Clear All
  • fourthcoming

EXACTLY K-Tuna

Comment

• if6was9
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by K-tuna
      Ed isn't playing Marshalls, has several incarnations of his own guitars ...he didn't sound like the 1970s brown sound on "5150"nor did he sound like 5150 on "F@CK" when he had his own guitars and Peavey 5150 amp, and he didn't sound like that on " Up for Breakfast" .
      Originally posted by fourthcoming
      EXACTLY K-Tuna
      You noobs seem to know much about Van Hagar era. Please, tell us more about it.
      Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• fourthcoming

Dude I didn't join this site to argue with people.....the only thing I can tell you about the Van Hagar error is that I boycotted the whole fiasco and chose to listen to Eat 'em, Skyscraper, A little ain't enough, Filthy little mouth, and DLR band instead. There are positive vibes all over this site for the first time in a long time. I may be a newbie here bro but I'm trying not to be negative.

Comment

• hain23x
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

If the track listing us true, it is like Diver Down meets Tattoo You meets recent Stones bonus discs.

Couldn't make out the lyrics from the club show-I'm sure they were rewritten just like the others will be.
          Eat Us and Smile!
          Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• if6was9
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2007

There are positive vibes all over this site for the first time in a long time. I may be a newbie here bro but I'm trying not to be negative.
            Everybody here is trying very hard not to be negative about so called "new" tracks. I'm not. I don't like reworked "She's the Woman" and a sample of "Tattoo". Can't help it. These recycled old songs pale in comparison to the 6-pack. They sound flat somehow. There's no energy in them, at least the kind of energy I used to find in CVH.
            Last edited by if6was9; 01-07-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Bro, I understand where your coming from, completely respect your opinion. I was hoping for 13 completely new tunes....I'm hoping this is just the beginning. I will enjoy the re-worked tunes...and hopefully it doesn't take another 100 years for the next album.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by if6was9
                Everybody here is trying very hard not to be negative about so called "new" tracks. I'm not. I don't like reworked "She's the Woman" and a sample of "Tattoo". Can't help it. These recycled old songs pale in comparison to the 6-pack. They sound flat somehow. There's no energy in them, at least the kind of energy I used to find in CVH.
                Eat Shit.

seriously. Eat shit.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• K-tuna
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

You noobs seem to know much about Van Hagar era. Please, tell us more about it.

OK, I know where you're going with it so I'll say it and make it easy for ya---------I dig some of the Van Hagar songs/riffs.... But Daves-era was "THE" VAN HALEN.

So now we've got that outta the way...

No Im not so sure about "TATTOO", Im in IDK mode but "She's the Woman " at Cafe' Wha was just as awesome even without the Mean Street riff.
                  Last edited by K-tuna; 01-07-2012, 01:32 PM.
                  "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

You know what..I'll go the upset direction than this polish fuckbag.

It's GOOD that they're going back to rework their old unused demo songs. You see groups like Motley/Nikki Sixx/Aerosmith/Metallica..often times they'll go the route of trying to sound more modern/radio friendly.

Van Halen ain't trying to do that. Van Halen's not trying to sound like a fucking Nu Metal act, they're trying to sound like that band that we all wanted to hear from.

It's like the Coca Cola formula. YOU. DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. IT. EVER. (and that includes removing cane sugar for corn syrup). That's what Dave, Ed, Wolfie, and Alex get right now.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Anyone slamming the "snippet" of Tattoo and the hard to hear She's The Woman need only do one thing... Go to Carrierclinic.com and get some help. You're obviously depressed and hell bound to never find happiness.

ARE SOME OF YOU NUTS?!?! I can't believe how many times I've seen the word "meh" written in my life! Sit tight and GET READY...!!!!!!!!!

I just listened to the version of STW over at the VHND and I have to say, Wolf's playing is outstanding. Literally!! He is on point with some cool bass chords and just the right amount of flash. Plenty of confidence too.

Now I really can't wait for February.

Comment

• if6was9
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by K-tuna
                        "she's the Woman " at Cafe' Wha was just as awesome without the Mean Street riff.
                        As "awesome" as the original version? I think it was turned into "Mean Street" because it wasn't that awesome.

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        I just listened to the version of STW over at the VHND and I have to say, Wolf's playing is outstanding. Literally!! He is on point with some cool bass chords and just the right amount of flash. Plenty of confidence too.
                        Nope. He's a guitarist who is incidentally playing bass. It's clear if you know anything about bass.
                        Last edited by if6was9; 01-07-2012, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

As "awesome" as the original version? I think it was turned into "Mean Street" because it wasn't that awesome.
                          Who's saying it was as "Awesome" douche bucket?

You're about as enjoyable as a chlamydiae flavored popsicle.

Comment

• K-tuna
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2012

EXACTLY K-Tuna

Thanks
                            "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• if6was9
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              Who's saying it was as "Awesome" douche bucket?
                              Mr K-tuna is

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Think about it this way. Go into your wardrobe and pull out the clothes you loved wearing in 1982. Squeeze into them, and look at yourself in the mirror. No matter how well you've aged, you'll look ridiculous - if VH tried to sound like they did between 78-84, the result would be ridiculous too.

Trying something a little different with the same ingredients - as 'Tattoo' is trying to - gives me hope. The guys have to age, and so does the music.
                                If you're hoping for the 6-pack, you're gonna be dissapointed.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...