The Official Van Halen, "Tattoo" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

And when I say he will sell it to me. Thats because he will ring it up the next day. I don't want it free.

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      I don't think it never happened...I managed a corporate record store, not an indie shop. Corporate stores are by the book unless you want to get fired...

I knew a guy in the late 80's who managed a popular record store at the local mall and he'd hand out early CDs to any hot chick who would blow him in the back room.....

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
        Yes, that is what I am talking about. But not the Manager. The owner. A friend for 15 years. I am not talk out my ass here. And of course I will not say where, who, or even post it in any shape, way or form. But I will have it. Thats all I am saying.
        If it does not happen I will admit it. I am not gonna lie about it. But I am 99% sure he will do this.

Comment

• AccidentalAngel
          Full On Cocktard
          • Feb 2008

It is most definitely a catchy song.
          After the car ride home with the CD on repeat for only four times I had a 3 year old girl bouncing trough the living room singing Tattoo Tattoo! Priceless, grandma is proud!
          Almost as good was the smile on the face of my son when he came in and saw this. (Her mom might not like it as much though)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by AccidentalAngel
            Her mom might not like it as much though
            slap her!
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yes, that is what I am talking about. But not the Manager. The owner. A friend for 15 years. I am not talk out my ass here. And of course I will not say where, who, or even post it in any shape, way or form. But I will have it. Thats all I am saying.
              Cool...
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And when I say he will sell it to me. Thats because he will ring it up the next day. I don't want it free.
                Yeah, I was gonna say this. No record of breaking street date. That's cool for you man!
                Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by AccidentalAngel
                  It is most definitely a catchy song.
                  After the car ride home with the CD on repeat for only four times I had a 3 year old girl bouncing trough the living room singing Tattoo Tattoo! Priceless, grandma is proud!
                  Almost as good was the smile on the face of my son when he came in and saw this. (Her mom might not like it as much though)
                  My 4 year old daughter and 7 year old son LOVE it!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

they know they will get kicked into the next orphanage if they don't
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Yeah my 7 year old son loves it , wouldnt get in the car unless it was on ...which aint a massive problem
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Yeah, I was gonna say this. No record of breaking street date. That's cool for you man!
                        Yes. Thanks. I am just exited about it like everyone else here.

Comment

• tod
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

Anyone know if the China Town is a remake of the Thin Lizzy version?

Comment

• sambo
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                            And to think we have Bullethead to come. I think we get the album a few days earlier than the US. Is that right?
                            Hey HH

Yep, saw iTunes Australia has it released on 3 February 2012 but no bonus tracks / tshirts etc.

For us Down Under, that means 3 weeks from today.....
                            Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sambo
                              Hey HH

Yep, saw iTunes Australia has it released on 3 February 2012 but no bonus tracks / tshirts etc.

For us Down Under, that means 3 weeks from today.....
                              Ah. So all the world will hear it that day too thanks to the www.

Comment

• nitroDave23
                                Roadie
                                • Jan 2012

Dave has really blown me away on Tattoo, the "Sexy Dragon Magic" line is just classic all the way,and his higher notes don't sound so strained,like they did in '96.

Just love everything he did in the new song,get's better with each spin (or should I say click?)

Comment

Working...