X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Fuck Yeah!

For the first time in history, the Cavaliers will advance the NBA Finals following a 98-82 win over the Pistons in Game 6 at The Q on Saturday. The Cavs will travel to San Antonio to face the Spurs in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday, June 7th at 9:00 p.m. (ABC)
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Whole Region is going insane..the local ABC affliate, the local CBS affliate, all of them have breaking news of the cavs being the East Champs..

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Amen Twona,

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

I think as of right now..The Whole State of Michigan is owned by Ohio now..

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Oh What A Night Indeed!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Yo Al...before I post this...I will let it be known that I get both our biases...and more than likely...the reality is somewhere in between...

that being said...

No doubt...some calls that Lebron gets are questionable...at best. It sure as hell isn't the way you try and sell it though.

Does Lebron get more calls than most? Yeah, he does.

Is it because he's 'like Jordan?'

NO.

Is it because he's the rare player that can find a way to a basket on every play?

Yeah, it is. And you can say he lowers his shoulder, and you can say every play should be charging...whatever...

but you and I both know if ANY NBA player drives to the hole and draws contact, it's going to be 50/50 that there's going to be an offensive or defensive foul.

Look at Manu Ginobli...same thing...and nobody calls him the 'next Jordan.'

I guarantee you Al...I can show you 5 fouls called the wrong way on a shoulder drop in EVERY game...including the Pistons.

Sheed fouled out last night...and had two baseline shots where not only did he drop his shoulder before going up to get position...but also extended his arm. Both times were called defensive fouls.

To randomly say that Cleveland has a lot more foul shots is a reason that they are getting calls that shouldn't be called is ridiculous. Cleveland shot 50, and Detroit 44...and Detroit actually made more than Cleveland did last night...37-35.
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

As far as "thinking" they are getting fouled on every play...

Al...

Have you watched the Pistons?

Seriously?

I have never seen such a collective group of whiners in all my life. Between Sheed and Rip bitching about calls that ARE made or SHOULD be made...it's amazing they have time to actually play...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Last one...

where the hell was Maxiel last night?

Damn glad he didn't get any p-t...

high energy guy that just seemed to have the Cavs number...

I was scratching my head about that one...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Congats to the Cavs, long time coming....

I actually watched the last 10 minutes of the game....

Maybe it was only because the Bucs game and Game 3 of the Cup Finals were over, but hey, I watched it....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Yo Va...you picked the wrong last 10 minutes to watch...

Thursday's game...wow...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

I hear you guys ... I do ... I hope Flip Saunders is gone ... I hope Billups goes ... I hope Sheed goes ... I agree wholeheartedly that they have become the biggest bunch pussies ever. All that crying got them less respect from the officials, they hate that shit.

Its pathetic. There has to be some validity to the fact that the reasons they pissed and moaned so much was that the calls were quite lopsided in number other than Game One. But nevertheless, I am embarassed by the way they played and acted. They didn't deserve to win, and the fact is, they could have.

And the Cavs, primarily The Mop Flopper and Gibson, flop too much. That isn't me and a bias. Like I said, I saw Laimbeer in his prime, I know what it looks like and the announcers made mention to it. And when you leave guys wide open and bunch up on LeBron, they're gonna hit threes. That was Flip Saunders. They should have let James do his thing and stopped everyone else. Even if he scored 75 a game, wouldn't have been enough.

I would keep Maxiell, I would keep Amir Johnson.

And fucking deal the rest.

I will say this. EVERYONE, except Piston fans, and I include the leagues and television honchos, want the Cavs in the Finals because it is the only hope for ratings.

They've been down each an every year. This is the hope for the ratings.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                              I will say this. EVERYONE, except Piston fans, and I include the leagues and television honchos, want the Cavs in the Finals because it is the only hope for ratings.

I think you're right, but I watched every game and the best team won.

No way the Cavs got calls they shouldn't. These things even out in the series.

At least they were trying to drive the basket, as was already mentioned here, rather than look for contact on a three a la Billups

If ratings were such a huge concern, no way Amare and Diaw get suspended like they did, although you could say that made this series all the more important.

If I didn't watch every game, I might claim a conspiracy, but I am fairly objective and there was no bias here from the refs.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I absolutely agree that there was flopping...

I was laughing my ass off at the call that got Sheed his last foul...

I had said about 10 minutes earlier to my wife that the Cavs best bet was to get under their skin...and that the Pistons would self-destruct...

Here's the thing though...

the NBA should do what the NHL does...assess technicals for perceived flopping...

I do agree that the league and everyone else wanted the Cavs in...

I doubt very much that they forced the refs to make calls...like I said...they were nearly 50-50 in that last game as it progressed...

Could they have won?

Sure...

But I still think Cleveland dictated the play...and were the better team...

trust me...if they weren't...I'd say something...

Comment

Working...