• Aug 2004

Twat

Geddit?

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Jesus Christ, how did this downgrade itself into a subject on god damn bass players!?!?!?

Look, unless you're somebody like Marcus Miller a bass player is nothing more than that kid everyone knew in high school who was somewhere between special ed and becoming a serial killer. He was the kid who took the bus or walked everywhere because his parents who too drunk, poor, in jail or stupid to go as far to buy them a god damn bicycle.

Just fucking classic right there! LOL!
      P.S. Marcus Rules!
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Yes he does. His versh of Hendrix's 'Power Of Soul' is beyond incredible.

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Clitoral stimulation for everybody!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Good jazz musician but the problem with jazz is it starts to all sound the same. I like musicians who take those elements and do something different with it. Those people are very rare. The world is full of good technicians but its a rare technician that actually can make a piece of revolutionary art and set the world on fire.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              Good jazz musician but the problem with jazz is it starts to all sound the same.

Wrong. But thanks for playing.

Comment

• lesfunk
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Good jazz musician but the problem with jazz is it starts to all sound the same. I like musicians who take those elements and do something different with it. Those people are very rare. The world is full of good technicians but its a rare technician that actually can make a piece of revolutionary art and set the world on fire.
                When I read this post, I think "Nitro just revealed that he doesn't really play. In fact he's trying to bullshit me!"
                Last edited by lesfunk; 11-29-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

..again

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                    That was so judgmental and NOT true.
                    Only now you're letting this bother you?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by lesfunk
                      When I read this post, I think "Nitro just revealed that he doesn't really play. In fact he's trying to bullshit me!"
                      he's an 80%er
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jul 2010

Bootsy Collins is one of the coolest bass players on the planet . If you want to hear some serious groove-thang bass check out - Bootsy's Rubber Band , Parliament - Funkadelic , or anything George Clinton .

I gotta agree with Kristy on one thing : Ry Cooder . I saw him open for Eric Clapton in 1983 . He was the cats ass and he had a well deserved standing ovation at the end of his opening slot .

Gotta respectfully disagree with Kristy on 4 players - Steve Howe : Classic YES is brilliant and Steve Howes playing is incredibly complicated . Same thing goes for YES bassist Chris Squire .

RUSH bassist Geddy Lee is a phenominal bassist .

K.K. Downing kicks maximum ass . Glen Tipton is the better player but K.K. is no slouch . The originators of quality Heavy Metals dual lead guitar tandom . Gotta stand up for K.K. , after all , I am The Green Manalishi .

There are many quality musicians that play music that I don't particularly like . However , that doesn't mean that they are not good musicians .

Anyone ever heard of Leo Kotke ? I'm not a big fan , however , I was treated to a Leo Kotke show in 1985 . He is a brilliant guitarist .
                        Last edited by Green Manalishi; 11-29-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                          I gotta agree with Kristy on one thing : Ry Cooder . I saw him open for Eric Clapton in 1983 . He was the cats ass and he had a well deserved standing ovation at the end of his opening slot.
                          Post of the year right there, people.

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ry Cooder was the Guy Keith Richards ripped off to make Exile on Main Street

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Ry Cooder is that wizened story teller who feeds you a cold reality of how brutal, insane and lost this world has become. His slow blues is like a slow fuse to me just seething away unlike this shitty produced, self-indulgent, highly unoriginal Zeppelin crap that EVERYONE here loves to get on their knees for no other reason than to blow each other to death about like the mindless musical drones they truly are. Ry Cooder is a guaranteed aural orgasm to me every time I hear him play.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Ry Cooder is that wizened story teller who feeds you a cold reality of how brutal, insane and lost this world has become. His slow blues is like a slow fuse to me just seething away unlike this shitty produced, self-indulgent, highly unoriginal Zeppelin crap that EVERYONE here loves to get on their knees and blow each other to death about like the mindless musical drones they truly are. Ry Cooder is a guaranteed aural orgasm to me every time I hear him play.
                                The world has always been brutal, insane, and lost. Read a history book. We must have been bored to want to come here. We probably were sitting up there bored and we saw this diverse and insane planet and said, hey, that doesn't look too boring down there, let's go check it out. The worst that happen is we can get killed and that just means we end back up here again but at least we got to experience some crazy.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...