X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Uh, any particular reason why? Or did you just start the New Years celebration a little early :bottle:
    Definitely started it early, but I did have a reason I'd rather not state publicly...Happy New Years Ford, and all...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-01-2012, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Definitely started it early, but I did have a reason I'd rather not state publicly...Happy New Years Ford, and all...
      I hope this doesn't mean that you need stem cells, Nick. Happy New Year, buddy! Long time no speak!!!
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        I hope this doesn't mean that you need stem cells, Nick. Happy New Year, buddy! Long time no speak!!!
        Nope. Just brain cells. Happy New Year to you and yours...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Funny how the wife of Ronald Reagan is a staunch supporter of stem cell research.....

Guess if a loved one is inflicted with a disease that stem cells could potentially help and/or cure, they support it....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kinda similar to how the Reagans never gave a shit about AIDS, until their old Hollywood pal Rock Hudson got it. And one of their own White House hacks named Terry Dolan. Granted, they still thought it was "God punishing the queers", but at least they finally admitted it existed.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I think a lot of people are just scared that the demand of stem cells could create a horrid ethical situation to where we purpose fully create and farm human fetuses just to get the cells. It's like abortion. On one hand it can be horribly abused and on the other it's the right thing to do. You can't legislate the type of morality needed in such decisions. All laws do is create a big umbrella of yes or no and that doesn't fly when individuals and their doctors need to make the hard decisions. It's one reason I want the government out of that kind of decision making period. If the government wants to make healthcare more affordable fine but I don't want them involved in what should be personal decisions between a person, their family, and their physician. The government isn't worthy enough to belong there.

What cracks me up about these right wing fools is they claim they want the government off our backs but they want it involved in our health, religious, and family decisions where it doesn't belong. Before the motto of this country was In God We Trust on the money it was Mind Your Business. That was originally on the US currency and I believe Ben Franklin came up with it. I think we should go back to it.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Kinda similar to how the Reagans never gave a shit about AIDS, until their old Hollywood pal Rock Hudson got it. And one of their own White House hacks named Terry Dolan. Granted, they still thought it was "God punishing the queers", but at least they finally admitted it existed.
                I was in college when AIDS was the big story and our biology professor was going on how there would be no cure and how it would bankrupt insurance companies and nations. Hindsight being 20/20 it hasn't been the black plague it was made out to be. Insurance companies now have bought enough politicians that they are the government and healthcare system. If you are sitting at the top of the government or these health corporations things couldn't be better. For the average citizen they are getting reamed with no real solutions but political lies on how actually screwing us more is a solution.

There still is no cure for AIDS but I don't see the population being taken down because of it. The obituaries aren't over flowing. More people still die of cancer or diabetes. Eating your self to death is a bigger killer in this country. Maybe it's different in Africa. That seems to be where most the AIDS carnage has been. But it isn't what they said it would be in the 80's when everyone was freaking from fear.
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-01-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's pretty different in Africa...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The old saying of who is going to save Africa from the Africans? I just know from people who go there it takes a whole fucking month to prepare for the trip of going to certain parts of it. It must be a crazy place. I've been all around South and Central America and nothing that I couldn't get my shit together in a week to go venture to there.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sort of a blame game, maybe blaming the victims in a series of artificial nation-states born out of European imperialism, and American slavery...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just to get this in context.

A fucking insane amount of people still die of AIDS each year and a lot of that is down to sick religious superstition. 3000 people die on 9-11 many of whom were probably not hugely nice people being investment bankers and so forth and it's Armageddon start 2 wars stuff.

Just sayin...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I just never hear of HIV/AIDS anymore. In the early 90's it seemed all a sudden a few people I knew died from it but then after that nobody I knew or knew of seemed to die of it. From my perspective it's like it fell from the earth. I don't know why. People being more careful but I really doubt that. Probably better drugs. There probably are more HIV positive people than we think and the stats probably read low because people are going to deny that they have it when asked.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I just never hear of HIV/AIDS anymore. In the early 90's it seemed all a sudden a few people I knew died from it but then after that nobody I knew or knew of seemed to die of it. From my perspective it's like it fell from the earth. I don't know why. People being more careful but I really doubt that. Probably better drugs. There probably are more HIV positive people than we think and the stats probably read low because people are going to deny that they have it when asked.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

We have some friends who lived in Nambia for a couple of years. They said in general the people were nice but what drove them nuts was the constant theft. Even if there was enough to go around someone would try and hoard it all. Everyone was out for themselves. If you look at nations that thrive they have leadership that sets forth long-term goals and the population gets behind it. Once you start the game of just robbing each other the nation goes nowhere.

Comment

Working...