Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
    Yngwie is a nerd,
    Nope.

i want to see him party, i want to see if he lives the life.
    Yeah, how well you 'party' is a great measure of what kind of guitarist you are.

How fucking stupid.

that munschkin probably hasnt fucked a woman decently in his life.
    What in the hell are you going on about?

What, are you gay? Why do you care who he has sex with?

Jesus Fuckin' A...

he has never surpassed eddie vanhalen and never will.
    Once again, I present you with massive bullshit from the uneducated Eddiesheep who've obviously never listened to him.

Did you even pay attention to what Eddie was playing in the mid to late 80s...up to TODAY, even?

Ed fucking lost it in 1984 and never got it back.

Unless you'd care to defend his Sammy material...

he is nothing more than a glorified joe satriani,
    HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Dude, just quit posting...it's apparent you have NO clue who Yngwie Malmsteen is, or what he plays...

capable of carrying eddie vanhalens guitar cases and thats it.

his music is boring and has no direction or feeling.
    Which of his albums have you bought, owned, or even listened to? Name the songs off of it. Site me an example.

so he can play fast and acurate, find 25 people on this site of thousands who can name 1 song he wrote.
    Already been done.

Any other bright ideas?

hes a wannabe eddie vanhalen,
    A wannabe Eddie Van Halen, hmm?

Do you have any idea who we're talking about here, or were you just offended that somebody might have said something naughty about Eddie?

m sure hes struggled with this for years, im sure he trembles at the mere mention of his name.
    You've obviously never read or heard an interview with Yngwie, then...

Did you even bother to read the first post?

wanna see a real guitar player? this guy would eat Yngwie for breakfast.
    There's a topic here. Why don't you try and stay on it?
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

fuckin right he kicks ass.
      i have seen roy clark 3 times and every time i have seen him i was always thinking to myself, i wonder if eddie vanhalen has ever seen him.
      Myself, I thought he was a great player, but comparisons with Yngwie Malmsteen and Edward Van Halen never came to mind...because it's kinda fucking stupid to compare country to metal, I think...

Roy's a fucking genius at what he does, but what he does isn't what Eddie does, nor is it what Yngwie does. Throw the three of them in the same room and you'd have a wild time, I'm sure...

i was kind of hard on Yngwie in my above posts but it was for one reason, not because i think Yngwie is a hack,
      Nah, I think you made your point pretty clear. You're concerned about how well he fucks women and parties.

but because hes nothing but a sideshow, he doesnt have what eddie vanhalen has or a few other guitarists like roy clark.
      Your personal opinion. Just as many others (rightly) find him a revolutionary. The guitar world at large found him a revolutionary in the 80's to give aspiring players a little more to aspire to than Eddie Van Halen tapping. If you deny that, then you just weren't paying attention, or you weren't there...

Yngwie is one dimensional,
      Wrong again, Sparky. To people who've heard one or two songs, I expect that...yhere's a wealth of material behind him and to say he's one dimension is ridiculously short sighted, frankly.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what criteria are you judging from?

hes a hired gun,
      You think so, hunh?

Tell me genius, who's he worked for as a hired gun since 1984? What bands has he filtered in and out of?

Careful now...

a freak,
      Oh? How so?

Define "freak" and try to come up with something better than the "I DON'T LIKE HIM! HE'S A POOPYHEAD!" arguments you've managed thus far...

good at one thing and one thing only.
      Really? What 'one thing' is that?

Define it. Say the ONE THING that Yngwie can do "good" on guitar to the exclusion of EVERY OTHER ASPECT of guitar playing and I'll believe you and concede the point.

Let's hear it...but even if you're right...Johnny Ramone was good at 'one thing' too...

eddie vanhalen is the total package, his mind writes songs, great songs.
      He co-wrote six albums worth of great songs (which was obviously quite heavily dependent on the contributions of David Lee Roth, as we discovered to our horror in 1986 and every year subsequently thereafter).

Eddie has done absolutely fucking nothing in the time since other than get steadily worse at his instrument. To the point where he became the fucking laughing stock of washed out, failed ex guitar heroes, exceeded in that catagory only by Michael Schenker himself.

Eddie hasn't "written a great song with his mind" since 1983. Deal with it. It's not 1984 anymore and Eddie isn't king of the strings...there's a hardcore dose of reality for you...

so until Yngwie has a song that is familiar across the globe,let alone 10 albums, he better take a deep breath kneel down and kiss the kings ring.
      Really?

Ever heard of ADRIAN LEGG?

You think he's got a song that's familiar across the globe? You think that makes him anything less than SUPREME at his instrument?

Jesus, your criteria for acceptance is fucking ridiculous...

Maybe Eddie will teach Yngwie how to play those blistering, fret melting solos from "Top of the World" and "Feels So Good" if Yngwie "kneels" to him...

the only people on here who would dare say Yngwie is a better in any way than eddie are the same people who are holding out on this tour, the (im not buying a ticket people).
      Only reason I'm going is because I don't have to work and have a guaranteed free ticket in a somewhat decent area. Had I ANY reason to avoid this fucking travesty, I would...but I don't...

I absolutely anticipate that the solo DLR shows I've seen are going to be much better.

these people would Bitch if they were hung with a new rope, or got a 5 thousands dollar check and couldnt cash it till monday. what dumbfucks, i hope they are happy as hell when they are sitting home at the stroke of 7:30 and diamond dave is walking on the stage with eddie vanhalen.
      I'm guessing they'll probably find other things to do with the night and their life will roll on just nicely...

What, are Dave and Eddie your sole purpose for living?

Those that aren't going have very good reasons for not going, just as I did...and maybe still might, depending on what happens next month...

what idiots, what the fuck are they here for, conversation?. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
      pathetic.
      OK genius, why else would somebody come to a message board if not for conversation?

I guess idiotic, groundless, ridiculously nonsensical and flamingly ignorant posts like yours make for cheap entertainment, but at the end of the day, conversation's what it's all about...

Unless you've got some better ideas as to why you're here...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• vh rides again
        Commando
        • Dec 2006

hit a nerve did i?

Bob of course i know who Yngwie is, i knew who he was 20 years ago, and had this stupid argument 50 times.

Bob i cant understand why anyone would hang on this site and trash eddie vanhalen, sure hes a fuckup, but hardly the halfwit you describe him as.

im glad to hear that you might be going to see him with dave now, who did you con out of a ticket?

and yeah, i do get mad when people say someone is better than eddie on guitar, fuck it, im a vanhalen fan. what do you expect. my bad.

what do you want me to do, trash him because he didnt bend to my will?
        i think i can overlook the direction he took the band vanhalen and just enjoy the fact that he and dave are going to be doing vanhalen songs again.
        you wont see me boycotting vanhalen concerts,because eddie hurwt my widdle feelings.

i trashed Yngwie on a david lee roth fan site, my bad, you trash eddie vanhalen here daily, whos the bigger dumbfuck?.

Comment

• vh rides again
          Commando
          • Dec 2006

hit a nerve did i?

Bob of course i know who Yngwie is, i knew who he was 20 years ago, and had this stupid argument 50 times.

Bob i cant understand why anyone would hang on this site and trash eddie vanhalen, sure hes a fuckup, but hardly the halfwit you describe him as.

im glad to hear that you might be going to see him with dave now, who did you con out of a ticket?

and yeah, i do get mad when people say someone is better than eddie on guitar, fuck it, im a vanhalen fan. what do you expect. my bad.

what do you want me to do, trash him because he didnt bend to my will?
          i think i can overlook the direction he took the band vanhalen and just enjoy the fact that he and dave are going to be doing vanhalen songs again.
          you wont see me boycotting vanhalen concerts,because eddie hurwt my widdle feelings.

i trashed Yngwie on a david lee roth fan site, my bad, you trash eddie vanhalen here daily, whos the bigger dumbfuck?.

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Yngwie is a bitch.
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• dave_is_vh
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

As to your question I think you have made the answer clear.

Also, this is a David Lee Roth fan site, not an Eddie Van Halen fan site.
              "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• vh rides again
                Commando
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                Also, this is a David Lee Roth fan site, not an Eddie Van Halen fan site.
                brilliant deduction watson

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

hit a nerve did i?
                  You'll know when you hit my nerves, trust me. Just pointing out the redundant nonsense in your post. Glad you didn't take the opportunity to answer any of my challenges, but I'm not surprised you couldn't exactly rise to it, either.

Still doesn't make your argument any more logical.

HAHAHAHA...

Brilliant...

Hey, man, if I was an Eddiesheep, I'd fucking post at the Links, you dig?

I get freebees from my work. They sent me out a notice asking if I wanted one, I signed up for it.

and yeah, i do get mad when people say someone is better than eddie on guitar, fuck it, im a vanhalen fan.
                  Hit a nerve for ya, hunh?

what do you want me to do, trash him because he didnt bend to my will? i think i can overlook the direction he took the band vanhalen and just enjoy the fact that he and dave are going to be doing vanhalen songs again.

Hey, man, long live Van Hagar then, right?

If you're all about Eddie and forgiving whatever path he's lead the band down over the years, I guess you must have been all about the Right Now Crystal Pepsi Era(c)....

Heheheh...

You don't pay attention here much, do you?

Wake up and smell the coffee, Jimmy...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

brilliant deduction watson
                    He told you that because you seem to be very apologetic for Ed. Tell me, what's your take on the post 1985 VH shenanigans?

How do you feel about getting fucked in the ass for the better part of 20 years only to have yet another half-assed 75% lineup handed your way?

Never mind - you won't answer anyway. I guess expecting you to actually rise to my challenge and continue the debate was just a bit too much work...google ADRIAN LEGG yet?

You can coverse with all sorts of like-minded individuals regarding Eddie Van Halen at http://www.vhlinks.com

Have a good evening...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

bueno bob, you in the music biz? I am definitely in the wrong business - no free VH tics for me.
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• vh rides again
                        Commando
                        • Dec 2006

ill get back to you bob i need to polish my quoting skills on here or get some i should say.

Comment

• vh rides again
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2006

ill get back to you on your post directed at me i need to polish my quoting skills on here or get some i should say.

you asking me what my take on the 85 mtv awards fuckup and eddie suckering dave into thinking he was back?

if so, i think i just gave you an answer.

its means nothing to me, why would i be upset about 4 dumbfucks who cant see how lucky they really are, to me it was a letdown kinda but im more concerned with whether its gonna rain today so i can get board stocked on my jobs.
                          if i let everything that someone did that i didnt agree with bother me to the point of saying , fuck it i want nothing to do with it, id be a lonly broke man.
                          i couldnt care less what ed did to dave, they all paid for it, not me.

Comment

• paternity ins
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Feb 2007

jfc - who farted?

this is the worst thread ever.

<insert a gazillion "how many guitar players does it take to change a lightbulb" jokes>

there are a million guitar players i would listen to and be inspired by before i would even consider listening to another yngwie malmsteen album, but that says more about ME than it does yngwie malmsteen.

get it?

if not, you're a fucking clueless egomaniac who doesn't even understand rock and roll.

...and why would eddie wanna fuck with a opportunistic dickhead like yngwie? it's so obvious what that narcissist shithead wanted from that transaction, and ed showed a lot of class by ignoring him.

on a lighter note...

if you have a chance, check out ollie halsall. he never had a hit, but he was doing stuff on the guitar (and keys and vibes) in 1970 that schenker, moore, uli roth, et al. hadn't even dreamed of.

specifically, check out "loud green song" by his band called patto.

as you were...
                            Last edited by paternity ins; 09-17-2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by paternity ins
                              jfc - who farted?

this is the worst thread ever.
                              New here, hunh?

there are a million guitar players i would listen to and be inspired by before i would even consider listening to another yngwie malmsteen album, but that says more about ME than it does yngwie malmsteen.
                              Exactly!

It says everything about you...and nothing about Malmsteen...

Glad somebody finally gets it...

...and why would eddie wanna fuck with a opportunistic dickhead like yngwie? it's so obvious what that narcissist shithead wanted from that transaction, and ed showed a lot of class by ignoring him.
                              Oh for fuck's sake.

'Opportunistic' hunh? How so?

Yngwie never had to make a name off of anybody's back...if that was the case, he would have accepted the offers that poured in back in '85, not only from David Lee Roth and Whitesnake and Ozzy but any number of others that asked him between '83 and '86...and there were quite a few LARGE names that wanted him...

Yngwie doesn't need anybody, he sells himself as a solo artist just fine. He sincerely wanted to jam with Eddie because he was/is an Eddie fan, and Eddie has NEVER had jack shit in the way of "nice words" to say about much ANY guitarist, so Eddie having 'class' by ignoring him doesn't mean shit in so far as Eddie's character is concerned.

Yngwie, by contrast, has been willing and able to jam with everybody from John Norum to Satriani and Vai, to Blackmore all the way down to local acts. In most cases, it's in very low key, non publicized events (as was the Blackmore jam, which Yngwie never even mentioned prior to Ritchie Blackmore mentioning it).

Regarding jamming with unknown players, I've seen that happen first hand. You think Eddie would do that for anybody? Honestly.

on a lighter note...

if you have a chance, check out ollie halsall. he never had a hit, but he was doing stuff on the guitar (and keys and vibes) in 1970 that schenker, moore, uli roth, et al. hadn't even dreamed of. p

specifically, check out "loud green song" by his band called patto.

as you were...
                              I will do that.
                              Last edited by bueno bob; 09-17-2007, 04:15 PM.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

The really cool thing about this is that I never would have expected this thread to go to 7 pages, not in a million years...

Love him or hate him, Yngwie inspires a lot of passion among people, either way; THAT is the true mark of success...if everyone was indifferent, well...

Hell, I've read old reviews of Hendrix where people used the same words to describe him that they use to describe Yngwie today...it's hard to say what impact Malmsteen will have on the instrument, and the public mindset, years from now.

But I will attest to the fact that Eddie SHOULD jam with Yngwie. What's to lose? Either Yngwie shows him up or not (and having listened to the both of them very recently, I have little doubt as to the possible outcome on that), but either way the fans of both would eat that shit up.

What's the harm?
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...