X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667

SPeddie78, even YOU can't watch that and honestly say Lynch and Yngwie are both not on fire in that clip.

Yngwie is...

To this day I see that and wonder "Who the fuck let Eddie Ojeda and Buck Dharma in?" :confused:

Yeah, some of those guys are pathetic after watching someone like Yngwie...

Note the David St. Hubbins Yngwie bag before his fucking jaw-dropping solo...

What he says is true...

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      What he says is true.
      Of course it is...I was talking about the "I like the way he puts Yngwie J. Malmsteen on his albums, to distinguish himself from all the other Yngwie Malmsteens in the business"...

C'mon, admit it ELVIS....Lynch was ripping in that too....
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• eddie78
        Head Fluffer
        • Nov 2004

George Lynch handed Yngwie his ass in that clip.

Lynch has tone, the sickest vibrato known to man & he plays like he fucking means every note.
        Yngwie just goes on autopilot & plays every scale as fast as he can.
        There's no variation with Yngwie, just a lot of notes blowing by you.

Early George Lynch, like this, is my favorite era of his playing.
        Later he became too obsessed with learning all his scales & keeping up with the Paul Gilberts. He lost some of his uniqueness, i thought.

But i love George Lynch & Warren Demartini as players.
        I love their phrasing & attack, and i love how they mix up the fast, technical stuff with some bluesy passages & wide bends.

I really like Lynch's different ways of getting his vibrato.
        He just fucking kills in the 'stars' clip.

Comment

• eddie78
          Head Fluffer
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
          Motherfuck and Brotherfuck this thread.

Yngwie is not in the same group or echelon as Edward(with Roth, of course).

It's Eddie, Jimmy, Jimi, Jeff, and Eric,,,or some slight variation thereof,,,

I done forgot about the Yngwie's...the Satch boogies...the C.C.'s...
          Unlike Matt White: Monkey, this guy is a moderator with some sense.

Loons speaketh the truth....
          Yngwie is a relic from 85, Ed is a Legend forever.
          Case closed.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Why do you keep posting? I thought you were done in this thread.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

...this is my final post on this retarded topic.
              That was post #345, dipshit. And here you are, still trying to 'prove' an obviously slanted opinion.

Go ahead, post again and own yourself.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Lynch handed everybody their ass that day. One of the players in that clip who shall remain nameless told me that after he heard that he was like "Well, may as well go home..."
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

...and, Crowbar left classic Vh because, after insulting all the mods with his crybaby rant, he realized nobody would believe any more of his "great" stripper stories...but thats another pathetic tale from Crow's wasted life.

Oh yeah, next time i'll be ever so careful not to defend Edward Van Halen in "Dave territory", crowbar, you fucking halfwit waste of life!

God, y'all are idiots!
                  You can never get facts straight can you moron? You use any little angle for your pathetic attempt at ridiculing when you know you don't have squat. You'll never change and are one ignorant sunovabitch. So many people left that site because of you. I can name several. Me, I have a life Mr. Barnes & Noble bookseller who rides a fucking subway to his job each day. I can walk out and start my truck and drive wherethefuckever and whenever fuckstump. I have more of a life in my little finger than you do in your whole damn body.

The stripper story still stands. It must really irk you to continually bring this up. The mere fact alone. You're so fucking weak your not worth bothering with. Be sure and give Ed a blowjob when they hit Boston chump!

Back to the sandbox now

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

I remember reading somewhere , one of the guitarist's was asked (I think it may have been Lynch) . "Of all of the soloist's that day , who impressed you the most?" .The answer was Neal Schon. ( one of my top favs.) Everyone who wasn't familiar with Schon's abilities got they're fuckin minds blown when he let 'er rip.

Eddie Owhutizface isn't worthy of changing Neal's strings.
                    I honestly would have preferred a Nigel Tufnel solo instead of his . What a waste of tape and studio time.

I thought Lynch ripped too. Sure Yngwie blazed a thousand notes, but his tone is what authenticates him and his style. Nobody does Yngie like Yngwie. His vibrato is amazing!

Listen to Craig Goldie. He was constantly playing arpeggios and sweeping as well as guys like David T. Chastain ,Chris Impellitteri , Akira Takasaki etc. etc.

For that style of playing Malmsteen is the king.

Also regarding this clip.. I've heard that a couple guitar legends opted not to participate in this because Spinal Tap was going too be involved.

Hmm, I wonder who they were?
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                      I remember reading somewhere , one of the guitarist's was asked (I think it may have been Lynch) . "Of all of the soloist's that day , who impressed you the most?" .The answer was Neal Schon.
                      He was definitely among the honorable mentions. I already knew he could play like that from the Schon/Hammer albums. Hell, Neal put out an album with SPAMMY (HSAS, in '83 I think?) that rocked harder than Van Hagar ever did.
                      What always turned me off about Neal was every interview you ever read back in the day he was like "I can play all that fast shit like Eddie does! I just don't because I'm trying to serve the song", as in "I'm taking the high road"....
                      Kinda came off like a jealous, rationalizing teenager. Like he even had to defend himself!

Also regarding this clip.. I've heard that a couple guitar legends opted not to participate in this because Spinal Tap was going too be involved.

Hmm, I wonder who they were?
                      One wonders....
                      I heard those guys did not break character the whole day. Can you imagine? An entire day with David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

One wonders....
                        I heard those guys did not break character the whole day. Can you imagine? An entire day with David St. Hubbins and Derek Smalls?
                        Yes , he's like the preserved moose!
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Jimmy4vh
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jan 2006

Lynch has tone, the sickest vibrato known to man & he plays like he fucking means every note.
                          Yngwie just goes on autopilot & plays every scale as fast as he can.
                          There's no variation with Yngwie, just a lot of notes blowing by you.

Early George Lynch, like this, is my favorite era of his playing.
                          Later he became too obsessed with learning all his scales & keeping up with the Paul Gilberts. He lost some of his uniqueness, i thought.

But i love George Lynch & Warren Demartini as players.
                          I love their phrasing & attack, and i love how they mix up the fast, technical stuff with some bluesy passages & wide bends.

I really like Lynch's different ways of getting his vibrato.
                          I love Lynch's playing quite a bit, but he far from hands Yngwie his ass. Malmsteen was ripping WITH great feel & vibrato back when Lynch was hardly in his A-game. Compare the Steeler album, or if you have the boots from Sweden, to early Lynch ala Breaking The Chains. With only a very few exception to speak of, he couldnt have carried Yngwie's jock. Now, later on i'll admit that George got much better....but even still, he doesnt have anything on Malmsteen. Just a matter of taste.
                          "SIMPLY SAID....GOD IS ED!"

Comment

• Jimmy4vh
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Jan 2006

And yes, to me Eddie is King. Different players, styles....but i would put EVH on a level that many of the 80's shredders couldnt dream of being on. Yngwie is another one i'd say that about. Sure he doesnt have the breadth of solid tunes like a VH....but he always plays incredibly. And, other than Eddie nobody was/is as copied as YJM.
                            "SIMPLY SAID....GOD IS ED!"

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I loved George back in his heyday...after Dokken, he started getting kinda odd. Strangely enough, his absence from Dokken WASN'T, in fact, Dokken's breaking point, which I figured it would be...odd as it may sound, it was the absence of Jeff Pilson, because I'll say this - the album that Jeff Pilson and Reb Beach essentially wrote together ("Erase the Slate") was the best Dokken album since the reunion in '95...

George, while still solid, has just evolved a bit too far beyond my tastes...while I'd be the first in line for a Dokken reunion of the classic lineup, I doubt seriously it'll ever happen...Don's voice is shot, Jeff's too busy playing to 40 people a night with whatever's left of Foreigner, and George is lost in the desert somewhere...

I will say this much - studio "enhancements" or not, "Beast from the East" is one of the five best live albums I've ever heard, and George's playing on it ranks up there among the top three performances of ANY guitarist on a live album. Dokken is dismissed as a "Hair Band" by and large, but man, there's some REALLY excellent stuff going on.

Regarding live albums by Dokken, I just picked this up:

WOW...three never before heard tracks, Don's vocals sound good, Jeff was virtually brand new to the band and tearing it up, George was still in the "Breaking the Chains" mode, but getting better...sounds great, for sure and well worth the purchase if you've considered picking it up.
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Yeah, Neal Schon is good...

But I still don't care much for George Lynch...

Comment

Working...