Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I don't know anything about accessing mental illness resources in the States, so can't comment on that. However, the STIGMA attached to mental illness also has to be reduced. We need to start treating people with mental illness the same way we do physical so we can have open dialogue. Think about it...if you're diagnosed with a physical illness you don't hide in shame. You tell people, you discuss it, you research treatment options. Diagnosed with mental illness you do the opposite, because you know how people will treat you if you admit to being "crazy". What would the reaction be here if someone said they were bi-polar or had some sort of mental disorder...they'd be vilified. But if they mentioned a physical disorder "we're here for you man".

As for comparing guns to cars, etc...ridiculous. Same with using Mexico as an example. What about Canada? We have gun control, and we have far fewer gun related deaths. The mass shootings that have occurred here have also in most cases been illegal handguns smuggled in from the States. I think it's a pretty simple math equation. More guns = more gun deaths, and vice-versa. And BOF, it's much easier to subdue a knife weilding maniac than it is someone armed to the teeth...
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Angel
      I think it's a pretty simple math equation. More guns = more gun deaths, and vice-versa.
      You think wrong...

Look up the FBI's own statistics...

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        You think wrong...

Look up the FBI's own statistics...
        I'll look at ours and compare them to yours, thank you very much...
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Of course, that gets into a funding issue for the schools....

And with the schools' budgets already strapped, they would need funding to provide that....
          Then that's what's broke.

Shit, it wouldn't be hard to set up schools as a "police station," since in many states, they are both state paid/funded jobs.

As per the mental health issue...I have a whole bunch to say about that with regards to how it relates to schools...but that's not for this thread...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I have no problem with the mentally ill. Just the ones who want to go on a killing spree. Throw them into the nut-house and lock the door I say. As for military style assault weapons, the only people who should have them are the military, nuff' said! Besides, if you need to own a military style assault weapons before an imminent invasion, then your just not being creative enough. What, like a hunting rifle or revolver isn't sufficient enough. Just kill whatever enemy (i.e. China) is on your shores, steal their assault weapon and make a funny sign afterwards like in "Die Hard"...

now-i-have-a-machine-gun-die-hard.jpg

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I'll look at ours and compare them to yours, thank you very much...
              You would wanna...

And stop making stuff up...

Comment

• Angel
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

You would wanna...

And stop making stuff up...
                Just what did I "make up"?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Especially when this case is most likely a mental health issue with Big Pharma mostly to blame...
                  What's your source for this? You keep repeating this shit with no actual facts or documentation. You're just making shit up based on some prefabricated world view. Only a few know what he was on for sure, if he took any drugs at all...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Stop spending all of our money on wars and nation building...

And outlaw big pharma's monopoly on psychiatric medicine...

it's a dangerous scam...
                    Dude, is Tom Cruise sticking it in your poop-hole?

Big pharma and psychiatry are hardly perfect. But you're repeating the same Scientology ad hominum attack line of mostly hyperbole and bullshit...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

He's projecting...

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        What's your source for this? You keep repeating this shit with no actual facts or documentation. You're just making shit up based on some prefabricated world view. Only a few know what he was on for sure, if he took any drugs at all...
                        ....ironic that Elbow just told me to stop making things up, isn't it?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

....ironic that Elbow just told me to stop making things up, isn't it?
                          Or maybe just sad...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Only a few know what he was on for sure, if he took any drugs at all...
                            And we should find out soon enough, unless it's a black op and it will of course be covered up...

Much like the guy in the woods and the maroon van that left the scene with one of the rear windows shot out...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Dude, is Tom Cruise sticking it in your poop-hole?

Big pharma and psychiatry are hardly perfect. But you're repeating the same Scientology ad hominum attack line of mostly hyperbole and bullshit...
                              That's bullshit...

Dude, something must be wrong with your head...

You're a smart guy, but you believe too much bullshit...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Stop playing dumb, stupid hoser...

You said more guns equals more crime and vice versa...

And that's complete made up bullshit...

Comment

Working...