Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveTheScott
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2007

Hear that grinding, scraping noise? That's not Ed chasing tone, it's the sound of the fucking wheels coming off this whole thing...again...

I have a suggestion for their next album cover. Bitches.

train-wreck.jpg

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

July 5 is right around the corner.. I really am wondering if they're rehearsing as band by now or what...
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
        July 5 is right around the corner.. I really am wondering if they're rehearsing as band by now or what...
        The only hope we have is that maybe Wolf will throw us a 7 second teaser on IG or something. You know no one else in the band will be saying anything. Which is not new...but you would think with two weeks to go we'd see some sort of bullshit activity.

I find it hard to believe they're going to throw the stage up and Dave's gonna stroll in 20 minutes before showtime. "Hey, fuckers!"

Then again...nah, I don't.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DaveTheScott

I find it hard to believe they're going to throw the stage up and Dave's gonna stroll in 20 minutes before showtime. "Hey, fuckers!"

Then again...nah, I don't.
          It'll be FIVE minutes before showtime...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DaveTheScott
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2007

And another fucking thing...from Ed's Billboard interview:

"It’s hard, because there are four people in this band, and three of us like rock’n’roll. And one of us likes dance music,” he says. “And that used to kind of work, but now Dave doesn’t want to come to the table.”

This from the guy who played lead guitar (for free, as the legend goes) on probably THE biggest pop/dance record of all time...

I just don't get it anymore, dude...

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

"It’s hard, because there are four people in this band, and three of us like rock’n’roll. And one of us likes dance music,” he says. “And that used to kind of work, but now Dave doesn’t want to come to the table.”

This from the guy who played lead guitar (for free, as the legend goes) on probably THE biggest pop/dance record of all time...

Yep. Since Ed writes ALL the music, why don't he write 12 songs real quick and then let Dave add his lyrics. Easy. Remember kids, Dave hasn't sat down and written a song with Ed in what, forever? So how come TGG can't just crank out an album's worth of hits and overnight em to Dave and then let him do his magic? And it IS magic, regardless of his wacky dancing and love of crappy pop/dance music.

Here, I'll say it this time, "Fuck YOU, Eddie Van Halen!"
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Also 50 million album sales 'Kind of worked?'

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                  It's maybe a possibility that the Van Halens have been practicing alone for months now sometimes songs that may or may not ever be played on the tour depending on what Dave decides. Maybe him not being there followed by his comments about their work ethic could have triggered some of the Eddie anger?

Before the first tour, the one where Dave carried it and was great, did they not secretly rehearse for weeks in a club with Dave?
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-22-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Nigel
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry

I've worked with some of the same people for nearly 15 years, and while I have respect for their professional abilities and what they bring to the table in terms of the job, I've never had the slightest bit of interest in spending 5 seconds with them outside of the work environment. It seems like it has always been that way with them, though. They're quite a bit older, but the parameters haven't changed.
                    Totally agree Terry. My business partner and I have an advertising agency together. Great, exciting work, but we're as different as night and day. I don't want to hear about his home life and he doesn't care about mine.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's maybe a possibility that the Van Halens have been practicing alone for months now sometimes songs that may or may not ever be played on the tour depending on what Dave decides. Maybe him not being there followed by his comments about their work ethic could have triggered some if the Eddie anger?

Before the first tour, the one where Dave carried it and was great, did they not secretly rehearse for weeks in a club with Dave?
                      Well, there's audio proof of at least ONE session with Dave, via a video that was posted. But yeah, he probably was rehearsing with them on a regular basis.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

Here is the laughable part stating that it "kinda worked", which is like saying a Ferrari is kind of like a sport car. Even Ted T. said he signed Van Halen because of Eduardo's innovative musicianship on the guitar but also because unlike other rock bands it had a pop sensibility about it... that is right, that popular culture element was the crazy D-RO arranging the scatter riff droppings into what in music is called compositions
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Plus we have heard the music that Ed creates when there were four people in the band that liked what he is calling rock’n’roll when he actually means hard rock and it was shit.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

When has Ed ever opened his mouth about anything non-guitar/effect/amp related that has ever been worth listening to? What are we surprised at exactly?
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

But seriously! Would you be friends with some gee-tar guy who has stabbed you in the back several times in the past?

Last edited by BITEYOASS; 06-23-2015, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                                Here is the laughable part stating that it "kinda worked", which is like saying a Ferrari is kind of like a sport car. Even Ted T. said he signed Van Halen because of Eduardo's innovative musicianship on the guitar but also because unlike other rock bands it had a pop sensibility about it... that is right, that popular culture element was the crazy D-RO arranging the scatter riff droppings into what in music is called compositions
                                Yep.... there was a song called "Down In Flames" that was supposed to be on Van Halen II. Dave was telling the Japanese fans that it would be on the record on the late stages of the 1978 tour.

Somebody vetoed that song for whatever reason. Admittedly, the original lyrics didn't seem all that memorable, from what little you can even understand on muddy bootleg recordings.

Who was it who salvaged that piece of music and put the lyrics of a goddamned Linda Ronstadt song (of all things) over the top of it? It wasn't Eddie who came up with that idea. Couldn't be.... he doesn't listen to music. Hell, he probably didn't even realize it was a cover when they recorded it!

And then there's that little piece of "synthesizer weirdness" or however Eddie himself described the music that became VH's version of "Dancing In The Streets". Could Eddie himself ever dreamed of turning that into a Motown cover? Could Sammy fucking Hagar have pulled that off?

I don't goddamn think so. "Kinda worked"?? Geezus Eddie... you were one half of one of the best songwriting partnerships in rock n roll history, and you don't even fucking see it.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...