• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

John Paxson sucks...he's a douchebag...

Last tweets from Windhorst...

Last time Cavs had sit down w/ LeBron to offer deal, was at Ken Stewart's Grille in Akron 4 years ago to the day. Different this time around.

Sources say Cavs showed LeBron a custom cartoon they created with James & his friends as characters that referenced many inside jokes. Was done in Family Guy style, which is one of James' favorite shows. Also Byron Scott gave a presentation about playing style. I'm not sure if it will work, but anyone that knows LeBron knows he loves cartoons, inside jokes and cheap laughs. Cavs do know him.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

The Official Website of LeBron James

LeBron's new website...

"Getting Closer"

Posted right after the Cavs meeting...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

I'm curious, if he leaves, does he still hold his bikeathon in akron? He's scheduled to be there in August, and I don't see people being all that happy if he's left town by then.
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

My guess is that LeBron will still do it. I think he'll do everything he possibly can to make over his image, and try to still say he loves the area. Watch the bitch start wearing Cleveland gear to sporting events...

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            My guess is that LeBron will still do it. I think he'll do everything he possibly can to make over his image, and try to still say he loves the area. Watch the bitch start wearing Cleveland gear to sporting events...
            Going to have get himself some bodyguards if he does do it.

I don't think he'll be on the level of say a Modell, but he'll be pretty close. BTW, you know Modell is a piece of shit when STEELER fans think the guy needs to go to hell for what he did.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Yeah...a Steeler fan that is 100% fully vested in Cleveland. Yeah, he took away the Browns...but that shit fucks up the Cleveland mantra. No Cleveland Browns doesn't help anybody...and didn't help Modell, who had to sell the team because he couldn't handle the best sweetheart deal ever given to an owner...

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Yeah...a Steeler fan that is 100% fully vested in Cleveland. Yeah, he took away the Browns...but that shit fucks up the Cleveland mantra. No Cleveland Browns doesn't help anybody...and didn't help Modell, who had to sell the team because he couldn't handle the best sweetheart deal ever given to an owner...
                also moving them to fucking baltimore man.

I've been to baltimore, their fans are the sort that drink fucking wine at tailgates and go antiquing on saturdays. They're not like Steeler or Browns fans, who while we can't stand each other share a lot of common characteristics actually (minus the whole, not winning any super bowls thing)

also, back to the subject at hand, Chris Grant gave a fist pump after he lef the meeting.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Bulls meeting at 2 hours and 45 minutes, and still going strong...

Anyone but the Bulls...not fucking Chicago...please not Chicago...

Long fucking meeting though. Almost as though they are plotting, making calls...and setting up something big...

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Anyone but the Bulls...not fucking Chicago...please not Chicago...

Long fucking meeting though. Almost as though they are plotting, making calls...and setting up something big...
                    I'm not sure, either way you dice it, to me, him going to any of these cities will be painful

-Miami, as said before, don't have shit for a fanbase, to see them get a ring, and to see Clevelanders get left out in the cold, will be painful. (prove me wrong WARF)

-NY/NJ is painful because it just once again re-inforces us as the minor league to those assholes.

and Chi-town, ugh, I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach the whole obnoxiousness that would become ESPN after that would occur.

just everything about this seems so wrong to me as a sports fan.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Bulls left a couple of minutes ago...nearly three full hours...

Holy hell...here come the fireworks...

The Bulls had three hours, the Cavs had seven years...

LET'S GO!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

They could have sent out for pizza, and that Chicago-style type takes a while to bake, let alone eat. To me it's more like lasagna than anything else. This is probably why the New York and New Jersey meetings went by much faster: thinner pizza.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Hahaha...the contigent of fans booed the bulls suv's as they pulled away!!!

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Bulls SUVs getting booed on way out of garage.
                            fuck chicago, and fuck the bulls.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              They could have sent out for pizza, and that Chicago-style type takes a while to bake, let alone eat. To me it's more like lasagna than anything else. This is probably why the New York and New Jersey meetings went by much faster: thinner pizza.
                              Post of the day...

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Yeah...the owner said he could make James a worldwide commodity, and guaranteed to make him a billionaire...
                                the world is a different place than it was when Magic and Bird played, and even when Jordan was in his prime. compared to now, the game had limited exposure in the late 80's. no NBA network, no games on beyond what, CBS and your local UHF stations. now games are shown in China and who knows where else. NBA games can be seen on a pirate broadcast over the tubes or downloaded after the fact and watched at one's leisure. NBA League Pass on satellite...you get the idea.

i think any player can be a worldwide commodity no matter where he's playing.

The Bulls had three hours, the Cavs had seven years...
                                there's things the Cavs don't have to explain in detail. LBJ knows Gilbert isn't afraid to spend money. i'm sure LBJ is/was consulted on personnel moves. any of these other teams can say they will do it to get him to sign, but who knows if they really will. look at the Bulls, everyone knows Reinsdorf is cheap. he's gonna change now?

they say LeBron is a student of the history of the game. we know Jordan is his idol. how many guys stayed with their team? Magic, Bird, Jordan...i think that's part of why he's gonna stay.
                                Last edited by twonabomber; 07-03-2010, 04:34 PM.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...