Hair Metal bands that actually ROCKED (opinion war starts NOW!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
    This pretty much sums up the list I'd have compiled. I'm not sure all of those bands are technically 'Hair Metal' (Warrior Soul definitely aren't), but there were around at that time.
    I'm a latecomer to the Warrior Soul thing, but I've saw them 3 times in the last few years.

I guess they were included more due to the astonishing quality of the little singers hair than their sound which is definitely not of the genre...

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      I dunno there is a semblance of something in the first Poison album because it sounds a bit punky or Ramonesesque in places and the legendary Michael Wagner mixed it.

After that I agree it all went horribly horribly wrong, also proving that the thing I liked about the first album was actually accidental...
      I'd agree with that. It went off the scale wrong when they tried to take it all seriously on 'Native Tongue'.....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Didn't help they couldn't play live.

I used to have a tape of their performance at Donnington which went out on BBC radio, they sound like a pretty poor bar band.

Nowadays they would get away with it better using tapes and technology.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Are you guys seriously talking about Poison?

Get real.

I mean, Bert couldn't even do an above mediocre performance with Pamela! How can you fail so miserably?

You really can't sink any lower.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
            Are you guys seriously talking about Poison?

Get real.

I mean, Bert couldn't even do an above mediocre performance with Pamela! How can you fail so miserably?

You really can't sink any lower.

wanna bet?254184_10150210201462013_501047012_7204968_4302192_n.jpg
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              wanna bet?[ATTACH=CONFIG]9445[/ATTACH]
              Alright, brother of Pete!

Now you can truthfully claim that you're a top & Bert's a bottom.

Can't thank anyone today, wasted all my thanks on cadaverfuck.

I'll owe ya this one 'till tomorrow.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
                Alright, brother of Pete!

Now you can truthfully claim that you're a top & Bert's a bottom.

Can't thank anyone today, wasted all my thanks on cadaverfuck.

I'll owe ya this one 'till tomorrow.

look ma, no hands!

he's a sock...
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
                  This pretty much sums up the list I'd have compiled. I'm not sure all of those bands are technically 'Hair Metal' (Warrior Soul definitely aren't), but there were around at that time.

Vain continue to make cool records, but their debut was something else. Badland's debut is also an absolute fucking monster of a record.

One band that was around at that time that everyone seems to forget is Salty Dog. Not 'hair', but still an LA band....
                  Yeah, I think what happened with this thread is that people, like myself, wanted to dive headlong into a discussion about whatever the hell they were listening to during the "hair" years. I've always hated the term "hair metal". Especially since so much of it was about as metal as a plastic spork.

All I remember from Salty Dog was a tune called "Come Along". Had a nice summertime groove, but vocals that were about as tolerable as Jackal.

Another band that hailed from the time was Galactic Cowboys. They were almost like King's X meets Metallica for their first two CDs. Beatle-esque harmonies with the tuned down chug-chug-chugs going. I dug them to the bitter end. Bassist Monty Colvin put out a couple of CDs fronting his own punkish band called Crunchy. Almost like a more heavy, melodic and refined Green Day. Not bad, though considering I fucking hate Green Day.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Nice lush bridge & chorus around the 1 minute mark. Still moves some of the hair on my arms, those 3 part harms. Doh!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Some familiar names...

14778_10150262842199986_1933164618_n.jpg

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

This actually made my day!

Tommy Adridge is back in Whitesnake! Whitesnake will hopefully sound 10X better live this year. I'm sorry but Brian Tichy is a horrible drummer. Hopefully next they'll sack Reb Beach and bring back Adrian Vandenberg.
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Man....does he look like a living skeleton these days? He has got to be in his 60s and looked freaky enough 20 years ago, lol.

That said, I have seen him with Pat Travers 3 times, seen him with Ozzy once, Whitesnake once.....great drummer. Whitesnake will be much better off with him on skins.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Some familiar names...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9447[/ATTACH]
                            What the HELL is Kings X doing surrounded by a who's who of shittiest bands of the 80s??
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                              This actually made my day!

Tommy Adridge is back in Whitesnake! Whitesnake will hopefully sound 10X better live this year. I'm sorry but Brian Tichy is a horrible drummer. Hopefully next they'll sack Reb Beach and bring back Adrian Vandenberg.

He always reminds me of the singer from REO Speedwagon.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

Tommy is a monster on Full Bluntal Nugity. Great drummer.

Comment

Working...