Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Funny...I haven't read through all of this...but nobody has really made much mention about Roth's guitarist actually being a part of this...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
      He was bouncin on his toes...LOL

He was thinkin to himself...

"Would one roundhouse hurt?"

LOL.
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Pojo pretty much nailed it. That "Goin' to work!" comment before the singing was major repect for the Bluegrass right off the bat.

Dave nailed it.

From Vaudeville to Van Halen, and everything in between...

A performer's performer.

Period.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DlocRoth
          "Would one roundhouse hurt?"
          Sounds like the name of an album...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• frets5150
            Commando
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLRISVH7884
            I have to say Dave is doing pretty damn good first with the radio gig. which he got totally screwed out of, now he is making the rounds with the TV appearance permuting his album and tour. This might be the best year Dave has had for years.
            Only thing that's keeping the VH reunion is Eddie's drunk lazy ass!

permuting?

Comment

• Classic VH Dude
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jun 2006

Solid perormance by Mr. Roth. I hope it makes Ed see the power of a reunion tour. If Dave can get national coverage with a Bluegrass version of Jump, what would a kick ass reunion draw?

I for one can say about a million of us ass kickin, hell raisin fans.....and a few bucks to go with it.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                It's the damn truth...

It was interesting watching Dave in hindsight...

he put himself in a small circle in the middle of all the musicians...

and you could tell that he wanted to do the Dave schtick...but nearly forced himself out of it...

and stepped aside on 2 different occasions to let the musicians take center stage (the same thing he did for all his guitarists in the past)...

it was a mature Dave...letting the focus be on the musicians (IE...the focus of the album), and the music...

not Roth...

an outstanding tribute to the music he created...
                HE FINALLY LET LOOSE WITH AN INDIAN CALL THOUGH!! AAAWWAH WAHH WAAAHHH!!! CLASSIC DAVE!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Pojo pretty much nailed it. That "Goin' to work!" comment before the singing was major repect for the Bluegrass right off the bat.

Dave nailed it.

From Vaudeville to Van Halen, and everything in between...

A performer's performer.

Period.

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. DAVE SAID IN HIS BOOK HE KNEW HE WAS GOING TO BE A PERFORMER, NOT A LEAD SINGER IN A ROCK N ROLL BAND BUT A PERFORMER. HE HAS THE PERSONALITY AND THE CONFIDENCE TO DO AND TRY DIFFERENT THINGS IN LIFE. MY HATS OFF TO HIM. HE LOOKS AND SOUNDS GREAT AND IF ED HAS ANY CLUE AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON, HE WILL PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS AND GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Hummarstra
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Roth's performance was TOTALLY EMBARASSING. I can't believe how many of you like it. There should not be any CVH reunion, it would be a disaster.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Oooh...do tell....
                      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

SORRY GUYS BUT I HAVE TO RANT. IN DAVES DEFFENSE. 1ST OFF IF YOU ARE A SPAMMY FAGAR FAN AND HAPPEN TO BE A MALE, YOU HAVE VERY SERIOUS ISSUES. MORE THAN 99% OF US,ON THIS BOARD!! YOU PROBABLY GREW UP JACKING OFF TO THE INCREDIBLE HULK. OR RONALD MCDONALD, FROM THE LAST VIDEO I SAW HERE ON THIS SITE. I GREW UP LISTENING TO ZEPPELIN, HENDRIX, THE BEATLES, STONES, ACDC, NUGENT, AEROSMITH AND OF COURSE THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN, TO NAME A FEW, BUT I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD, AND NEVER WILL, ANY MALE HUMAN BEING WHO LIKES VAN HAGAR. IT'S A COMPROMISE, AND EVEN THE CHICKS KNOW IT. DAVE HAS NEVER BEEN A SUPER HIGH RANGE SINGER LIKE , LET'S SAY EARLY PLANT. EXCEPT FOR THE SCREAMS!! ROCK-N-ROLL MOTHERFUCKER! YET THE PAGE PLANT REUNION IN 94 AND 98 WERE UNBELIEVABLE. ROBERT DID NOT SING BEYOND HIS RANGE AND JIMMY PLAYED AWAY. SEE, THE SINGER IS THE SINGER AND THAT CAN NEVER BE REPLACED..WHEN YOU COMBINDED THAT WITH GREAT SONGWRITING THERE CAN NEVER BE A SUBSTITUTE FORE THE ORIGINAL. PLANT DID NOT LOOK VIBRANT AND YOUNG. DAVE DOES! IT'S ABOUT THE MUSIC, AND THE ABILITY TO MAKE THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU HAPPY. DAVE SHOWED IN THIS PASSED PERFORMANCE, THAT HE CAN STEP ASIDE A BIT AND LET HIS BAND TAKE CENTER STAGE. HINT TO YOU EDWARD!! IT IS NOW OR NEVER FOR THIS BAND AND I SAY NOW$$$$$$$$$$ SORRY FOR THE RANT, BEING A FULL ON COCKTARD AND ALL.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

HEY, NOW I'M A GROUPIE. COOL. THE REFERENCE TO THE RONALD MCDONALD SPAMMY GAY THANG WAS THE VIDEO THAT SOMEONE POSTED OF A PATHETIC HAGER WOBBLIN AROUND IN A YELLOW AND RED SUIT.

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by c5150b
                            You're exactly right he's in great shape but as I said before......looked like a tool! Don't get me wrong I'm gonna buy Dave's hot sauce when he's down to that notch on the career ladder...I love me some chicken wings!
                            How does Dave looked like an tool?, his performance was great!, and he seems to be doing great with this new album making the Talk show rounds etc, with a tour planed this summer, I've heard there are high demands for this tour.

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                              Roth's performance was TOTALLY EMBARASSING. I can't believe how many of you like it. There should not be any CVH reunion, it would be a disaster.
                              People, open your minds, Dave is more than rock music and that's what he is proving from this album and the last. I think Dave is trying to touch an new audience and lots of people that grew up in the 80's are now Country/blue grass music fans.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

At least Dave is on a national show doing his thing(and kicking ass), while Ed is sitting at home curled up in a ball drowning in Heineken and piss..........

Comment

Working...