Any thoughts on the new 23 trillion cost of free healthcare?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Any thoughts on the new 23 trillion cost of free healthcare?

Okayee..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the new estimate for the Dem's package is still too LOW at just over $23 trillion.

The reason I say that is, it's supposed to apply to the supposed 42 million uninsured only.

But when you do the math,
    $23,000,000,000 / 42million = only $5,476.19 each person!

If you were to throw in a few hundred thou cancer cases, one mil or so aids cases, fifty thou kidney dialysis cases - then how is this gonna work out?

I forget the rough estimate for dollar expenditure from true healthcare pay basis, but it's something like 40 percent of it all is admin costs such as billing, coding for service, and collections. The doctor only really sees 60 cents or less of that dollar!

So how will this work then, subtracting admin costs, when they're also estimating another 60 million middle class jumping ship from private healthcare to a government entitled provision, for the simple fact if its free why pay for it?

SHIT was I even paying $5400 a year for myself, I think I was paying like $180 a month for Kaiser, and they fucking SUCKED.

I don't see it passing. I was watching Hannity on Fox this evening, and they had some clips of Democrats selling this bullshit at townhall meetings trying to explain their way thru it while getting laughed at and heckled by the citizens.

This sure as hell isn't representation: if it is, the Democratic Congress is only representing Bostonian Kennedian drug and insurance concerns for the biggest insurance sale in history.. and I would like to know who's getting the commision on this policy if it isn't the Kennedeys business affiliates.

Then Obama wants to have everyone vote on it without reading it - but they keep filling it with provision this and provision that!

Boehner did another thing on CSpan with the printout, he dropped it on the table in two volumes like a pair of Los Angeles telephone book listings.. thunk thunk..

Again, teh Democrats trying to rip the fucking people off, to Kennnedy's puppet cry of "this bill must be passed"

It ain't gonna pass..
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

oh I forgot to add, the obvious second equation in this is the 23 trillion divided by 100 million subscribers dillutes the wonder of free medical for everyone down to just 2300.00 for each person.

Our gross national product in a bad year is 9 trillion, the government averages about ten percent of that, so how do you give away 25 times more than what you take in taxes if that's only 900 billion in a bad year?

The math don't lie, and even a third grader can figure THAT out!

If it were possible, we'd have to have a 900 trillion dollar economy.. then of course we could afford free healthcare for everybody. But it's just not physically, fiducially possible!

Plus, if the cap n taxtrade taxes don't work out, you hook millions of people on free healthcare for one year, then you gotta kick em off the next?

Obama's a fucking bullshit artist.. and thats not the worst part: he tells Congress to work it out. In other words, the Messiah hath spoken "I'm so popular, this will pass because I so wish it therefore you guys work out the details amongst yourselves.."

Not only does it not work mathematically, it's not fair to the taxpayer who Obama wants to stick with the bill.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd rather spend "23 trillion" on keeping people alive than on murdering them in senseless wars. Funny how there's always enough money for that bullshit.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• letsrock
        Veteran
        • Mar 2007

Kaiser does suck. They are about as efficient as the VA.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

GAR your math is fucking woeful.

Don't give up the day job...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm pretty sure he's equally incompetent at his day job...

Comment

• letsrock
              Veteran
              • Mar 2007

Remember everyone believes they are entiltled.
              It will be fun to see when a person goes to ER for an injury.

Something like this.

Nurse: What brings you in tonight?
              Unemployed person: i got hurt at my job.
              Nurse: Where do you work?
              Unemployed Person: Any corner i can.
              Nurse looks surprised, but knows she shes this all the time now.

Nurse: So what happened?
              unemployed Person: I got stabbed over a dime bag.

thanks obama.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                Remember everyone believes they are entiltled.
                It will be fun to see when a person goes to ER for an injury.

Something like this.

Nurse: What brings you in tonight?
                Unemployed person: i got hurt at my job.
                Nurse: Where do you work?
                Unemployed Person: Any corner i can.
                Nurse looks surprised, but knows she shes this all the time now.

Nurse: So what happened?
                unemployed Person: I got stabbed over a dime bag.

thanks obama.
                Um, WTF are you talking about? Firstly, you're the one getting free healthcare based on having a temporary job you got paid for...

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What the hell's GARgle whining about? Don't the indigent/homeless get free health care in California anyways???
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• letsrock
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Um, WTF are you talking about? Firstly, you're the one getting free healthcare based on having a temporary job you got paid for...
                    No i dont get free healthcare based on a temp job.
                    Who gave you that idea?
                    But being a Veteran i took use my VA benefits for my diabetes care.
                    Back to taking pointless shots again arent you.

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      So your saying that the US Military and its veterans are all temp workers.
                      What the hell is wrong with you?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Temporary is a term that denotes a finite period of time, with a defined beginning and an end. It is derived from the Latin temporarius "of seasonal character, lasting a short time," from tempus (gen. temporis) "time, season." It is the opposite of permanent.

How is it not temporary work?

A cynic might say that tying health care into military service helps politicians to recruit people from disadvantaged backgrounds into illegal or unnecessary wars.

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister

How is it not temporary work?

A cynic might say that tying health care into military service helps politicians to recruit people from disadvantaged backgrounds into illegal or unnecessary wars.
                          Well based on that then one could say that the military is used as a toll for future free healthcare.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Yes or further education.

But it doesn't apply to richer families.

Comment

• letsrock
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2007

Right, it leave a lot to be desired.

Comment

Working...