X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    so I was off for two weeks again...now checking because I was at the AC/DC concert yesterday with 70.000 friends which was great by the way and find myself at a point where I really DO want to apologize for being a =VH= fan for so many years...this is pathetic...

see ya in two weeks...
    Not being a VH fan has never prevented people from posting here.

Comment

• Jetstream
      Foot Soldier
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Not being a VH fan has never prevented people from posting here.
      Damn straight, even members of Van Halen who do not like Van Halen are allowed
      I got lost in the...

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
        hahahahaahahaha!!!!

Valerie Bertinelli saved Eddie's life???

Ed didn't get sober until he got rid of her!

Yes, I'm a REAL fan... one of the few left.... boycotting this tour and live album to support the only real lineup

Dave, Ed, Alex and Mike

So let's say Mike rejoins the band...then what?

Even putting to one side that it would be a positive thing to see the CVH lineup playing together live in terms of authenticity...

Mike rejoining isn't gonna make Dave sing any better than he does today.

Mike rejoining isn't going to give Van Halen a massive burst of creative rocket fuel which will result in a stellar new album.

Mike rejoining isn't going to add anything any better to Van Halen's live act in terms of quality re: musicianship. Wolf has proven himself capable of covering the bass duties in the band, and even Mike's much-lauded background vocals aren't what they used to be, either.

In reality, all that Mike rejoining the band would do is pave the way for Hagar to slide back into the lead singer slot again. Now, while my interest in Van Halen 2015 is very minimal (I haven't bothered with the Tokyo Dome live album and am giving the tour a pass), my interest in a 2nd Van Hagar reformation is zero.

From my perspective, while I do think it was bullshit that Anthony was shit-canned from the band in favor of Eddie's kid, I don't really care if Anthony rejoins or not now. It did put a damper on the 2008 show I saw, but Wolfgang has become a good fit to the band now, and I really don't think Mike stepping back into the fold would make a meaningful difference beyond being able to have all four CVH members onstage again.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Heater
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2010

There are probably more than a few members here who never saw the original VH live. Having Mike back now would at least give them a suggestion of what they missed. As they are today, there's still something missing.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

How about this scenario. The band finishes the tour and everybody goes their seperate ways. Dave finally releases the John 5 stuff but decides not to tour to give his vocal cords a rest. Wolfie joins some washed up 70s band and hits the fair cicuit like Jason Bonham and Foreigner. Ed and Alex do whatever they do when they're not working. A couple years go by and it's 2018. 40th anniversary of VHI and the band decides to do a small cash grab tour playing a handfull of shows at large venues in large cities like New York, L A, Chicago, etc with all 4 original members.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Nope. I saw the original numerous times, and Dave just doesn't have the same charisma...

If Dave got back in form like 07....maybe. But without Wolf, Ed would lose a lot of energy.

It is what it is...
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

WARF Not Going To See Van Halen This Summer,What's The World Coming Too.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  So let's say Mike rejoins the band...then what?

From my perspective, while I do think it was bullshit that Anthony was shit-canned from the band in favor of Eddie's kid, I don't really care if Anthony rejoins or not now. It did put a damper on the 2008 show I saw, but Wolfgang has become a good fit to the band now, and I really don't think Mike stepping back into the fold would make a meaningful difference beyond being able to have all four CVH members onstage again.
                  In a lot of things in life... imagining and dreaming about what you wish for, can be a whole lot more exciting and fun... than once you get it.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                    In a lot of things in life... imagining and dreaming about what you wish for, can be a whole lot more exciting and fun... than once you get it.
                    Yeah? So I should just keep dreaming about that in the ground pool with a patio bar? I dunno.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      Yeah? So I should just keep dreaming about that in the ground pool with a patio bar? I dunno.
                      I think it was Spock who said sometimes the wanting is better than having...
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        I think it was Spock who said sometimes the wanting is better than having...
                        No, Spock said "I am endeavoring, ma'am, to construct a mnemonic memory circuit using stone knives and bearskins".

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I mean, it isn't my intent to throw a bucket of cold water on anybody who still wants to see CVH onstage again. Shit, I wouldn't mind seeing that, either.

Should that come to pass NOW, however (as opposed to, say, 1996...or 2007), it seems reasonable when you take into account the nature of what the band is these days to say that the end result is still going to boil down to an aging band churning out the hits in a manner that 1) doesn't approach what the band was capable of decades ago and 2) therefore really doesn't quite do justice to the timeless classics they are performing.

The only difference is that Mike would be there instead of Ed's kid. So, if that is really the only thing that would be altered, does that make the waning output somehow more acceptable?

Nah.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

A ground pool with a patio bar is something that can actually be realized.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              The only difference is that Mike would be there instead of Ed's kid.
                              When do the tickets go on sale?
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by WARF

I am DONE with this band... the first 6 albums and plethora of demos I have is all I need....
                                Get the $30 lawn seats for Palm Beach. Come meet me and we'll drink beers until everything is better.
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...