X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I would take Stoli over Russian Standard any day. Russian Standard is nasty.
    Yeah it's not great. Is it still on sale in the US? It was pulled from all the stores here after the invasion of Ukraine.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      Yeah it's not great. Is it still on sale in the US? It was pulled from all the stores here after the invasion of Ukraine.
      I think it's gone more or less, I think less than 10% of any vodka sold here was Russian origin and think it was more like 2%....

Upon further review it was 1.2% as of Feb of 2022...

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        I don’t know about now. I bought a bottle of Russian Standard before anyone gave a fuck about Russia or the Ukraine.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-22-2023, 04:32 AM.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He really is pathetic.

KID ROCK
          ENJOYS A BUD LIGHT
          ... Wait, What?!?

8/18/2023 10:12 AM PT
          kid rock drinking bud light

Kid Rock seemingly can't turn down the light, refreshing taste of a Bud Light -- no matter who is on the can -- sipping on a cold one only months after he obliterated cases of the beer with an AR-style rifle.

That's right, the same guy who exclaimed, "F*** Bud Light and f*** Anheuser-Busch" a few months ago was at Skydeck in Nashville Thursday night, taking in Colt Ford's show.
          The former rocker seemed pretty relaxed as he clutched the blue can, taking sips while chatting and laughing with some friends. Unclear if there were other beer options available, but Kid Rock's choice seems pretty shocking considering how hard he went in on the brand earlier this year.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And next to a transgender person no less!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Meanwhile I can confirm I have still never drank that watery crap or listened to his shitty music.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Same here. A long time ago, away from home in the Army, I sometimes drank regular Bud, but it has weird chemical preservatives that can give you a headache...

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  Same here. A long time ago, away from home in the Army, I sometimes drank regular Bud, but it has weird chemical preservatives that can give you a headache...
                  I thinks that's the case with any American generic beer. I once did a tour of the Coors Brewery in Golden (when I lived in Golden) and they give you samples of their freshly brewed crap and you know what, it's fucking great. It's when they add preservatives and carbonation does it all go to shit.

Golden is a shithole anyways.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I was going to tour the Coors brewery the last time I was in Colorado, but I got there too late in the day. Probably just as well, because there was some ungodly stench coming out of that place, like something died in there. I live a mile or so from the old Olympia Brewery, and when it was operational, I could smell it from here, depending on which way the wind was blowing on any given day. Despite the crappy beer they produced, the smell was never bad.. just a generic "beer" smell.

I don't know what the fuck that smell was in Golden, but it made me more determined to never drink a Coors product again even more than the fascist right wing politics of the Coors family did.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      I occasionally drank the regular Bud when I was young but at least in those days Bud in the UK was 5%. I see it's now 4.5%.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bud used to be different in Canada than the US. This is going way back in the memory banks but I seem to remember at the Worlds Fair in Vancouver in 1986 the venues there seemed to be divided between Budweiser & Labatts for some reason. Even fucking McDonalds served beer at the Worlds Fair. Of course these were my first "legal" beer purchases, so I didn't really give a shit at the time. Bud was 5% up there and it was really weak in the states at the time like 3.5% or something. Some ridiculous post-prohibition regulations which have since been done away with.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I don't know what the fuck that smell was in Golden, but it made me more determined to never drink a Coors product again even more than the fascist right wing politics of the Coors family did.
                          Oh, that's just the smell from Texas and Californian transplants.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                            Bud was 5% up there and it was really weak in the states at the time like 3.5% or something. Some ridiculous post-prohibition regulations which have since been done away with.
                            Yeah that was my memory of Bud in the US but when I googled it earlier it is at least stronger these days.

Comment

Working...