X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Example two: do you know who this is?

Most of the world doesn't. He didn't have any really large super hits. Most of the people on the street you meet couldn't name him or one song of his. He didn't dress super-hella-cool.

Does that mean he sucked shit at his instrument?
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

The incredible Jaco Pastorious. One of the greatest EVER !

R.I.P.
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
        The incredible Jaco Pastorious. One of the greatest EVER !

R.I.P.
        I agree, but eddie78 doesn't see it that way.

You see, Jaco didn't have any big hits, the whole wide world doesn't know who he is, and he didn't dress cool. The kids today don't know his songs. So he sucks. And he's also

(get this)

NOT INFLUENCIAL. Based on the ABSOLUTE same criteria that eddie78 has laid down thus far.

NOW, eddie78, do you get it?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• CROWBAR
          Commando
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
          Well, I'm not a guitarist, so...scratch that theory.

Ahh, and there it is.

Not everybody knows who Edward Van Halen is! But people are more familiar with the BAND VAN HALEN. Not so much it's actual members, per se, although Ed and Dave are the two fronts there - Dave more predominantly than Ed.

Up until 1984, I absolutely agree with you.

HAHAHAHAHA

Proof positive right there - you're an Eddie Brownnoser. No WAY you can defend the Van Hagar bullshit against me, jack. Not in a million years.

Game, set and match.

I really don't recall many interviews where Ed has anything nice to say about much any other guitarist, actually.

Did he tell you that, though?

You know Ed well enough to say this...how?

Because if you DON'T know Ed on a personal level, you can't speak with any certainty as to what Ed's mindset was/is regarding ANY other guitarist, unless you can back it up with proof, i.e. verifiable links and/or other evidence. All you can judge with is Ed's actions and/or words.

Short of that, you're speculating, and you've already demonstrated that you've got a case of "Well, maybe it's not SO bad"-itis across the board when it comes to Edward Van Halen - erego, your conjecture is essentially worthless.

And that can be taken either way, can't it?

Displaying your ignorance. There were "Yngwie Fucking Malmsteen" and "Who the Fuck is Yngwie Malmsteen?" signs/posters/et al as early as 1986.

Getting desperate?

To Van Halen fans like us, of course he looked cool. But he was often times considered...what was it...an EGOMANIAC?

That's called "pretentious" in other terms.

Pot, meet kettle...

Besides - the point really is, who fucking cares who looked like what back in the day? That's a rather blase' argument. I know a guy a few miles away from me that could embarass BOTH of them (even if they were both still in their prime) he's so damn good, and he's got poofy hair and bad acne.

The point is - if you care about how "cool" a guitarist is when judging their attributes and skill on their chosen instrument, you're judging by the wrong criteria.

Well gee whiz. Tony Iommi always stood in a corner and looked down.

SO WHAT?

"Poopyhead" argument.

Really?

Because earlier you said:

So which is it?

If you can't appreciate what those guitarists all brought to the table without running back to hang from Eddie's penis, I feel really sorry for you, honestly.

Care to find a link to that quote? How rock guitar all began and ended with Eddie Van Halen? I'd like to see where George Lynch said Eddie Van Halen invented rock and roll on guitar.

...or you could (as you've done previously) ignore the points made and come out with some more "Yngwie is a poopyhead and Eddie is hella-coolz!" arguments for me to disassemble...
          Great post Bob! Especially that part where you said he's an Eddie brownnoser. You have no idea. Keep giving out the lessons BB!

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Frankly...I'm really exhausted.

I hope it's worked. I hope eddie78 looks at this and goes "OH...OK...well, yeah, maybe you DON'T need to party hard, be a household name, wear hella-cool party clothes, drive fast Italian sports cars and have mega hits all over the charts to be INFLUENCIAL on people's playing. Maybe...just MAYBE...SOMEBODY other than Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page influenced people on guitar, looking at it from this angle. Maybe this Yngwie Malmsteen guy did actually accomplish something. Maybe he's got talent, even."

Honestly it's been an extreme stretch to dumb this down to eddie78's level of intelligence. I simply can't make it any plainer for those who chose to live in ignorance with blinders on out of some misguided form of hero worship.

I'm sure Edward himself would admit that there have been OTHER guitarists since 1978 who have influenced people and developed interesting styles BESIDES him...I can't figure out why eddie78 can't make the same concession, but...so be it...
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
              Great post Bob! Especially that part where you said he's an Eddie brownnoser. You have no idea. Keep giving out the lessons BB!
              Thanks, Crow...

How ya been, anyway?
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Thanks, Crow...

How ya been, anyway?
                I'm doin' fine BB, thanks! Keep schoolin' the less knowledgeable.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm STILL waiting for you to come up with a logical argument to ANY of mine or Jhale's.
                  He won't because he CAN'T...

Awww...the mods are so MEAN!

You've LOST the debate on all fronts. Now you're just looking like an ass.

This, for those who know who this guitarist is, is why you look like a fucking idiot.
                  Adrian Legg is a genius. Not that this tool would know that...
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Matt White
                    • Jun 2004

The "EVH SHEEP"......

tools like that kept van haggis alive WAY too long.............

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                      I was looking thru some old GUITAR mags the other day....ran across some of those old GEORGE LYNCH interviews....

Seems he also said that 5150 contained EVH's "worst guitar playing" and that "keyboards have taken the edge off of his guitar playing..."

Yup...after 1984...EVH was going for the dollars...and hiding from the young guns......

Now...HIT THE MUSIC
                      I think Mr. Lynch is making fun of Yngwie in the first part.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8IkpuXCO9E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h8IkpuXCO9E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• jharp84
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

In all "due respect" to everyone who voiced opinion here, I wish this thread could have been during the "lag time" I am very "psyched" for the tour! This may be a valid argument, I am not a fan of Ygnwie, however, respect his fans! Currently focusing on a specific guitarist, who appears to have "gotten shit together" after 22-23 year period!!

Comment

• eddie78
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Nov 2004

Hey, stupid.

You know who this is?

Do you think he's a good guitarist?

Or does he suck shit compared to Eddie Van Halen because:

01. He doesn't wear cool clothes;
                          02. He doesn't party real hard and look hella-cool;
                          03. The world at large doesn't know who he is;
                          04. He doesn't have any commonly known hits;

or

05. All of the above.

Your answer is apparently "All of the Above".

This, for those who know who this guitarist is, is why you look like a fucking idiot.
                          I know who Adrian Legg & Jaco Pastorius, Bobby.

Try again. LOL!

Comment

• eddie78
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Nov 2004

Yeah, Crowbar was the gayass 1SUM2 on the classic VH board!

The tool ran away because no one wanted to listen to his 'I need to suck Mike Anthony's cock to have closure' bullshit, anymore!

The guy is the biggest Ed-basher on the planet, but that shit didn't fly like it does here, because the majority of the members aren't gay enough to say things like "Pot meet kettle."

I see Sum stole that line from his hero Bueno Bob.

Bob needs to realize i've forgotten more about guitarists than he will ever know.
                            But i enjoyed his quizzes just the same!

Ahh, you fucktards are hopeless, especially old crowbar...
                            A guy who spends all day everyday sucking up to nobodies on the links, the army & wherever else, because it makes him feel like he's part of that coveted "inner circle."

This thread will now become invisible...invisible...invisible!!!
                            LOL!

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Bob needs to realize i've forgotten more about guitarists than he will ever know.

You just keep yammering on.
                              You have a serious hard-on for Yngwie, btw. Deal with it. Seek help.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• eddie78
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Nov 2004

Good one, Jhale!

Your about as predictable as you are stupid.

Let's see if your buddy Bueno bob can dig up some shots of Danny Gatton, Roy Buchanan, Al Dimeola, Tommy Bolin....
                                Damn there are some mighty fine players from all Genres of music that have had an impact...Michael Hedges, Leo Kottke, Paco Delucia, Ronni Le Tekro from TNT, who by the way deserved all the accolades Yngwie got!

As much as i dislike Yngwie, the sad fact is most likely have more knowledge regarding him than even Boob does.
                                From Steeler to Alcatrazz to his work with Mike Vescera...
                                I heard all that shit & owned some of it.
                                Not even remotely as interesting & influential a player as Ed was & is.
                                Not even a fraction of the talent.
                                This is the reality my dear youtubers, and this is my final post on this retarded topic.
                                Glad i could lend some purpose to your pathetic lives for a few days!

...and 1sum2/crowbar...

Dude, shut the fuck up, already!

Comment

Working...