Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Bullithead tears my head off !! I would love to see them do that over. But I don't think that will happen.

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

I'm listening to Babe Don't Leave Me Alone right now. Makes me really wonder what the other 12 songs will be...
      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Unchainme
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2005

House of Pain

the demo is so much better than the 1984 cut.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

agreed
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
            Eyes of the Night
            Put Out The Lights
            Babe Don't Leave Me Alone
            Let's Get Rockin'
            Get This Show On The Road

might be a little weird if they did Young and Wild
            Get The Show On The Road is doubtful, since it pretty much evolved into Romeo Delight......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

eh, just that couple lines, they can replace it ... or leave it for all I care, I like it.
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly never cared for She's The Woman, and I hope it's not on the new album. There are so many other better, rocking, unreleased tunes by VH other than that particular one.

Comment

• gbranton
                  Veteran
                  • Aug 2005

I'm sort of doubting She's The Woman will even be on the new album.
                  "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DlocRoth
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                    I'm sort of doubting She's The Woman will even be on the new album.
                    Nice take and entirely possible.
                    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Of course SHE'S THE WOMAN is on the new album. Why else would they have played it? Was the arrangement changed? If so, it means they put the work into recording it (removing the MEAN STREET section and putting something else in).

I always loved that song...hopefully, it's finally gracing a VH album. Always thought it was a good choice if they were going to dig out old tunes (though BIG TROUBLE is an even more obvious choice).
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Just listening to it now. The new bridge is sweet. The song sounds great. Wolfie is really playing well too.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                          Just listening to it now. The new bridge is sweet. The song sounds great. Wolfie is really playing well too.
                          I was just admiring his improved chops myself. The kid sounds very good...it's nice to actually HEAR the bass again on a Van Halen song...

Comment

• righthereisay
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Jul 2004

My dream would be Just What You Wanted, Peace of Mind, We Die Bold, Get the Show on the Road,...basically almost all of them. All cleaned up and recorded with the Van Halen 1 equipment and Ted Templeman producing.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I'd much rather hear freshly penned tune, to be honest. I fear that re-recording old demos could end up sounding like pastiche.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                I'd much rather hear freshly penned tune, to be honest. I fear that re-recording old demos could end up sounding like pastiche.
                                I agree, I'm happy with the Zero demos and would rather discover real new stuff.
                                I'd be disappointed if they only emptied the drawers.
                                If "She's the woman" is in the album (dig the kickass funk-rock riff, really dig that vibe
                                in the early stuff, and in tunes like "Little guitars" or "Drop dead legs", or even "House
                                of pain") it'll be OK for me, but not more than this one, as it's novelty I'm craving for
                                from VH.

Anyway, the dice have already been cast, and I'll take whatever is in the record -
                                I'd even take it if it was just all about Irish jig covers!
                                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...