So this is the other story?

What the fuck is the first story?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
      there IS a god...and his name is hagar!
      Then I hope I go to hell, so I don't have to listen to his fucking music...

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

No shit! :d

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I always revert back to Jed Bartlett when it comes to the Bible....

President Bartlet (Martin Sheen): I like how you call homosexuality an abombination.

Jenna Jacobs: I don't say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President, the Bible does.

President Bartlet: Yes, it does. Leviticus.

Jenna Jacobs: 18:22.

President Bartlet: Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophmore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads? "Think about that, will you? Oh, and one last thing. You may have mistaken this for your meeting of the ignorant tight-asses club but in this building, when the President stands, nobody sits.
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

What the fuck is the first story?
            It was lost to time when the library at Alexandria burned.

I was young. I just copped some good lebanese red off the traders who had put into port, the day before....

Pliny the younger, was there and we just wanted to get a buzz on then head to town, and perhaps have some wine and visit the evening ladies like we usually did on a friday night.

The next day when we showed up to work the deed was done.

I spent the next 37 years breaking rocks in the marble quarry of the upper nile.

Pliny got out of trouble because of the connections with his father and spent the rest of his life contibuting from memory what was to the best of his knowlege.

I hope this makes more sense to you .

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              I always revert back to Jed Bartlett when it comes to the Bible....

President Bartlet (Martin Sheen): I like how you call homosexuality an abombination.

Jenna Jacobs: I don't say homosexuality is an abomination, Mr. President, the Bible does.

President Bartlet: Yes, it does. Leviticus.

Jenna Jacobs: 18:22.

President Bartlet: Chapter and verse. I wanted to ask you a couple of questions while I have you here. I'm interested in selling my youngest daughter into slavery as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. She's a Georgetown sophmore, speaks fluent Italian, always cleared the table when it was her turn. What would a good price for her be? While thinking about that, can I ask another? My Chief of Staff Leo McGarry insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important because we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves, can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother John for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads? "Think about that, will you? Oh, and one last thing. You may have mistaken this for your meeting of the ignorant tight-asses club but in this building, when the President stands, nobody sits.
              Fucking Classic show.....Loved The West Wing.
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Oh, and one last thing. You may have mistaken this for your meeting of the ignorant tight-asses club but in this building, when the President stands, nobody sits.

Originally posted by kwame k
                Fucking Classic show.....Loved The West Wing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Susie Q
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

I believe in both the good and evil, the ying and yang, the positive and negative, kharma, "to everything is a purpose", etc. God has a plan for all of us, we just don't know what it is until we live through it and reflect back. So, do I believe in God, the answer is yes. It's hard I think for the non-believers because they have to have something tangible. Some concrete proof. The bible was written by who? I can understand their search for answers, the need for viable proof. I'm the same way, but I feel comfortable within myself to know there is a positive spirit out there. I guess as one ages you can become complacent and comfortable and seek out the spiritual side when your time comes.

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                  ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Coyote
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Good things bear repeating:

Originally posted by Coyote
                    "Is there a God?"

No. "There" is a destination.
                    Besides, if you need a man in a silly hat to tell you what to believe, you're not worthy of your IQ...
                    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...