• Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    Don't give DONNIEP any web site ideas!
    If I thought it would make me money you'd be a webmaster at it right now
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      The phrase "He basically played on bass what Eddie would tell him" is the key part to me. I have no doubt the video camera aspect is at the very least embellished, if not blatantly lied by EVH, but obviously Sam knows at some level what Ed was talking about....

But I agree with you WARF, there was no reason to bash Mike like that, especially since Mike has always stayed above the fray of this bickering, and I have no problem with Sam defending him....

But his book confirms that maybe he was defending Mike just a bit too much, and that at least some of what EVH was saying had some truth to it....
      Well included in the same interview Ed claims he did all his partying alone locked in his room which is where he wrote all this material... So in order for Mike to be able to perform these new songs... someone might have to show him what was produced.

Also if Ed spent his alone time drunk as a skunk and all jacked up on coke writing these master pieces... I'm sure once he emerged from his cave he immediately sobered up and I'm confident that he retained great clarity of all his band interaction memories. I can see this whole matter getting sorted out with Ed...

Ed: I swear Mike had to video me showing him how to play every note!!

Al: When did this happen?

Ed: Right before we released 1984... that fucker was following me around with a camera for hours asking me how to play!

Al: Ed that wasn't Mike... that was the video crew and we were making the Jump video...

Ed: Huh?
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Well included in the same interview Ed claims he did all his partying alone locked in his room which is where he wrote all this material... So in order for Mike to be able to perform these new songs... someone might have to show him what was produced.

Also if Ed spent his alone time drunk as a skunk and all jacked up on coke writing these master pieces... I'm sure once he emerged from his cave he immediately sobered up and I'm confident that he retained great clarity of all his band interaction memories. I can see this whole matter getting sorted out with Ed...

Ed: I swear Mike had to video me showing him how to play every note!!

Al: When did this happen?

Ed: Right before we released 1984... that fucker was following me around with a camera for hours asking me how to play!

Al: Ed that wasn't Mike... that was the video crew and we were making the Jump video...

Ed: Huh?
        Hahahahahaha!! Another Masterpiece that I hope shows up on Ed's Scary VH Emergency Alert System!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Can you imagine what would happen if someone sent Ed a link to this thread? Now I'm not suggesting anyone should do it - I'm just saying it would be hilarious. But don't do it. That wouldn't be nice.

Screw you, Ed. Ya know, just in case.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

This thread will drive Ed back onto the Smoking Loon.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
              This thread will drive Ed back onto the Smoking Loon.
              He's more entertaining when he's half in the bag. I say break out the Loon!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I'm the god of hell fire and you know where liars go Ed. Do you? You know what liars get. Do you? Throwing loyal band mates under the bus and telling lies get's you fire baby!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Dave should do the interviews. Keep the matches away from Ed.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    He's more entertaining when he's half in the bag. I say break out the Loon!
                    Break out the smokes!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                      If you read Sammy's shitty book, he blatantly contradicts himself by saying that Eddie and Alex both rejected songs that Mikey brought to the table, and then he writes that Mikey never wrote a note of music for Van Halen. Which one is it, Spammy? The only reason why that article went viral in the first place is because you are such a fucking attention whore and you think it's all about you. You really are the psycho ex-girlfriend of Van Halen.
                      Say what you want about Sammy, but you're still talking about him. positively or negatively, he's still in the spotlight to an extent.
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                        This I agree with.. Dave has gotten weirder as time has moved forward. It's just weird & creepy for the most part.
                        You don't think shiny horse-teeth "Makeover Ed" isn't weird or creepy?

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Idiots online are now blaming the interviewer for butchering the interview in favor of Hagar!

Read the last post...

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            You don't think shiny horse-teeth "Makeover Ed" isn't weird or creepy?
                            Not as much as jazz-hands grandpa, no. He needs to reel it in a bit.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Sam is a flaming bag of dogshit, yet Eddie Van Halen manages to make him look like a prince in comparison...

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                Not as much as jazz-hands grandpa, no. He needs to reel it in a bit.
                                Reel it in? I don't think you can reel in that much gayness. The only thing he could do to be gayer would be to start wearing full on Liberace costumes and borrow some sunglasses from Elton John!

Comment

Working...