• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
    If there were still sides, I mean.
    Yeah, records have had only one side for a long time.

That said, there might be a vinyl issue of the new album, I guess.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
      Then who?
      Ross Hogarth... Where were you, Kristy?
      Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM.
      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
        Ok guys and gals, so I've been a "peeping Tom" here for the last few years checking in on a daily basis for VH news. Let's face it, The Roth Army and VHND seem to be the only sources of credible Van Halen news online. I am proud to say Ijust broke my Roth Army hymen and am now a member of the Roth Army. Completely stoked for the MSG shows. I was able to see them 3 times in 2007-2008. Once on Long Island and twice at MSG...the electricity and vibe at the MSG shows blew away the Long Island show. Unfortunately I was too young to see them in all their glory back in the day. Was fortunate enough to see Diamond Dave on the Eat Em' and Little Ain't Enough tours and on the DLR band tour. Saw "She's the woman" on youtube from Cafe Wha?...Very cool to see after listening to that tune and so many other unreleased for years and years. So many kick ass unreleased tunes from way back when that I wouldn't mind hearing, but honestly I am really hoping to hear a new album with all new material. One unreleased tune I always wanted to hear as a cleaned up studio track would be "Wild Fire". I don't mean to come across as geeky, but damn, I'm friggin psyched for the return of the mighty VH and I'm damn glad to be a part of the Roth Army.
        Welcome, friend. Great time to be a Van Halen fan now.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
          I think it became shtick due to the crowds reaction, but originally (waay back in the day) he may have had the "show on the road" lyrics jumbled up in his head.

This past tour he mixed up ATBL with EWS. I think he only did that at one show. Pretty funny.

whats up Rikk??
          What's up, DG? Great to see you here.

Been wanting to talk to you one of these days. Glad to see you seem to be okay.

Gotta admit, Jer was so on my mind yesterday. He would be grinning from ear to ear reading and writing with us. This is what he (and so many of us) were waiting for.

I gotta add: Happy Birthday to a stellar individual for yesterday.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Thanks Rick.....definitely is a great time to be a VH fan. After all the bs and the two years of waiting around and weeding through all the bogus rumors.....it's almost surreal to think that Van Halen time is finally here!

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
              Thanks Rick.....definitely is a great time to be a VH fan. After all the bs and the two years of waiting around and weeding through all the bogus rumors.....it's almost surreal to think that Van Halen time is finally here!
              Yep. It's definitely NOT "5150 time".

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
                Yep. It's definitely NOT "5150 time".

"Check it out, they're arresting him because he sucks!"

"UHUHUHUHUHHUHUH"

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• if6was9
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2007

Seriously guys, these unreleased tracks were not unreleased without a reason. They sound pretty lame. Telling the truth, most of the early stuff, including Gene's demo, was mediocre. It was Ted Templeman who turned these tracks into real gems that we love so much.

BTW, who produced "A Different Kind of Truth"?
                  Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by if6was9
                    Seriously guys, these unreleased tracks were not unreleased without a reason. They sound pretty lame. Telling the truth, most of the early stuff, including Gene's demo, was mediocre. It was Ted Templeman who turned these tracks into real gems that we love so much.

I kinda disagree. While some of those old boots are a little rough I like that. It was what Van Halen was and hopefully still is. I have no problem with them rehashing old unreleased songs. In fact I think it's pretty cool. She's A Woman is a classic that we are lucky we got to hear at all IMO.

I don't remember who produced the album.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Can't agree with this at all.

There are countless times in history that unreleased tracks SHOULD have come out. Dylan and Springsteen have made a career out of leaving some of their best work off albums and then regretting it later.

There are tracks off the demos that I like more than some of those that got on the albums. I actually prefer SHE'S THE WOMAN, BIG TROUBLE and PUT OUT THE LIGHTS to a few varied tracks from the Six-Pack.

I do not think all the songs on the new album are old songs...but it's nice that a few have been dusted off and given the proper treatment. Gonna be nice to hear SHE'S THE WOMAN with a new bridge and not think in the back of my mind "this is an embryo with part of it being later put in another song".
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

LED ZEPPELIN are the cheif example of releasing "unreleased" tracks.....PHYSICAL GRAFITI is 75% older material..............

Same thinking as RIKK.....1 or 2 old tracks of this CD at the most.....it'll be the stuff they've been working on since the 90's + some newer material......

And hopefully there will be MORE TO COME

Comment

• if6was9
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Rikk
                          I do not think all the songs on the new album are old songs...but it's nice that a few have been dusted off and given the proper treatment. Gonna be nice to hear SHE'S THE WOMAN with a new bridge and not think in the back of my mind "this is an embryo with part of it being later put in another song".
                          Let's hope there is some actually NEW stuff coming up. "She's the Woman" is just an ambryo and it should be left like this. What worries me is the new bridge, much worse than what was later used in "Mean Street". It echoes Sammy and Gary years, especially chord progressions. I don't hear a decent riff in this part, just some pointless noodling.

I have a bad feeling about this.
                          Last edited by if6was9; 01-06-2012, 02:28 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Let's hope there is some actually NEW stuff coming up. "She's the Woman" is just an ambryo and it should be left like this. What worries me is the new bridge, much worse than what was later used in "Mean Street". It echoes Sammy and Gary years, especially chord progressions. I don't hear a decent riff in this part, just some pointless noodling.

Damn. You should post more dude. I like the fact that you are not afraid to speak your mind. No worries man. They spent way too much time fucking around with this album for it not to be good. I also have some concerns but they are waining.

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

We bitch and moan from years that we want them to pull some out of the vault and record them...and this is what we get????? Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth for fucks sake!!!
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• if6was9
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                                Damn. You should post more dude.
                                Since you insist

I've listened very carefully to the bass in both versions of "She's the Woman". It's almost the same line (not identical but very close). On the one hand this is understandable since this is an old track. On the other hand, this is a new version from 2012, so I was expecting an input from the new member of the band.

Which leads me to the question: how much of Wolf is there in the basslines and how much of Ed? Is Wolf a full-fledged member of VH or is he playing only what Ed tells him to play? I certainly hope it's the first option, mostly because I don't want this album to be another Eddie's solo project. We've heard enough of his "solo" 5150 music in the last 20 years.
                                Last edited by if6was9; 01-06-2012, 03:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...