X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    But it never goes down that way, does it? Better to do nothing about it as far as guns go, right? As I said a few days ago, why does anyone bother with home alarms if a thief is going to find a way to break in anyway? It's inevitable, so why not just leave the front door unlocked? I'll tell you why. It's called preventitive measures. Scaling back the availability of collector's carnage toys would, could and should be a preventative measure against a psycho wrecking havoc in your town. Well worth taking into consideration.
    So to use your own argument, just ignore the real cause of these events, right? Let's not bother to find out the cause and try and prevent it, right?

I'll say it yet again: Anyone with such a desire to kill will find another way. The reason you don't hear about those events is partly because a gun if available is the first choice. No disagreement from me there. But there are lots of events everywhere in the world where mass killings occured with knives, other weapons, etc. As many people killed at once? Not usually, but sometimes.

And I did say I don't know why anyone needs an assault rifle.

But I'll bet if you take away guns, other killings will go up. People will have less defense against home invasions, for example. So who is to say more people won't be killed overall during other violent crimes if the general population is unarmed? You just won't here about it in the media.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
      So to use your own argument, just ignore the real cause of these events, right? Let's not bother to find out the cause and try and prevent it, right?

I'll say it yet again: Anyone with such a desire to kill will find another way. The reason you don't hear about those events is partly because a gun if available is the first choice. No disagreement from me there. But there are lots of events everywhere in the world where mass killings occured with knives, other weapons, etc. As many people killed at once? Not usually, but sometimes.

And I did say I don't know why anyone needs an assault rifle.

But I'll bet if you take away guns, other killings will go up. People will have less defense against home invasions, for example. So who is to say more people won't be killed overall during other violent crimes if the general population is unarmed? You just won't here about it in the media.
      First off, I did say before, "I think mental health needs to be explored just as much". Secondly, you're talking about the world? I'm talking about America. Third, when, I mean, FUCKING WHEN did I mention taking away people's guns? Paranoid much?

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        The answer is both

Only the reactionary NUTS will have a problem with it, and frankly I couldn't care less if they did.

Beat me to it.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

What argument of mine does what you are saying parallel? I never implied learning a motive was pointless. I also know that the weapons don't generate the cause. They ensure it can and will be carried out.

Comment

• jhale667
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            Barbara Boxer is submitting a bill to have the National Guard stationed at the schools. What the fuck? What country is this? What year is this? That is totally insane. I would not have wanted to go to any school with the national guard nor would I send my child to one. The schools are already totally fenced in and many with metal detectors & locked gates. Add armed uniformed guards & they start looking like little concentration camps.....

...and since everyone is diagnosed nowadays with ADD & ADHD we know concentration is the last thing happening there.

But since no one wants to do anything about guns, isn't that the only recourse? Armed guards at every entrance and exit of every public school in the US, full body armor and kevlar backpacks for your kids just in case?
            Originally posted by conmee
            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
            Originally posted by eddie78
            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

In't crazy defined as not being rational?

I'm not Sigmund Freud but I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have still wanted to kill if he didn't have access to a gun. I doubt he would say "hmmmm.......I'm itching to kill but I don't have a gun. I'll just play in the sandbox instead".

The point is you made a declarative statement, and the FACT is no one knows what he would have done if mommy's arsenal was locked up. Just like we don't know how many of these have already been prevented by locked up firearms.

The fact of the matter is, we shouldn't make it easy for crazies to commit mass murder. We should make it harder, much harder.

And if that mean poor trampled upon gun owner is REQUIRED by law to keep their assault rifles under lock and key, so be it.

This fuckbag couldn't have done the damage he did had he only had mommy's saturday night special. ASSAULT WEAPONS NEED TO BE REGULATED MUCH TOUGHER THAN HAND GUNS PEOPLE KEEP IN HOME FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION.

They should be harder to get, and special safety training and security measures required if we're not going to ban the god damned things outright.

And YOU brought up the car analogy. Of course it's a silly argument.

There is no magic answer. We need a comprehensive approach.

Regulation
              Training
              Safety
              Insurance

as well as BETTER ACCESS TO MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS.

/rant
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Barbara Boxer is submitting a bill to have the National Guard stationed at the schools. What the fuck? What country is this? What year is this? That is totally insane. I would not have wanted to go to any school with the national guard nor would I send my child to one. The schools are already totally fenced in and many with metal detectors & locked gates. Add armed uniformed guards & they start looking like little concentration camps.....

...and since everyone is diagnosed nowadays with ADD & ADHD we know concentration is the last thing happening there.

It's okay to protect our banks, our airports,and our sports stadiums with armed police, but NOT our kids schools?

Why the fuck not?

Helluva lot better than those wackjobs on the right calling for armed TEACHERS

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                  It's okay to protect our banks, our airports,and our sports stadiums with armed police, but NOT our kids schools?

Why the fuck not?

Helluva lot better than those wackjobs on the right calling for armed TEACHERS

I don't like either idea. What happens when a guard goes nuts? It's happened before. What happens when a teacher goes nuts? Would you be shocked if a teacher shot up his/her own classroom? Probably, yet we aren't shocked when a teacher cums on cookies & feeds them to his students (Los Angeles - Mark Berndt).

You think freedom looks like schools with security fencing & armed guards just like a prison? It's disgusting we are even entertaining the thought.

I've been hearing a commercial for this wristwatch for your kids to wear. Lets you track them, alarms if removed, and alarms if they go outside whatever set perimeter you make. Then off to the prison camp looking school with armed guards. Make sure we control what food they are allowed to bring in to the schools. No snack foods, processed foods, chips, cookies, or sodas.

What the fuck has happened to this country?

We can't protect every person from every danger. And what freedoms are we giving up in the name of protection? Very dark days are ahead indeed.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

What if? What if?

Okay, let's get rid of police all together then.... lol

It's ok armed men guard your money, but not your kids.

wow

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

And what freedoms are we giving up in the name of protection? Very dark days are ahead indeed.
                      WTF are you talking about?

What "freedoms" are we giving up by having trained professionals guard our kids?

jesus christ

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Arming teachers right now is just plain silly. I could get into that more, but just don't want to right now. I understand the thinking behind it, but don't really want my children in class all day with a Gun Range warrior. I've seen a few of those over the years, and...well...no thanks...

Now, having a presence in the school of folks who are armed, and trained to be armed...AND have in the field training, whether it be in the military or as a law officer? That's a whole different story...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          Arming teachers right now is just plain silly. I could get into that more, but just don't want to right now. I understand the thinking behind it, but don't really want my children in class all day with a Gun Range warrior. I've seen a few of those over the years, and...well...no thanks...

Now, having a presence in the school of folks who are armed, and trained to be armed...AND have in the field training, whether it be in the military or as a law officer? That's a whole different story...
                          ...and you could absolutely do it in a manner that allows schools not to look like a penitentiary...

With PR that schools will have an armed presence, you could even do it in a plain clothes fashion, like air marshalls...as long as the PR was out there. That's the key.

People are missing out on the culture that's created out there...and how it would change with...well...change...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Arming teachers right now is just plain silly.
                            Especially when this case is most likely a mental health issue with Big Pharma mostly to blame...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

...and you could absolutely do it in a manner that allows schools not to look like a penitentiary...

With PR that schools will have an armed presence, you could even do it in a plain clothes fashion, like air marshalls...as long as the PR was out there. That's the key.

People are missing out on the culture that's created out there...and how it would change with...well...change...

I know around here not only are there VA Beach police officers at the majority of middle and high schools daily, but their squad cars are parked right near the front door....

Of course, that gets into a funding issue for the schools....

And with the schools' budgets already strapped, they would need funding to provide that....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Stop spending all of our money on wars and nation building...

And outlaw big pharma's monopoly on psychiatric medicine...

it's a dangerous scam...

Comment

Working...