Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Boy, that guy gets around... That's the same fucker that stole all of our "exclusive" videos....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

...what is there to bitch about?

I'm not too huge on "Tattoo"..but "She's the woman" has me psyched like a motherfucker. Van FUCKING Halen is back bitches.

Only thing that can top this is if they fucking released every video in their vaults INCLUDING the UNCUT OAKLAND FOOTAGE!
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
        Veteran
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
        Oh my God, you've heard 30 fucking seconds. If you heard the first 30 seconds of PUSH COMES TO SHOVE when sampling FAIR WARNING, you'd have thought the whole album probably a failure.

30 seconds says absolutely fucking nothing.
        Hi Rikk! The first 30 seconds of that tune is one of my most fav VH moments. Does it seem cold in here to you?

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Fat Sammy
          Hi Rikk! The first 30 seconds of that tune is one of my most fav VH moments. Does it seem cold in here to you?
          Oh, I love it now. When I first heard it, I remember thinking, "What is this, disco?" Then I heard the rest of the song and it grew on me. As time went on, Dave's rap and the funky backbeat made me love it.

My point was, first impressions are deceiving.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
            Veteran
            • Feb 2005

Oh, I love it now. When I first heard it, I remember thinking, "What is this, disco?" Then I heard the rest of the song and it grew on me. As time went on, Dave's rap and the funky backbeat made me love it.

My point was, first impressions are deceiving.
            For sure. It's hard to sum them up without the big picture. PCTS is a perfect example of what I love about CVH. If you were to listen to the music without vocals it would make little sense, it's so abstract. Dave's voice ties everything together. Hope this new one is like that. I dig the more offbeat weirder stuff

Comment

• redfire
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Think 'Angel Eyes' will make it on there?
              Great call. I forgot about Angel Eyes. That was one of the first unreleased songs I found on Napster 12-13 years ago.
              Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

I am about to go out to the local bar and drop a Benjamin on VH with one of those searchables. We going to find "She's the Woman" and make them all pay.

Roth On Boy and Girls.

As they say in Half Baked "I'm Out!".
                Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-07-2012, 02:58 AM. Reason: You Bet.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• redfire
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

The more i listen to that clip, the more I hear the verse from Down in Flames. That said, you can't base an opinion on a 30 second as others have said, but remember we're not hearing the payoff-the chorus to this song's build up. The climax to a build is what can really draw you into a song. So I'll wait my 3 days before I start freaking out.
                  Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• houseofpain
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2005

Angel Eyes and Voodoo Queen
                    EAT US AND SMILE!
                    LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
                    DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• VOODOO_King
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jan 2012

I think we know enough about Dave that we know this isn't an Eddie solo project. It was probably Dave that wanted the band to dust off a few old tracks.

Jesus, quit complaining. The band has a new album out...it's now practically guaranteed to have the vibe of the early years...Dave is excited, I'm excited.

You're looking for things to whine about.
                      I agree.

It amazes me that people have bitched for so long that Van Halen wasn't doing anything. They're not releasing a CD. They're not touring. They're not giving the fans what they want. Now, they're getting ready to release a new CD and start a new tour and all of these people are nitpicking the shit out of everything they can think of before the CD is even released. "She's the Woman" has new lyrics and a new bridge. Tattoo is the main riff from "Down In Flames", but you've only heard 30 seconds of it. How the fuck do you know how the whole song is going to sound? How do you know how many songs are old demos? How do you know the other 11 songs suck? And people wonder why Eddie doesn't go out of his way to appease the fans? You guys want to dictate what you're going to get from the band and if it's not what you "thought" they were going to release, you bitch. If they disappoint you this much, then stop buying their stuff and unsub from the "fan" forums. Criticism is one thing, but this bashing of material you haven't even heard yet is unbearable. If they released a whole new CD of stuff that was like the "III" CD with Dave on vocals you'd be bitching about that. If they wrote a bunch of love songs you'd bitch about that. They brought back the classic VH tunes from their early years and revamped them for 2012 and you're bitching about that. Why don't you call Ed and send him the sheet music for the songs you want him to record and then we'll all be happy? (Yeah I know he doesn't read music, but you get the point) Fuck...
                      Last edited by VOODOO_King; 01-07-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VOODOO_King
                        I agree.

It amazes me that people have bitched for so long that Van Halen wasn't doing anything. They're not releasing a CD. They're not touring. They're not giving the fans what they want. Now, they're getting ready to release a new CD and start a new tour and all of these people are nitpicking the shit out of everything they can think of before the CD is even released. "She's the Woman" has new lyrics and a new bridge. Tattoo is the main riff from "Down In Flames", but you've only heard 30 seconds of it. How the fuck do you know how the whole song is going to sound? How do you know how many songs are old demos? How do you know the other 11 songs suck? And people wonder why Eddie doesn't go out of his way to appease the fans? You guys want to dictate what you're going to get from the band and if it's not what you "thought" they were going to release, you bitch. If they disappoint you this much, then stop buying their stuff and unsub from the "fan" forums. Criticism is one thing, but this bashing of material you haven't even heard yet is unbearable. If they released a whole new CD of stuff that was like the "III" CD with Dave on vocals you'd be bitching about that. If they wrote a bunch of love songs you'd bitch about that. They brought back the classic VH tunes from their early years and revamped them for 2012 and you're bitching about that. Why don't you call Ed and send him the sheet music for the songs you want him to record and then we'll all be happy? (Yeah I know he doesn't read music, but you get the point) Fuck...
                        Nice post. Couldn't agree more.

VAN HALEN fans have had plenty of times to be furious and fed up. This is not one of those times.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• K-tuna
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2012

I'm hoping the main riff for " Show No Mercy / Get Off My Back/ No more waiting " is on the new album somewhere. Theres so much groove to that, that Dime would be proud.

"I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Rikk & VOODOO_King- Right on! K-tuna- I hope so, too.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Ok....I heard the clip of "Tattoo".......am I crazy for being psyched that Ed's guitar has completely gotten away from that B.S over the top wawa "balance" tone? Is it just me or does it sound like Ed's back to throwing razor blades at our ears? You can't listen to the new album and expect it to sound like something Ted Templeman produced 35 years ago. Different technologies, different equipment, and musicians evolve over time. The original 6 pack sound will never be re-captured....that was lightining in a friggin bottle but as long as the new shit rocks....I'm happy. It's only a 30 second clip of a new song, but I have no problems with it at all.....just my two cents. I know those clowns at Melodic Rock had a track listing for the new album, and if Bullethead is on there....damn...that makes me happy. I'm hoping it's mostly an album of completey new material, but if it's re-worked tunes like Wild fire, eyes of the night, honolulu baby, big trouble, woman in love...etc....I'll still be happy as a pig in shit. Let's not forget the doldrums this band is crawling out of since 1985!!!

Comment

• K-tuna
                                Groupie
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by if6was9
                                Since you insist

I've listened very carefully to the bass in both versions of "She's the Woman". It's almost the same line (not identical but very close). On the one hand this is understandable since this is an old track. On the other hand, this is a new version from 2012, so I was expecting an input from the new member of the band.

Which leads me to the question: how much of Wolf is there in the basslines and how much of Ed? Is Wolf a full-fledged member of VH or is he playing only what Ed tells him to play? I certainly hope it's the first option, mostly because I don't want this album to be another Eddie's solo project. We've heard enough of his "solo" 5150 music in the last 20 years.
                                Respectfully, not sure what you are wanting here.

In some posts you seem not to want rehashed old stuff, then you slam the newer stuff Ed did.

We're not in the studio, we don't know what they're thinking, but in the case of " Shes the Woman", its a great riff , but they obviously faced the challenge that there's a part of " mean street" in the original. I know theres a lot of purists here ( don't mean that negatively) , but the fact is, this incarnation is not and never will be the one from the late 1970s.

Ed isn't playing Marshalls, has several incarnations of his own guitars ...he didn't sound like the 1970s brown sound on "5150"nor did he sound like 5150 on "F@CK" when he had his own guitars and Peavey 5150 amp, and he didn't sound like that on " Up for Breakfast" . ' NOW' theres no Mike, Daves older and his voice cracks when he does higher sounding stuff ( although I still crank" Me Wise Magic "because of that cool low growly approach to the lyrics ----works better for him) and Ed has yet ANOTHER version of his Guitar and Amp sound ( just pointing out its never gonna be exactly the same---it just won't).

Its a different Van Halen, I accept it and hope it will rock in its own way. The Cafe' Wha show sure seemed like a step in the right direction.
                                Last edited by K-tuna; 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM.
                                "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

Working...