Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRISVH7884
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2006

I loved the performance but wish he did an interview, it was kinda different seeing Dave do the country/blue grass thing, when was the last time Dave has gotten this much hype for an new album? I think he looked out of place because he isn't use to the blue grass setting, when he's played rock music for his whole career. I hope Dave keeps getting booked on more TV appearances he deserves it.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
      IS THAT THE SAME DAVID LEE ROTH ,I SAW 1981 DRINKING "JACK" AND JUMPING OFF THE DRUM RISER ?
      No actually, It's not...

I think that's good...

It's definately Dave though, more in fact, than in recent years...

IN MY HUMBLE EMMER-EFFIN' OPINION !!

:ELVIS:

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Comment

• dheartdoc
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jun 2005

I thought the whole thing was kinda sad and embarrising for Dave:confused:

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Wow! Dave was a class act on the show. Looked great (better than he did on Cavuto) and sounded really good. While I was watching I was picturing him with Van Halen and think he could do it better than ever. Wish they would have shown the audience so we could see their reaction. Hope Eddie got to see it.

A+++++++++ from me.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

I hope that the viewing public don't think that this is what he is touring in support of. If he's playing "regular" VH songs, he needs to make that more clear to the casual concert goer.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Douglas T.
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                Wow....

And whoever said Dave looked outta place with who to point at, well....
                I didn't mean it to sound like he was out of place! It was just funny seeing him decide who was playing next!

Comment

• Douglas T.
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  Well, I have a roof antenna, but since Hurricane Katrina I can't get NBC...
                  LOL! I know the feeling!
                  Last edited by Douglas T.; 06-07-2006, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Dave was nervous as shit and looked out of place. His voice was too loud for the type of music being played. He should've gone with Jamies Cryin' instead of that tired Jump. I would have hoped for a few minutes of interview time too. Maybe Ferguson will give Dave a few minutes?
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

John Jorgenson is a bad man....

DAVE picked some BAD MOFOS to play on this one...

David Grisman?!? Check out those Jerry Garcia solo cd's & MULESKINNER from the late 60s/early 70s....KILLER stuff.....

The performance was GRATE

Comment

• franksters
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Dave Picked the perfect song for The Jay leno show, lyrics... very wise, his voice sounded perfect!

I wish him a lot of those appearences, we need it, and he deserves it!

And thanks to the boys at the army, you guys rock! made my day once again!
                        SUMMER'S JUST
                        AROUND
                        THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                        http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I thought it was a great performance.

Dave's voice sounded very good, much better than it did at the Boston Pop's gig in '04.

It seemed as if he was itching to do some kicks or jump up and down but kept himself reserved because of the nature of the music being played.

Overall, a solid performance and proof that DLR is still the man!
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Polk High
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

good point

Originally posted by MAX
                            Well good boy and welcome to 2006.

No and thankfully it ISN'T the "same" Dave from 26 years ago. Is that the same YOU from 1981 with a pocket full of quarters, headin' to the arcade, wearing checkered Vans and listening to a Sony Walkman the size of a shoebox strapped to your waist? lol

Would you rather see Dave put on that retaaded, redicules lookin', white long hair thing from a few years back, wear spandex and be the butt of endless jokes or act his age, singing beyond stellar whilst having fun as he's doing right now?
                            We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• pirranha
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jun 2006

Man , That was painful to watch, going to see him at the house of blues in chicago, hope he leaves that stuff at home...yikes

Comment

• marchin2mars
                                Groupie
                                • Mar 2004

ROTFLMGDAO......

you guys thought that was good. I cant stop laughing.

THe crowd was really into it? Yeah they were into the the "clap" sign on the side of stage that flashes.

What little career Dave had left he just killed. WHat tiny ounce of hope he had for reunion with VH...he just killed.

So long Dave...thanks for the memories. .....LMAO

THat was haaarrribbbble

Comment

Working...