X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Guy
    Banned
    • Sep 2006

I reported before melodicrock.
    The hope was for it to be all official by yesterday and the announcement made as well. But it didn't happen that way and its still happening though. Nothing has changed and its still all very positive.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz

Comment

• TheArchitect
        Groupie
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by The Guy
        I am here people.
        I said awhile back about their being some news regarding the reunion with Dave before Thanksgiving. Ed's girlfriend/publicist confirmed that Wolfie is now in the band and that they are rehearsing for a 2007 tour.
        Is that not news?

I know how frustrated alot of you are, I am too. Things are going strong with Dave's return, nothing has changed there at all. They just want to make sure all continues to be cool and then make the annuncement and not jump into anything too fast like they did ten years ago. Its going to happen in all liklihood people, the train is on the tracks and the wheels are turning.
        From what I was told just a couple days ago, the summer tour is going to be huge. Possibly multiple acts if it comes together as planned.

I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them. Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great. There are some surprises instore for the fans.
        Edward has told us repeatedly that ten years ago nothing was promised to Roth. What was there to jump into back then or was Edward feeding us a bunch of shit yet again?

Furthermore, waiting is pointless. It always turns bad after they go public and they get a taste of the spotlight again. Roth becomes Roth and Eddie becomes Eddie and kaboom. They can wait forever and thats not going to change.

Putting Wolfgang in the mix will only make it worse. How long do you think Eddie will stand for the press criticizing his kid?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
          Commando
          • Mar 2006

Putting Wolfgang in the mix will only make it worse. How long do you think Eddie will stand for the press criticizing his kid?
          Valerie won't stand for it either.
          And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

Look at all of the criticizing Wolfgang is already taking on the net and he hasn't even done anything yet.
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

I said awhile back about their being some news regarding the reunion with Dave before Thanksgiving. Ed's girlfriend/publicist confirmed that Wolfie is now in the band and that they are rehearsing for a 2007 tour.
              Does Wolfgang rehearse with the band before or after he does his homework?

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Panamark has confirmed that we have real inside info here. From what source I don't know, but what 'The Guy' originally reported to us was later published on Melodicrock as 'news', and Andrew was dead on with the sad news about Van Hagar, well before the rest of the world's music media picked up on it, complete with collective yawn.

Hey, I'm as anxious as any of you for more positive news, but it's pretty clear there is a serious attempt to reunite Dave with VH going on now. I suspect the bass player is the hold up. There must be some serious pressure being applied to get him signed up.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2006

Hey, I'm as anxious as any of you for more positive news, but it's pretty clear there is a serious attempt to reunite Dave with VH going on now. I suspect the bass player is the hold up. There must be some serious pressure being applied to get him signed up.
                  I can't see this affecting Eddie's drinking in a positive way.

Comment

• TheArchitect
                    Groupie
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Halen High
                    Panamark has confirmed that we have real inside info here. From what source I don't know, but what 'The Guy' originally reported to us was later published on Melodicrock as 'news', and Andrew was dead on with the sad news about Van Hagar, well before the rest of the world's music media picked up on it, complete with collective yawn.

Why? They just announced they have a bass player.

Assuming you meant Anthony, what pressure? with what? They have no leverage at all assuming they want him in the first place. Anthony holds all the cards and he should demand everythging back he gave up for the 2004 shit as a minimum. No promoter will touch anything but the original lineup for the money thay are no doubt demanding

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

No promoter will touch anything but the original lineup for the money thay are no doubt demanding
                      Neither will Warner Brothers and I think they have already said this.

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

People should lighten up on Wolf and give him a fair go.
                        Last edited by Halen High; 11-24-2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Halen High
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2004

Pressure from WB and promoters to go out with the original four members. Yes, they just announced Wolf as the new bass player, but Mike's inclusion, at least on the tour, would be seen as the icing on the cake for those being asked to back this.

And I'd disagree that Mike holds all the cards. If they had to, VH could do this without him.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

I can understand some tension being a good thing as far as the music goes but if Mike ends up back in the band with Eddie not wanting him there and with Mike knowing he is not wanted then this thing is going to be a nightmare! Each of them has got to genuinely want the original 4 together for it to work.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Yes, they just announced Wolf as the new bass player
                              Warner Brothers did?

Comment

• Halen High
                                Commando
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                                I can understand some tension being a good thing as far as the music goes but if Mike ends up back in the band with Eddie not wanting him there and with Mike knowing he is not wanted then this thing is going to be a nightmare! Each of them has got to genuinely want the original 4 together for it to work.
                                Perhaps it's better then if Eddie, Alex, Wolf and Dave record a new full length studio album, put it out on an independent label (or create their own), get realistic about the money, and tour as the new line-up. Would not be quite as big as a CVH reunion, but then again if the new material is as good as we're being led to believe, and you have Dave back, then.........

Comment

Working...