• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
    Angel,

I am happy to tell you that my Canadian patriotism is rising as my American one is slowly dropping...

I knew you were a smart girl.

How's the baby??? PM me a picture!
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jharp84
      ENOUGH ALREADY! I thought this was going to be a DEM VS. REP. WAR! NOW it is a US VS. CANADA!!!! NOT GOOD!! It's friday! Everyone do like me: go get 1.5 of skol vodka! Or VICE of choice(legal or not)! Kick back! Enjoy!! Life is short! There is way to much stress!!
      I wonder how many threads in the Roth world Angel has done this to? (I'm such a shit disturber). It's actually a Canadian vs Rep. war... somehow I don't often have much to argue about with Dems.

You have your vodka, I'll smoke a joint (as soon as I get home that is).
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
        Veteran
        • May 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        With all you whiz kids up there, that ought to make us all feel better.

Dude,

Americans are World-reknowned for their genius....but it is a very small percentile of the US population.

The USA is also known for it's INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY.....and you are evidence of that.

Ever hear the term "Dumbass American"? There's a reason for it you know.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
          Veteran
          • May 2004

Re: Canadians Healthier Than Americans - Harvard Study

Originally posted by Angel
          Here you go, little boy... looks like your system is even shittier than ours:

Canadians Healthier Than Americans - Study

Published on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 by Reuters <http://www.reuters.com>
          Canadians Healthier Than Americans - Study
          by Maggie Fox

Despite complaints about long waits for services, Canadians are healthier than their U.S. neighbors and receive more consistent medical care, according to a report released on Tuesday.

A telephone survey of more than 8,000 people showed that even though Americans spend nearly twice as much per capita for health care, they have more trouble getting care and have more unmet health needs than Canadians do.

The survey was done by Harvard Medical School researchers who include members of Physicians for a National Health Program, which advocates for a national health program in the United States.
          "These findings raise serious questions about what we're getting for the $2.1 trillion we're spending on health care this year," said Dr. David Himmelstein, an associate professor of medicine at Harvard.

"We pay almost twice what Canada does for care, more than $6,000 for every American, yet Canadians are healthier, and live two to three years longer," Himmelstein added in a statement.

"Canadians had better access to most types of medical care (with the single exception of pap smears)", Himmelstein and colleagues wrote in the study, published in the American Journal of Public Health.

"Canadians were 7 percent more likely to have a regular doctor and 19 percent less likely to have an unmet health need. U.S. respondents were almost twice as likely to go without a needed medicine due to cost (9.9 percent of U.S. respondents couldn't afford medicine versus 5.1 percent in Canada)," they added.

UNMET NEEDS

"After taking into account income, age, sex, race and immigrant status, Canadians were 33 percent more likely to have a regular doctor and 27 percent less likely to have an unmet health need."
          The researchers analyzed data from a telephone survey of 3,505 Canadian and 5,103 U.S. adults.

They wanted to see if there were any differences in health between Canadians, who have a tax-supported national health care system, and Americans, whose health care largely depends on private insurers, employers or the free market, with older Americans and the very poor cared for by Medicare, Medicaid and other joint federal-state health insurance plans.

The researchers found that U.S. residents had higher rates of diabetes, arthritis, chronic lung disease, high blood pressure and obesity.

"Most of what we hear about the Canadian health care system is negative; in particular, the long waiting times for medical procedures," Dr. Karen Lasser an instructor of medicine at Harvard who worked on the study, said in a statement.

"But we found that waiting times affect few patients, only 3.5 percent of Canadians versus 0.7 percent of people in the U.S. No one ever talks about the fact that low-income and minority patients fare better in Canada," she added.

"Based on our findings, if I had to choose between the two systems for my patients, I would choose the Canadian system hands down."

The researchers said the study population was representative of 206 million U.S. adults and 24 million Canadian adults but noted that only half the Americans contacted took part in the survey, and 60 percent of the Canadians.

©2006 Reuters

Our system may not be perfect, but it's still better than yours

We're also smarter.

Comment

• vh rides again
            Commando
            • Dec 2006

Hmmm... no record of him ever being licensed to practice medicine in Canada that I can find,. What province or territory was he licensed in?

You still haven't responded to the Harvard Study.

Our system may not be the best, but it is still better than yours...

Little boy.
            damn right, you guys up there arent giving free health care to 12 million mexicans.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
              Veteran
              • May 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
              damn right, you guys up there arent giving free health care to 12 million mexicans.
              We're giving free health care to 12 million other immigrants however. I'm not joking.

On the downside, NO hospital here will refuse to treat you, regardless of whether you are a Citizen or have an OHIP Card (which is basically a card to verify you are entitled to health care paid by the government.)

So, you can live here without official status, get treated and NEVER pay it back.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

... I'll smoke a joint (as soon as I get home that is).
                I'll join you (as soon as the baby's in bed)!

Will try to PM a pic... weird to see a BOY that looks like me :p
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                Originally posted by Nitro Express
                ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                Originally posted by VanHalener
                ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                Originally posted by FORD
                ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

How the fuck did this thread turn from a comment on Bush's cynical, calculated hypocrisy on stem cell research to another retarded flameathon on Canadian universal health care vs. the US HMO system?

I might actually have to moderate and dump this off-topic shit since we already have a motherfucking Canadian vs. US healthcare thread. Do we not?

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    ... we already have a motherfucking Canadian vs. US healthcare thread. Do we not?
                    We sure did and when we don't... some random thread ends up getting owned by that subject...
                    ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                    ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

... Canadian vs. US healthcare...
                      If only I could live the rest of my life without EVER hearing an argument about that again!

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

How the fuck did this thread turn from a comment on Bush's cynical, calculated hypocrisy on stem cell research to another retarded flameathon on Canadian universal health care vs. the US HMO system?

I might actually have to moderate and dump this off-topic shit since we already have a motherfucking Canadian vs. US healthcare thread. Do we not?
                        the canadians did it.

Comment

• jharp84
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

I never INTENDED THIS BULLSHIT! MY INTENTION WAS ANOTHER UN-FUCKIN-BELIEVABLE IDIOTIC MOVE BY THE BIGGEST JAG-OFF OF MY 41 FUCKIN YEARS! IT WAS "YOU GOTTA BE FUCKIN KIDDIN ME" LIKE the FAILED REUNION ATTEMPTS OF THE GREATEST AMERICAN ROCK BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUE TO PIDDLY EGO SHIT AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE!!!! JFC! JFC!! I will unfortunately have to INDEFINETLY POSTPONE MY "QUITTING DRINKING TOUR UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!!!

Comment

• jharp84
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Elvis & Frying Dutch! - did I mispell indefinetley???????????? Let me know!!!!!! I need to pass this fuckin class!!!

Comment

• WACF
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                              the canadians did it.

....tattle tale......

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

I'll bring it back to topic then. I can't wait for the big fundie movement to just implode on itself. This administration is fucked up beyond comprehension and living in another elitist utopian imagination. America is not No. 1 anymore, in fact it's all fucked up, just look in the damn cities and see for yourself. Yeah their pro-life all right, until it's a money making oppurtunity. If y'all wanna go to canada, best of luck to ya. As for me and some others, it's revolution time! The next republican convention will just be like Chicago in 68', just you wait.

Comment

Working...