X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Well...here's the thing..

I really, really believe the Cavs have a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh. If LeBron signs, I think there's a really good chance that Bosh follows. I think Boozer is a lock in Miami.

While I think that DWade is more leaning towards Miami, don't count out Chicago just yet. Remember...Miami has NO PIECES. Riley may have outthought himself...which...makes me fucking laugh. You know, as bright a guy as Riley is, he's made himself into a crazy-ass old man over the past few years...it does make you wonder...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

When I say a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh, I mean with regards to the Cavs management, and Toronto management. I think that's their ace in the pocket today...

"LeBron, here's what we've done, as we've always done. Here's your new coach, a former champion, who has taken weak teams to the Finals. And, we've lined up a sign-and-trade for your pal Chris Bosh. You sign with us, you can talk him into joining us, and of course, we can help with that..."

LeBron wants to know not just for today, but the future. Cleveland, year-after-year has made moves to make James and the Cavs better...

I wonder if the Bulls are going to pay for Noah and for Rose when they come up for a new deal? Can they max out four guys? Sure, they can...but do the Bulls have that background? Hell...no...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Well...here's the thing..

I really, really believe the Cavs have a sign-and-trade lined up for Bosh. If LeBron signs, I think there's a really good chance that Bosh follows. I think Boozer is a lock in Miami.

While I think that DWade is more leaning towards Miami, don't count out Chicago just yet. Remember...Miami has NO PIECES. Riley may have outthought himself...which...makes me fucking laugh. You know, as bright a guy as Riley is, he's made himself into a crazy-ass old man over the past few years...it does make you wonder...
        Our local media is in the process of going batshit at the moment, as Wade has agreed to a second meeting with the Bulls today. Riley is keeping cool, remaining stoic and brushing things off as part of business. But you have to recall Wade's comments at the end of the season, saying he is through with being bounced out of the playoffs and being one and done. Chicago makes a great deal of sense for him, with or without Lebron. You just have to wonder what Riley (and a great many other teams) has in mind as a back up plan if Wade goes to Chicago, taking Bosh with him.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Yo Craig...Chicago already had that second meeting with Wade...second meeting today with Riley.

In all honesty, I don't know that Miami has a back-up plan. I think their "we can get all three" mentality was the best they could do (and pretty damn good). Unfortunately for the Heat, Wade is going through all this divorce bullshit, and he has to feel like he's a million miles away from his kids and crazy-ass ex-wife. The Bulls can sell their team without Bosh and/or LeBron...so they roll Wade in for meeting 2...and mid-way...Bosh walks in...well...

Now, I still think 'Bron is a wildcard. Imagine this scenario...Wade to the Bulls...

'Bron to the Heat...and Bosh follows LeBron...

doubtful...but the scenarios are mind-boggling.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Interesting...the Bulls would have to sign and trade to get Bosh a Max deal...with another star...

and the Cavs have better pieces..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

From Windhorst:

Details leaking out after Fri. Pat Riley was extremely passionate in his pitch to LeBron. Trying to convince him to take $ less to win. But passion is one thing, $35-38 million LeBron might leave on table. One of reasons LeBron remained non-committal.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

From Windhorst again...about the Nets...

Also heard Prokhorov was all business, very serious & frank but confident. Controlled the room. Again, LeBron interested & non-committal...

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

I read somewhere that the Nets had offered LJ a BILLION, and Wade a figure around $500,000, yet both remained non-committal. So it's obvious that it isn't about the money, it's about winning. Out of all of the 3 best deals, Chicago seems most likely to be capable of hitting the ground running. Cleveland and Miami still have some gaps to fill, and you wonder if the revenue is there.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Yeah...the owner said he could make James a worldwide commodity, and guaranteed to make him a billionaire...

But seriously...the worldwide money that James generates in Cleveland, isn't going to be altered THAT much from a move to New Jersey...remember...he's already making as much money a year as Jordan in endorsements home and abroad...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

hehehehe

There are hundreds of Cavs fans in downtown with team-provided signs lining street to meeting. Outside building fans chanting "Noah sucks"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Stephen Asshole Smith is a cunt.

He admits that his head is in his ass with his Miami reports...but continues to hammer on Cleveland, saying he can't go there and compete...

James showing up as we speak...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

He's home...
                            "LeBron just arrived in silver sedan. Fans didn't seem to realize it was him, but he just went upstairs. Wearing all black today."

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              Stephen Asshole Smith is a cunt.

He admits that his head is in his ass with his Miami reports...but continues to hammer on Cleveland, saying he can't go there and compete...
                              The guy really is like listening to a car alarm going off whenever he opens his mouth. After a while, you just tend to ignore it and hope someone will come along shortly to shut it off.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

You know it's bad when ESPN turns you off...

Maverick Carter last to arrive, fans thought he was LeBron and cheered. Not a bad idea, Mav part of decision.

Comment

Working...