Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Not sure what SF was doing, but they did get a good receiver in Woods.

Chicago did fill some heavy need on the DL and if Berrian can stay healthy, he could be solid.

Terrell better pull his head out of his ass soon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      I worry about those guys with great stats at small schools...his combines must have been fantastic...
      Don't know about the combines, but he was the Defensive MVP at the Senior Bowl....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

There you go...I know Cowher said that he coveted some players at the Senior Bowl...and his staff heavily recruited there because they like game situations better than the combines...

everyone here just assumed it was only Rivers...lmfao...I think that fucker purposely talked Rivers up, knowing how Schettenheimer felt about him...got the QB he wanted, and the CB he coveted...

nice...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Well...Day 2 started...checking on it now...

curious to see if Cowher keeps stacking up that offensive line...or if he goes for his old friend...Defense...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Who did the best in this draft?

I think I need to wait until the end of the draft...

I like San Diego...they robbed New York...good for them...

I like Detroit...Roy Williams...the number 1 or 2 receiver...and trade up for Jones...who I thought was better than Jackson personally...what a change those two will make on that team...Harrington may have a breakout year...

a third year qb who looks good when not getting belted...A 2 year receiver who was one of the best before an injury last year...and two rookies who could have been top 15 picks...awesome stuff...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

I'm happy with the Steelers 5th rounder...Nathaniel Adibi...6'3", 255 pound defensive end...who also played outside backer...

He seems to fit in the Steeler mode...

I wonder if he'll play inside or outside...he has some speed..4.6 40...not bad for a 255 pounder...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Hmmmm...Krenzel got picked by the Bears in the fifth round...

Krenzel has expressed disinterest in the NFL...he's got good makeup...but is erratic...good leader though...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Who did the best in this draft?

I think I need to wait until the end of the draft...

I like San Diego...they robbed New York...good for them...

I like Detroit...Roy Williams...the number 1 or 2 receiver...and trade up for Jones...who I thought was better than Jackson personally...what a change those two will make on that team...Harrington may have a breakout year...

a third year qb who looks good when not getting belted...A 2 year receiver who was one of the best before an injury last year...and two rookies who could have been top 15 picks...awesome stuff...
                  We added the Butkus Award Winner this season Lehman, 4.55 speed. This may be the best Lion draft in a long, long time. Even our picks after Lehamn, are all smart, need picks.

Freakin' geeked.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I'm happy with the Steelers 5th rounder...Nathaniel Adibi...6'3", 255 pound defensive end...who also played outside backer...

I wonder if he'll play inside or outside...he has some speed..4.6 40...not bad for a 255 pounder...
                    The Steelers know how to draft linebackers, no question, and always have.

That tackle they drafted, 6-7, 349, wow.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

everyone here just assumed it was only Rivers...lmfao...I think that fucker purposely talked Rivers up, knowing how Schettenheimer felt about him...got the QB he wanted, and the CB he coveted...

nice...
                      I disagree bro...

I think he really wanted Rivers....

Don't forget, up until last week, the Giants were only talking about trading up to take Manning, and if that fell through, they were going to take Ben...

The scenario that it turned out to be, meaning a swap Manning for Rivers, wasn't even mentioned in the press until it happened.... During the time from the Raiders pick to the end of the Giants pick, THAT's when the Chargers said they'd do the deal if the Giants picked Rivers...

But don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Cowher is more than content with Ben....

The 'Burgh papers are all asking, what's going to happen with Maddox and Batch ?? Who cares about St. Pierre, really....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Maddox being the cheaper and better player than Batch, it's goodbye Charlie.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I would tend to agree with you in principle Al, but there's also the feeling that Tommy may be a bitch about the situation, because although the Steelers have said they're going to talk with Tommy about a raise, they are only about 300,000 below the cap right now...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

another va tech boy....hes a badass...at least, he was last year.

Comment

• Lou

The Giants play at the Eagles first game of the year. I hope Eli Manning is the starting QB for the Giants so he gets destroyed.

BTW I think the Giants gave up WAYYYYY too much for Eli Manning especially since Philip Rivers is just as good if not better. I don't understand New York's logic in this unless they think Eli Manning is headed straight for Canton.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                I would tend to agree with you in principle Al, but there's also the feeling that Tommy may be a bitch about the situation, because although the Steelers have said they're going to talk with Tommy about a raise, they are only about 300,000 below the cap right now...
                                I agree with you there. I just read some more about it today about him not being pleased with his contract situation, and now his replacement going to be breathing down his neck making even bigger coin.

As far as keeping the better QBs on the roster, to me, Maddox is the better and Batch makes more. Granted, Maddox will be disgruntled all year long, but he makes the better choice, talent and economics wise.

I'd keep him, cut Batch, try and smooth Maddox, or tell him to suck it up, or he's next.

Comment

Working...