Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
    I doubt this incident will get much coverage in the media. The media has [...]As for a verification of this story, I've visited the links and a number of long time, well known members there are confirming what happened.
    how could I miss to give you the big 5, bro...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm sure no one would risk libel by suggesting Ed was pig drunk; and these reviewers don't know enough about the bands to know if smashing a guitar isn't a routine thing. That chick is talking about an Eddie Van Halen solo, and all she can say is his muscles were sure flexed. Yeah, her opinion is valuable.
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Halen High
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

Cheers mate!

Here's a long overdue one right back at ya!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What makes you even think these lazy ass reviewers even stayed for the show? They probably take the press release home early from Van Hagar's management team and right a stock concert review (Notice how they usually sound the same?)and leave early so they can go out and get ecstacy at the local rave.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            What makes you even think these lazy ass reviewers even stayed for the show? They probably take the press release home early from Van Hagar's management team and right a stock concert review (Notice how they usually sound the same?)and leave early so they can go out and get ecstacy at the local rave.
            that's the routine...I experienced that myself several times...
            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Northern Girl
              I'm sure no one would risk libel by suggesting Ed was pig drunk; and these reviewers don't know enough about the bands to know if smashing a guitar isn't a routine thing. That chick is talking about an Eddie Van Halen solo, and all she can say is his muscles were sure flexed. Yeah, her opinion is valuable.
              Well, we have seen PLENTY of bad press on this gig. Plenty of "Ed is a sloppy Drunk" I hardly doubt they'd decide to hold back NOW. Besides, you can only sue if it's NOT TRUE and you can prove it.

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

Alright, I was there, front row, dead damn center.........quit laughing

Yes, he busted his guitar, and he was shitfaced drunk. The guitar smashing thing didn't strike me as odd, after the show, I got the feeling that may have been planned b/c of the Peavey shit. It was the other things I saw that struck me as odd.

1. Ed and Sam clearly were not getting along, Sam was clearly aggravated with him no doubt, and Ed was pissed at him, probably b/c of that reason. Ed was falling and laying down half of the time, and Sam would try to help him, but Ed would blow him off, "back off" and all of that shit.

2. Ed had a bottle of wine he emptied at soundcheck, he was beyond hammered.

3. No interaction at all between Ed and Mike, I mean none. I was up front, watching Ed the whole show.

I'm not gonna speculate, I saw what I saw, but in my personal opinion, it wouldn't shock me if that was the end period for VH. I hope Ed can get himself straightned out.
                The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Northern Girl
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                  Well, we have seen PLENTY of bad press on this gig. Plenty of "Ed is a sloppy Drunk"
                  In concert reviews? Really? I'm surprised. But then I don't read Van Hagar reviews, so I wouldn't know.
                  Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                    Alright, I was there, front row, dead damn center.........quit laughing

Yes, he busted his guitar, and he was shitfaced drunk. The guitar smashing thing didn't strike me as odd, after the show, I got the feeling that may have been planned b/c of the Peavey shit. It was the other things I saw that struck me as odd.

1. Ed and Sam clearly were not getting along, Sam was clearly aggravated with him no doubt, and Ed was pissed at him, probably b/c of that reason. Ed was falling and laying down half of the time, and Sam would try to help him, but Ed would blow him off, "back off" and all of that shit.

2. Ed had a bottle of wine he emptied at soundcheck, he was beyond hammered.

3. No interaction at all between Ed and Mike, I mean none. I was up front, watching Ed the whole show.

I'm not gonna speculate, I saw what I saw, but in my personal opinion, it wouldn't shock me if that was the end period for VH. I hope Ed can get himself straightned out.
                    thanks for the info...5 stars for you...and for going to the concert...repeat after me:

IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH !!!
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Rebel
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Feb 2004

LOL, well, many of the people I met referred to me as a "Rothtard" at the show b/c I kept mentioning how much better it could have been. I'm not gonna jump in on the speculation like I said, ain't my style, but I just wanted to tell what I saw since there was a thread on here about it.
                      The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rebel
                        LOL, well, many of the people I met referred to me as a "Rothtard" at the show b/c I kept mentioning how much better it could have been. I'm not gonna jump in on the speculation like I said, ain't my style, but I just wanted to tell what I saw since there was a thread on here about it.
                        I'd be honored getting referred as a "rothtard" at a van hagar show...
                        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Switch84
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Hahahaa!!! Dave NOT trying to get press, gets write-ups all over the WORLD! Eddie Van Breakdown, trying desperately to be relevent, then melts down onstage gets absolutely NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!

:p I was right, Fab Grrlfriend! LMAO!
                          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                            Hahahaa!!! Dave NOT trying to get press, gets write-ups all over the WORLD! Eddie Van Breakdown, trying desperately to be relevent, then melts down onstage gets absolutely NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!
                            and he'll be back to "cave-mode" for the next years...
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Switch84
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              and he'll be back to "cave-mode" for the next years...

LOL! He'll have the Heineken trucks pulling up to the homefront like a convoy, the drunken bastard.
                              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Switch84
                                LOL! He'll have the Heineken trucks pulling up to the homefront like a convoy, the drunken bastard.
                                I'm really afraid that the next "news" we get to hear from ed could have a black frame...
                                Roth Army Icon

Comment

Working...