Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

It will be interesting to see what Dirk Nowitzki does. Even though he's loyal to Mark Cuban, I'd be willing to bet he'd be open to going just about anywhere, and he could really help a team like Cleveland.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Has Dwyane Wade struck first?

In what I could only say is a shocking move, it looks like D-Wade is about to sign with hometown Chicago! In all honesty...that makes me a little sick to my stomach. If Wade leaves Miamii...the fucking Heat are toast...fucking toast...

They dumped EVERYONE!

RBW AND I WOULD HAVE TO PLAY THE 3 AND 5 POSITIONS!

So...if DWade does go to his hometown...would that pull IN LeBron...or...is this the two friends throwing a nod to each other in a head-to-head over the years...

Now...it will be interesting to watch the Bosh scenario. If the Bulls could land both Bosh and DWade, would they do it BEFORE meeting LeBron?
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Nowitzki has an offer. It's interesting he didn't sign it..and is meeting with the Mavs again. Fuck all that...I'd rather have 'Melo...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Hmmmm...I wonder how I'd feel if Cleveland didn't sign LeBron...but managed a sign-and-trade for Paul...then...started dismantling their team over the year...and made a run at Melo next year....hmmmm

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Either way...there's going to be two or three teams that suck for fucking years because of their dumping of salary...fucking bullshit...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Showtime?

"There's nothing like winning at home, I won three titles in my hometown and there's not a better feeling. My last 5-6 years (of coaching), I used a Princeton (offense) style but I can't let go of my roots. We're going to be a running team, I think it is something that we can do."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

"We know how great of a basketball player he is and I think he has room to grow. He (LeBron) has a high ceiling and that ceiling has not been tapped. I thought this was a home run for me. To be put in this situation with a team that has a chance to win right away. I think this team is right there, right now," Scott said. I think this is the right time and I'm the right coach to get to a championship."

Scott has already hired Paul Pressey to be his lead assistant, filling the same role Pressey did for Scott when both were with the New Orleans Hornets. He said he's still working on the rest of the staff.

You know what's laughable to me? Man people that thought the Cavs were a fucking "lock" to win a title after Jamison, are now saying they don't have a fucking shot. It's good to see someone with some fucking "in the know" realizes that the Cavs roster is ready to fucking go to the finals nearly as is...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

From Brian Windhorst in the past hour...

All these teams working on big-name partnership includes Cavs. Source said Raptors like some of Cavs players in potential sign-and-trade. Cavs could provide package of prospects, veterans, expiring contracts and instant salary-cap relief to Raptors. Difference between Cavs position and others, they can also take bad contracts from Raptors to aid rebuilding effort. Heat, Bulls can't. Goes without saying would be predicated on LeBron re-sign and then attempting to recruit Chris Bosh to CLE. So still very complex. Without getting into specifics Cavs have non-guarantees worth $5.3M & can structure multiple trades to save Raps $5-7M more in 1st yr alone. Plus provide a prospect, quality vets & expiring contracts that fall off cap or be trade assets for Raptors. Of course, Bosh must want it.
                  In other words, the Cavs just might be able to roll out a sign and trade for Bosh, and take on Terkoglu and Jose Calderon...which wouldn't be a bad thing...IMO...

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

I'd be really curious as to how LBJ would preform in a showtime offense

I've heard comparisions that he's more of a Magic type player than MJ, and to me he's a better shooter than Magic was.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I don't know...it will be interesting...

Tomorrow's going to be an interesting day.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Wade meeting with the Bulls for the second time tonight...then meeting with the Heat for a second time tomorrow...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Cavs go first tomorrow...and supposedly...the streets are going to be lined with fans...

Not sure I like the Bulls going second...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Windhorst...

Several execs I've talked to doubt Wade to Chicago noise. Most still say follow money, most money in Miami.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Bosh says he doesn't have any offers yet...

My guess is that teams are looking at him as a complimentary piece.

He'll either be the guy that teams sign to say, "Hey LeBron, come here..."

Or, more likely, be the guy that they go after once LeBron or Wade signs...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Wow...Bosh took part in Wade's second meeting...

Comment

Working...