would be no CVH anymore. And Clara would team up with Fagroc to go slit some throats.
                            Drop some cash'e euro man go see VH New York...maybe you can get in the box and look around instead of living outside looking away.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                              Like I said, The Links go ...I see your posting style there when a I visit the other half...lol...... the site... other half of what....OH FUCK...LOL
                              You think that's me ??

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

I shouldn't have watched the DtNA (off?) encore. No surprize they played/had to play Jump, but this "bonus" turned into a "thé dansant" for old ladies...
                                BTW, the same hottie as at Kimmel's was there waiting for her dance.

For God's sake, we'll soon turn into old dotters here, but it's true: the Van Halens bring it every time, but Dave, please... Too much ass twisting, too much extatic grinning... The voice melodies in DtNA are too nice not to sing them. Ed and Wolf bother singing the actual backing vocals - Al is damn good too on his kit - but Dave.. DAAAAAAAAYYYVE!!!! Wake the fuck up! You're David Lee Roth, you hold a muthafuckin' microphone...
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...