• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      You have 2 hours of amazing shit ahead of you.

Even now.

Imagine hearing it in the 70s when they did it?

It now occurs to me that you and some other folk maybe thought flappo was making up his own stuff rather than just lifting it from this - I thought everyone of an age had heard it.

Hmmm...
      Yeah, I'm surprised at how dirty it is. As far as hearing them, I was born in 70 so I guess being over here I somehow missed it. I think the first time I saw Dudley was in Foul Play. The guy had incredible timing and he made it look effortless.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This may amuse you...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Yeah, I'm surprised at how dirty it is. As far as hearing them, I was born in 70 so I guess being over here I somehow missed it. I think the first time I saw Dudley was in Foul Play. The guy had incredible timing and he made it look effortless.
          Peter Cook was a genius.

We used to huddle around tapes of this stuff in the late 80s, apparently bands like Led Zepplin did in the 70s and paid for these illicit tapes to become albums. It's edgy now, hard to imagine what it sounded like then...

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Well, I had no idea who Derek and Clive were. And I love Dudley Moore. Jesus, how could I not know about that?
            Remind you to send you the 3 albums & the film.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I'm watching the film now. Fucking hilarious. I see now why I always loved Moore: he entertains himself and that's the best comedy. Cook is the perfect straight man. I do hope they get half lit before then end of the movie.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Peter Cook was a genius.
                Yes, he was.

But it sounds to me like he was also a bit of an asshole to Dudley in the second & third albums.

There's a bit in the film where you can see Dudley is genuinely pissed off. However, Peter knew all of Dudley's weak spots, so when Dudley was about to levae he had him crying tears of laughter in seconds.

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

I'm watching the film now. Fucking hilarious. I see now why I always loved Moore: he entertains himself and that's the best comedy. Cook is the perfect straight man. I do hope they get half lit before then end of the movie.
                  On one of the albums they're completely pissed. British pissed. Fucked up drunk.

I don't remember if it's the second or third.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

I recently had to introduce some guys at work to Derek and Clive , they lost their mind they couldn't believe people were doing this type of material at that time , very edgy stuff.
                    And I do think cook had that very clever/very mean thing going on, I wouldn't like to be on the end of his sense of humour that's for sure.

When I played them jump they were like we know this man it's van halen and am like shut the fuck up and listen. "Laugh we nearly shat" is the line when something amuses you now
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Just finished the picture. It was awesome. Moore continued to entertain himself and Cook kept playing the straight man and set up the jokes.

I thought I cussed a lot. Those guys said cunt and fuck more in less than two hours than I say in a whole fuckin week.

Moore would fit right in here. It's too bad he kicked off.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Well, I had no idea who Derek and Clive were. And I love Dudley Moore. Jesus, how could I not know about that?
                        OMG. I used to have a Derek and Clive album. I almost forgot about them!
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Never heard of them.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
                            Yes, he was.

But it sounds to me like he was also a bit of an asshole to Dudley in the second & third albums.
                            He resented Dudley leaving him and going off to become a star in US movies.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Never heard of them.
                              You don't say.
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

He resented Dudley leaving him and going off to become a star in US movies.
                                Well. At least he got to play a part in the smash hit film "One Foot in the Algarve", though I'm not really sure they meant to hire Peter Cook, because it seems the part had been meant for Peter Sellers.

Still, it wasn't his fault they got confused & at his age, the money must've been welcome.

Funny how there used to be such an abundance of talent back then that people like him ended up nearly forgotten by the time they were 50.

Conversely, those who hit it big just a decade later in the very late 70s/early 80s got a free ride after a couple years of work because not only there was much more exposition, but talent began to dwindle alarmingly.

Yeah, funny.

Comment

Working...