• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Silly, knives are banned in the UK
    Switchblades and double-edged knives have been banned in MA for years (Same charge as possessing a sawed-off shotgun). A few years ago there was so many stabbings in and around Boston they threw the idea of banning knife sales in the city. I think they missed the point.
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
      The Mayor of Boston was there with him and got massive coverage talking about how great this would be. And especially today when two cops got shot, he went into overdrive about this. Somebody forgot to tell him MA has MUCH tougher laws in place than what Obama is pushing. And since they've been put in place, gun violence has skyrocketed here. Anti-gunners blame surrounding states for having "Soft" gun laws, but their stats have gone down. So where is the finger pointed next?
      Well the finger sure as hell won't be pointed at the goddamn criminals who are carrying out the crimes. Funny thing is, we could ban all gun sales tomorrow and confiscate all the guns and the criminals would still be better armed than the police.

Not me though. I like my perfectly legally purchased weapons. And I ain't about to give them up or stop buying guns. And somehow, in almost 40 years of owning guns, those guns have managed to hurt exactly no one. Because I'm not a criminal or a nut case. And if I was one of those two I'd still be able to buy all the guns I wanted just by going to the bad part of town and flashing some cash. Ubama's new ATF guidelines wouldn't be a problem.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Switchblades and double-edged knives have been banned in MA for years (Same charge as possessing a sawed-off shotgun). A few years ago there was so many stabbings in and around Boston they threw the idea of banning knife sales in the city. I think they missed the point.
        We can't carry switchblades either. Spring assisted folding knives are fine. But you get caught with a switchblade here and you is fuckee fuckeed. Never mind that I can open my non spring assisted knife almost as fast as a switchblade. But laws are laws and I follow the law. For now, lol

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like I said, in MA we have all that and more. And It only gets worse for legal owners. Since 1976 Ma has had a zero-tolerance law--get caught with a pistol without a permit and you get a year in jail. Up till a few years ago (when I stopped keeping track) NOBODY EVER served the year...Not ONE. So you tell me...where does the problem lie??
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Like I said, in MA we have all that and more. And It only gets worse for legal owners. Since 1976 Ma has had a zero-tolerance law--get caught with a pistol without a permit and you get a year in jail. Up till a few years ago (when I stopped keeping track) NOBODY EVER served the year...Not ONE. So you tell me...where does the problem lie??
            Open carry is legal here. So if you pass a background check to obtain a pistol purchase permit and then want to go around like Wyatt Earp - go for it. And guess what? Lots of people DO openly carry pistols. And it's not a problem. Most people never bat an eye at it. That's just how it is down here. And I like the fact that open carry is legal. And we have over half a million people in this state with concealed carry permits.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think the crazy nuts thing about all of this is that short of a complete ban on firearms is that all of you upstanding citizens would still have your guns anyway so worst case scenario is that some other people don't have a killing tool. How bad can that be?

Comment

• Igosplut
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It is here in MA also...But never done, as people are not very well versed in the law, and as the blue-blood north is, they would panic. That said, I don't think it's a good idea because it just creates more problems with the populus...
                Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I think the crazy nuts thing about all of this is that short of a complete ban on firearms is that all of you upstanding citizens would still have your guns anyway so worst case scenario is that some other people don't have a killing tool. How bad can that be?
                  Well it comes down to how it's done. When they talk about not allowing people on the no-fly list to purchase guns it sounds like a good idea on the surface...BUT there is no standard or outline to be added to that list..No oversight or real proof of being unsuitable. These are the standards that some would use in the firearm argument.
                  Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

It is here in MA also...But never done, as people are not very well versed in the law, and as the blue-blood north is, they would panic. That said, I don't think it's a good idea because it just creates more problems with the populus...
                    You know better than I do since you live there. So it's probably a good thing that most people there don't open carry. And I believe each state should have the right to decide if open carry should be legal and I support whatever decision the people of each state makes.

Comment

• Igosplut
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The North-East is not the culture to do that. People have to have half a brain about it's precieved by the masses. Working against yourself, and picking your fights so to speak.
                      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

See, you miss the point of Ubama's new ATF guidelines - they don't prevent ANYBODY from buying a firearm. All it does is leave it up to the gubment to decide if YOU are a criminal and illegally sold a gun without telling you what the goddamn law is.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Incidentally for all the tough guys going on about Obama crying and also why I'm sticking my opinion in here too.

20 years ago a cunt did a mass shooting in Scotland with legally owned handguns and killed 15 five year old children and their teacher. I saw the parents in the ER of the kids who had been wounded. When you have seen the faces of the parents of a child who has been shot for no reason then that will change your shitty arguments about the rights of someone to have a weapon that can be hidden blah de fucking blah.

I get that Americans have a weird obsession with guns but I do think it's really fucking off to have a go at black Jesus for getting emotional about dead kids. I still get upset if I think of those parents faces and I was only with them for a minute or two. Seriously get a grip.

What sort of sociopathic monster do you want as president who is so dead inside? Ok Donald would be fine if that's what you want.

So in the UK all handguns were banned even to the point of causing problems for the Olympics. Maybe we've just been lucky but that was the last mass school shooting.

20 years ago.

More people were murdered in the US on Xmas day with guns than in the UK for the whole of 2015.

Comment

• Igosplut
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Depending on your view, the gun debate can be seen in many different ways. The one thing I can tell you is living in a state that have some of the toughest gun laws in the country....That were at the time they were passed...were suppose to make the problem better has in fact made it worse...Much worse. What I'd like is something that works...And the way it is being approached now is not working.
                            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Igosplut
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

And again, Obama's plan is much less than we have in MA. If it works as well (and I don't think it will make one bit of difference) for the country as it has for MA then God help us.
                              Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Incidentally for all the tough guys going on about Obama crying and also why I'm sticking my opinion in here too.

20 years ago a cunt did a mass shooting in Scotland with legally owned handguns and killed 15 five year old children and their teacher. I saw the parents in the ER of the kids who had been wounded. When you have seen the faces of the parents of a child who has been shot for no reason then that will change your shitty arguments about the rights of someone to have a weapon that can be hidden blah de fucking blah.

I get that Americans have a weird obsession with guns but I do think it's really fucking off to have a go at black Jesus for getting emotional about dead kids. I still get upset if I think of those parents faces and I was only with them for a minute or two. Seriously get a grip.

What sort of sociopathic monster do you want as president who is so dead inside? Ok Donald would be fine if that's what you want.

So in the UK all handguns were banned even to the point of causing problems for the Olympics. Maybe we've just been lucky but that was the last mass school shooting.

20 years ago.

More people were murdered in the US on Xmas day with guns than in the UK for the whole of 2015.
                                Where were the tears when Americans got their heads chopped off on video?

I'm not a "tough guy" - I'm just a regular dude. But that sumbitch can't muster even ONE tear for Americans having their heads sliced off? That motherfucker goes out and plays golf after an American citizen gets his head cut the fuck off and then stands up there and fake cries over kids AND says he's gonna fix it by changing the ATF guidelines that have ZERO effect on anyone other than allowing his justice department to decide who is a criminal without defining the law?? And he continually lies about how anyone can buy anything they want online. He's a lying sack of shit. Again, you can't purchase a gun online without having it shipped to an FFL and then you MUST undergo a background check when you go to pick it up. Fuck him.

There isn't ONE gun owner here who wants nutcase psychos to be able to buy guns.

Comment

Working...