Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SensibleShoes

Alcoholism runs in my family and I'm BLESSED not to have it - I've done genealogy back to the Revolutionary war and there's evidence that it was going on back that far. Scary shit.

I told somebody just this week who melted down and was abusing prescription drugs that his problem is a disease, and he will relapse occasionally. But if you're a diabetic and you screw up your insulin injections, you have nobody to blame but yourself, and have to get yourself back on track with treatment ASAP. The disease buys you SOME slack, but does not let you off the hook for your family responsibilities and work life. And the rest of us can't be enablers. Yeah that bullshit psycho speak - but if you don't stand up to it, you've got whatever happens coming to you.

Comment

• Mezro
      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
      It's not a disease, It's an addition.
      If you look into it, you'll find it is one of the hardest to beat and the withdrawls of it can be life threatening. Anyway this is too persoanl of an issue fo me, so I guess I'll check out now.
      Not trying to open wounds Fab and not in any way trying to attack you personally.

Mezro...whatever your situation is I hope it all works/or has worked out...
      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Not taking it that way Mez, no worries...

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SensibleShoes
          Alcoholism runs in my family and I'm BLESSED not to have it
          With all due respect, your 14 years old.

How do you know you couldn't develop it later in life?

Comment

• SensibleShoes

You're right Warf. Maybe we'll see if we can foster its growth at Universal!!!!!

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
              Not taking it that way Mez, no worries...
              Good...because the new and improved Fab has been nothing but an absolute joy to communicate with.

Mezro...feel like Jerry Springer with his final thought...

Comment

• Chris
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

The closest example we have of what a sober EVH would be like, is Alex Van Halen. And he's an even bigger dick then Ed. So I don't buy the alcohol is the only problem arguement.

Is it part of the problem?

Yeah, but not the whole problem.

With regard to the ulimate debate, it's never been about Dave versus Sam. It's been about Dave versus Ed.

When Dave was in VH he was an equal partner, and had a big say in the direction they went. If you read some of the things Eddie has said about Dave, it almost looks like Dave called most of the shots. And look where he took them, right to the top in every way. When Dave left, Ed and Al took complete charge of the band. And Sammy was and is, nothing more than a hired gun. Even Mike was left as an employee after Dave left.

And let's look at where Eddie has led the band to. From an album a year, to four albums in ten years. And each one they have released has sold less and less. By my count, since 1996 the band has released one studio album and changed singers four times.

Just take a look at what finally got Sammy fired?

No more than standing up to Eddie on the greatest hits deal.

And therin lies the problem. Dave won't return unless he's an equal partner in every way. Because HE KNOWS, that Eddie isn't capable of managing his own affairs, let alone the bands. And Eddie will never make Dave an equal partner.
                Last edited by Chris; 11-20-2004, 06:08 PM.

Comment

• SensibleShoes

Hey, I'm on dial up and haven't been on today since about 7 am. Did anybody confirm the story? going thru nine pages is going to make me nuts right now.

No cracks about that please

Comment

• Vivian Campbell
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                    I don't feel sorry for him.

If Ed is too much of a weak, destructive asshole to put the bottle down then fuck him.

I am tired of people hand holding/coddling/enabling drug addicts and alcoholics. All the excuses in the world don't change one simple fact: alcoholism is a weakness not a fucking illness.

I love people that belly up to the bar night in and night out, light up a butt and tell the world about all the great things they plan on doing. This is the catfish element of society; bottom feeders who exist on shit and scum (and my tax dollars of course).

Ed, you are a fucking failure as a human being and a disgrace as a father. Drunk bum/piece of shit. Someday your money will run out, your hands will shake and your playing days will be over. What will you do then?

Mezro...losers will always find excuses and excuses will always find losers...
                    Five Stars! That was right on the money.

Ed had to choose to pick up that bottle. No one forced him, possibly someone suggested it, but he has the God-given REASON to REFUSE to indulge in things that could serious hurt his life. He sobered up once, he can do it again. I have faith he can do it. He needs to get out of the business for a while and get away from the yes crowd. Thats the only way he will be able to sort things out and reclaim his soul.

There's always God....
                    The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• Onofrio
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Feb 2004

I just read the news and all I can say is "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!! Finally a fitting end to the abhorration that was van hagar. Good fucking riddance. Diamond David Lee Roth is the King of Rock 'N' Roll!

Comment

• Mezro
                        Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
                        Five Stars! That was right on the money.

Five stars right back at you!

Mezro...because I'm a DIO fan too...

Comment

• Bootyac
                          Groupie
                          • Apr 2004

Eddie cant carry Vai's jock..
                          http://home.comcast.net/~scabass/maiden1.gif

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Your a bunch of Siskel and Ebert motherfuckers, ain't ya!!!!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                              You know exactly where I am coming from bob.

Then you have friends of drunks or people who are dating/married to them. They blow the "disease" trumpet hard to convince themselves that their partner isn't a waste. "Oh, he has a terrible disease and can't work. Yeah he beats me but it is his illness!" Horseshit!

Women that stay with drunks are fucking losers too. No self esteem, no confidence, no exit strategy..zero.

It is a sad fucking world and I am glad that I don't slum in a state of mind others call home.

Mezro...a moth loves that flame until is bursts into flame...
                              Mezro, you know I dig you, but it is not a FACT that alcoholism is a weakness. That is your opinion and I respect it. But, I think there may be things you don't know.

I have researched this disease. And I am enabling no one. People are born alcoholics, that has been proven scientifically. They don't suddenly become alcoholics because they pick up a drink. And they are still alcoholics years after they put the last drink down. The desire to drink heavily is a symptom of a chemical imbalance. The disease starts out more as a mental illness/obsession/compulsion and eventually becomes physical as the person becomes addicted to the substance.

I do agree that alcoholics who do not seek help are weak. And anyone who hits their spouse is weak. Alcoholic or not.
                              I also agree that anyone who uses the "excuse" that this is a disease, to continue drinking is weak.

Last edited by diamondsgirl; 11-20-2004, 08:08 PM.
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I still haven't seen anything in the mainstream media about this. Not to be skeptical, but if fucking Vanilla Ice made the entertainment news today, why didn't Ed's rampage?

Comment

Working...