X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qikgts
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

I'm wearing out the f5 key looking at this thread...

Let's Get Rockin' with these dates already!!!!
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• VOODOO_King
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jagermeister
      I would think this is all scripted by Interscope. 2pm eastern time is my guess.
      I would agree with that. I'm just curious where the info will appear first. Official websites? Email? Fan sites? I don't care where it's announced first, let's just get it out there! I have to put in for some vacation time and start making reservations!

Comment

• vanhalenuk
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by negative
        Hmmm... Wonder if this information is reliable:
        http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festival...2/lineup.shtml
        Seems to be a rumour site - but im told its normally quite accurate with its speculation.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

It's clearly labeled as a rumor.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Where I am it's 7:00 pm by now - means it's only 1:00 pm in NYC...

If the Tour dates are unveiled at 9:00 pm NYC time for example,
            that'll be 3 am here... Damn!

BTW, I could stand waiting one more week before knowing the date list,
            as the whole year will probably be devoted to the US and Latin America...

Great to see good old familiar members back around here!!!

Some long-time-no-see, even! Panamark, Scottidabody and even Carmine!
            Must be other ones I guess in addition!

Hooray!! Thanks VH for waking up for this too!!!

:bottle:
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• VOODOO_King
              Full On Cocktard
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
              One thing I didnt notice is that when you go to Dave's official site - it's identical to the VH site with the "trailer videos" only that instead of saying Van-Halen.com in the top right corner of the video it says David Lee Roth.com

Interesting.
              Well, since Dave has his own management and VH have their own management, I'm sure there will be some DLR related goodies along the way and some EVH related goodies as well. Remember the '04 tour and Ed wouldn't allow any references to Cabo Wabo or Mike's Hot Sauces? I'm sure there had to be some arrangements with Dave to still be able to be "David Lee Roth" and not just sharing the Van Halen website with them. It's smart to have the similarities, though. It's branding and keeping everything uniform helps with the appearance that this dog and pony show will be organized! ;-)

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                I really did break the lamp, though
                Worst part is now your replacement will have to use one of those lame bulbs instead of the old faithful incandescent. Weak.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  I am sure they will.

Did they sell out MSG last time?
                  Yes they did, I was there.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sadaist
                    Worst part is now your replacement will have to use one of those lame bulbs instead of the old faithful incandescent. Weak.
                    Wait.....I'm being replaced?

I've heard of corporate down sizing but I own the company............oh well, if I can get unemployment I can follow VH around the country!
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Johnniebhoy
                      Roth Army Recruit
                      • Sep 2010

Hi Guys! fairly new here, been lurking for a while and been getting really excited with all the news!

I'd be really disappointed if they were to play Sonisphere or any other festivals in the UK or Europe, I want them to myself!
                      I don't want to have to buy a festival ticket at £170 and wade through all that dross that would be on before them, I want some headline shows of their own!
                      They could quite easily sell out arenas across the UK and Europe, it's about time a "World Tour" meant just that in the Van Halen camp!

Comment

• jpage78
                        Groupie
                        • Sep 2011

It has been quite a few years since I was this excited for information from a band. I kind of hope they start in Australia for those folks down there who didn't get to see Soundwave

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Johnniebhoy
                          Hi Guys! fairly new here, been lurking for a while and been getting really excited with all the news!

I'd be really disappointed if they were to play Sonisphere or any other festivals in the UK or Europe, I want them to myself!
                          I don't want to have to buy a festival ticket at £170 and wade through all that dross that would be on before them, I want some headline shows of their own!
                          They could quite easily sell out arenas across the UK and Europe, it's about time a "World Tour" meant just that in the Van Halen camp!

Hmm, I never thought of it that way ...but great point.

I love the huge festival shows, and think it would really show Van Halen at their most fun. But the sound & intimacy are lacking. Even the intimacy of a 12,000 seat arena. And drudging through all those people at a festival sucks ass. Maybe they'll do similar to The Police did in Los Angeles. They played 2 nights at Staples Center (arena) then 1 night at Dodger Stadium (60,000+). That way you get the chance to see them both ways.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                            Wait.....I'm being replaced?

Yes. But not until we can teach this thing to drink. You weren't supposed to find out this way brother.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Nice one, bro
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Too damn funny
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...