X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Who knows, there may be an ounce of truth in the whole video camera thing about Mike and Eddie showing him how to play parts. But its clearly an exaggeration, embellishment, whatever you want to call it.
    To a certain degree, I can sort of understand why Ed rubbed out Mike's image on the album covers and tries to belittle his contributions to songwriting. After all, Mike was choosing sides and he chose Hagar after 2001, and he's been making a steady living playing songs that only Ed and Alex supposedly have exclusive songwriting credits for. It's hard to confirm, but Mike never called to offer condolences when Eugenia Van Halen died, although she was 93 yrs. old so no big surprise. Ed was bitter about that kind of stuff, and he loves to hold a grudge.

But to say complete nonsense about Anthony had to videotape Ed playing bass so he could learn how to play --- that's just treating the fans like retards. No other way to say it. Just open up our mouths so Ed can shovel that dogshit right down our throats.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
      To a certain degree, I can sort of understand why Ed rubbed out Mike's image on the album covers and tries to belittle his contributions to songwriting. After all, Mike was choosing sides and he chose Hagar after 2001, and he's been making a steady living playing songs that only Ed and Alex supposedly have exclusive songwriting credits for. It's hard to confirm, but Mike never called to offer condolences when Eugenia Van Halen died, although she was 93 yrs. old so no big surprise. Ed was bitter about that kind of stuff, and he loves to hold a grudge.

But to say complete nonsense about Anthony had to videotape Ed playing bass so he could learn how to play --- that's just treating the fans like retards. No other way to say it. Just open up our mouths so Ed can shovel that dogshit right down our throats.
      I am trying to think of the time period Ed is referring to when he mentions the videotaping thing with Mike.

Handheld camcorders didn't really come into vogue until 1986 - and even then they were still very bulky - unlike models that came out in the 90s. Clearly I don't think Ed was referring to the time period of 1980-1982 for instance.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        I am trying to think of the time period Ed is referring to when he mentions the videotaping thing with Mike.

Handheld camcorders didn't really come into vogue until 1986 - and even then they were still very bulky - unlike models that came out in the 90s. Clearly I don't think Ed was referring to the time period of 1980-1982 for instance.
        He might have meant film recorder --- like those small 8mm or 16mm cameras that became popular in the 70's.

Regardless, why would any band leader like EVH keep Mike around if he had to show him how to play bass on every album? Obviously didnt need him for his "soul-less" voice, right? Mike was never a looker so pulling in the female fans was exclusively Dave's job. So why did Ed keep Anthony around if he was totally useless?

Comment

• fraroc
          Commando
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TJMKID
          He might have meant film recorder --- like those small 8mm or 16mm cameras that became popular in the 70's.

Regardless, why would any band leader like EVH keep Mike around if he had to show him how to play bass on every album? Obviously didnt need him for his "soul-less" voice, right? Mike was never a looker so pulling in the female fans was exclusively Dave's job. So why did Ed keep Anthony around if he was totally useless?
          Because there was a time where everybody in the band got along. Of course, it all seems so far away now....
          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by fraroc
            Because there was a time where everybody in the band got along. Of course, it all seems so far away now....
            ha!!! what day was that?
            Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 06-22-2015, 04:58 PM. Reason: boobs
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP

Photographer: Ed, please take the jacket off.

Ed: No! I don't wanna!

P: Ed, for the love of god, he's not here!

Ed: How do you know? That Donnie fucker is everywhere!

P: Ed, what the hell are you talking about? There's nobody else here!

Ed: You don't know that. He might be here. He's mean and him and his girlfriend, some chick named Dave's Bitch, they spent like 4 months doing nothing but making fun of me. Day and nite, nite and day. "Ed's Filthy Methy Mouth" they said, over and over. So I went and got some new teeth and then they made fun of that! No! I'm not taking my jacket off!

P: Ed, please man, we have got to wrap this up.

Ed: No! Don't you get it? The whole world is out to get me: Dave won't be my friend. Sammy hates me. Mikey is jealous of me. Gary is gay. Donnie makes fun of me. And they all tell nasty lies about me! Lies! I'm not coming out!

P: Ok Ed, forget it. I'll send this one picture to the magazine and see what they say.

Ed: Can I go home now? Power Rangers is gonna be on in like 30 minutes.
              Here's the thing Donnie...I love MA almost as much as you guys do...hell I have the pick he handed me from the 1984 tour

And this is all wrong, no doubt about it and should have been handled all kind of differently.'

But imagine you had a partner on your interwebs China deal, whatever you are doing and over time you happen to have a knack for creating all kinds of relationshipos that provide you with all of youir cheapest cost and highest quality goods that lead you into even more fortune...

Your partner, who took a risk with you at the time, plugs away but really doesn't have the talent to make the same connections and impact. Are you ok halving the profits for eternity when your impact is 1000 fold what your "partner" is?

Not excusing any of this behaviour in the least but just saying that could lead to some discomfort on a personal side if the lesser of the team keeps cashing those checks despite what is an obvious chasm in talent. All the dougnuts in the morning he brings you and good natured persona isn't going to make up for the fact that your partner is not in your league. That continues for how long exactly? What is the statute of limitations? I think Mike had a really good run in terms of his contributions. I really wish it had never ended but don't you think there is some reason for questioning the status quo at some point? Maybe it was brought up and Mike said, no thanks? Who knows.

No excusing the way Ed handled it, but maybe that is the only way he could deal with this...like a 10 year old...
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

Time for Dave to release that DANCE album he did with John 5 !!! Hey Dave take Mike out on the road with ya ! I'm pretty much done with the fuckhead VH brothers. Poor guy's can never catch a break !! Wonder why ??

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What you are describing makes perfect sense, Romeo... It clearly has been a source of frustration or irritation to Ed for a long, long time. But... then again Ed took NO action to negotiate a more equatable distribution based on creative input back when there was new music being created, recorded and sold.

But that train left the station in 2004 and never returned... Mike was out... officially. A decade+ has passed... it wouldn't be reasonable to ask Mike for the money he legitimately earned back. Frankly it's too fucking late to even waste time bitching about it.

Given all that... I still find it disgusting to read/hear Ed tear down Michael on a professional level where it was totally unnecessary, unwarranted and a general shitty thing to do overall. Fuck that asshole!! He's got his boy... his brother and they can hog the gold they earn with their Twitchy peg-boy Roth from here to eternity now... just won't be any of mine!!!
                  Last edited by ZahZoo; 06-22-2015, 05:30 PM.
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    ha!!! what day was that?
                    Sometime a million years ago.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Fuuuuuuckkk me. Roth Army is now TMZ. All this commensurable horseshit over some band who obviously have no love for themselves much less their fans.

It's a real buzzkill, people.
                      Like you care. Why are you here ? Hell why am I here ?? LOL !

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        Fuck that asshole!! He's got his boy... his brother and they can hog the gold they earn with their Twitchy peg-boy Roth from here to eternity now... just won't be any of mine!!!

Uh-huh. You go, girl! Tell it like it is.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jetstream
                          I wanted to watch this and laugh but it is really fucking sad to see a guy wasted beyond control unable to respect and use the very gift he has
                          It's not his fault !! Just ask him.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            What you are describing makes perfect sense, Romeo... It clearly has been a source of frustration or irritation to Ed for a long, long time. But... then again Ed took NO action to negotiate a more equatable distribution based on creative input back when there was new music being created, recorded and sold.

But that train left the station in 2004 and never returned... Mike was out... officially. A decade+ has passed... it wouldn't be reasonable to ask Mike for the money he legitimately earned back. Frankly it's too fucking late to even waste time bitching about it.

Given all that... I still find it disgusting to read/hear Ed tear down Michael on a professional level where it was totally unnecessary, unwarranted and a general shitty thing to do overall. Fuck that asshole!! He's got his boy... his brother and they can hog the gold they earn with their Twitchy peg-boy Roth from here to eternity now... just won't be any of mine!!!
                            Its just sad is all. I agree. But they will get my cash because I am selfish. I want some gratification from this even if lacking soul ;-)
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                              But imagine you had a partner on your interwebs China deal, whatever you are doing and over time you happen to have a knack for creating all kinds of relationshipos that provide you with all of youir cheapest cost and highest quality goods that lead you into even more fortune...

Your partner, who took a risk with you at the time, plugs away but really doesn't have the talent to make the same connections and impact. Are you ok halving the profits for eternity when your impact is 1000 fold what your "partner" is?
                              That's a good question. Let's say I'm the one making all the connections and he's just helping with the marketing and shipping. Sure, I'd still go in halfsies. Now, If I'm doing everything and he's just expecting a paycheck then fuck that. I'd cut him off at the knees. But Mike wasn't doing nothing - he was playing on the records and never missed a show. And I don't recall ever seeing him shit faced on stage on any boot I've ever seen. So basically he's keeping up his end of the bargain and performing. But...if you wanna give Mike a smaller cut then you gots to cut Al's share too. Cause he didn't write jack shit. But, like Mike, he showed up for the records and every show. And even when he was half lit he could play like a motherfucker.

But, just to carry your hypthetical to the end...IF I felt like I was doing more than my partner then I would sit him down and say "Kip, you're not doing anywhere near the amount of work I'm doing. I mean, you've got great hair and all, really. But I'm killing myself here. We're going to have to adjust your portion of the profits for this deal." See, that's how you do it. Simple, really.
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

I know there is some fucking message in this cryptic song by Dave about what the fuck is going on right now... presently I think it means everything is loony and makes no sense and I probably need Dave in a bunny outfit to establish a true message lol
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...